SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:45 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Discussion
how to use my DX6i for a RC sim

I see some videos on YT and posts around about people using their DX6i to use with DX6i...

how's that possible? is there a cable I can order from somewhere to do this?

where does it plug into on the DX6i?
razorseal is offline Find More Posts by razorseal
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:46 PM
Joined Mar 2011
66 Posts
You plug into the trainer port on the back of the DX6i. It depends on which simulator you use as to which cable you have to get.
slowone096 is offline Find More Posts by slowone096
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:42 AM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Each cable is diff for each sim?

Which is the most popular/least inexpensive?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:47 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal View Post
Which is the most popular/least inexpensive?
What makes you think the same sim is the answer to both of your questions?

I'm amazed how often people ask which is the best sim here. To me, it's like asking which make of automobile is best. You'll have diehard fans of each.

Here's one person's opinion: http://www.rchelisite.com/choosing_a..._simulator.php
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:16 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,428 Posts
Most of the commercial sims come with the cable you need included in the price. Phoenix and RealFlight are probably the most popular.

FMS and RCDeskpilot are free...you can't get much less expensive. They need a USB interface/cable available all over the place. Try EBay and search for "FMS USB cable".

Clearview is in between. It costs, but not a lot. But you also need to buy the same "FMS USB cable" to use with it.

There you go, a wide range of choices. BTW if you were thinking of asking which is best....best for what ? Planes/helis/gliders, beginners/experts, 3D flight/basic flight/precision aerobatics etc ? None of them is best for absolutely everything.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:43 AM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Basic flight
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:47 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Which is best for "basic flight" is a question best answered for yourself. Just as not everybody agrees that Ford is better than Chevy, or Pepsi is better than Coke, not everybody agrees that one sim is better than another. Go to your local hobby shops and try them all.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:18 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,428 Posts
Since he ain't even bothered saying if he's interested in fixed wing or helis or both I've lost interest .

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:42 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
Since he ain't even bothered saying if he's interested in fixed wing or helis or both I've lost interest .

Steve
Seriously?

Had I known there were types of *** sims that break it down to helis/planes, types of flying etc, I would probably know what I wanted.

It's a dag on forum, people ask questions, then the replies try to get an answer.

I didn't know there were types of sims that go that into detail....

But I wouldn't ask you to respond back, because you lost interest.

For the ones that hasn't lost interest. I read on here that spectrum (or dx6i) has to use special cables for it to work properly? I saw a youtbue video of a guy setting his up phoenix flight, I think he used the original cable though.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:52 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
>I saw a youtbue video of a guy setting his up phoenix flight, I think he used the original cable though.

Hmm... as oppose to cracked cable to steal the software?

Here is a novel answer for you:

You have to PURCHASE the simulator and you will receive the ORIGINAL cable that will make it all work.

Anything else does not have place in this forum.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is online now Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:59 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
What are you talking about dude?

It's a video of a person showing how to setup his dx6i with his Phoenix sim

I didn't even know sims come with a cAble until I literally just read/saw that they do...

Calm down. What does ANYTHING have to do with cracked software?

All I asked was what I need to do how to use my dx6i for sims.

I would never, ever pay that much for one of these sims anyways. I'll probably just get a cable online and download one of those free ones....
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:07 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
>I would never, ever pay that much for one of these sims anyways. I'll probably just get a cable online and download one of those free ones....

You never mentioned free sims...

Here is the cable (get one that is JR compatible):
http://shop.tomsrc.com/product_info....roducts_id=261

Stefan
skirtz is online now Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:23 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz View Post
>I would never, ever pay that much for one of these sims anyways. I'll probably just get a cable online and download one of those free ones....

You never mentioned free sims...

Here is the cable (get one that is JR compatible):
http://shop.tomsrc.com/product_info....roducts_id=261

Stefan
I never mentioned any sim. The only one I mentioned was most popular least inexpensive. I don't even k ow what sims were out there until just now.

I only referenced to is because it came up on my YouTube search. I had no idea that was over 30-40 dollars.

The only logical one is clear view or the free ones for me.

And that link was just what I needed. Thank you
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I was unaware that "most popular" ever meant "least expensive" with any product. Sounds to me you're not interested in a "popular" sim. Sounds like you're interested in a free sim. You get what you pay for.

Don't get upset because somebody asked you whether you like helis or airplanes. You don't have to pay much attention to find out that that seems to make a difference in many people's eyes.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:01 PM
United States, PA, Butler
Joined Jun 2006
1,003 Posts
Wow, what is wrong with the forum lately between the smart *** replies to people asking simple questions and the opposite spectrum of people not taking legitimate help (think noob with the EDF in the electric sections....)?

Razorseal, most of the higher dollar sims come with a cable with a plug for most common radios. The reason they do that is because within the cable is piracy protection so that you can't download an illegal copy and use a cheap usb cable such as outlined in a link earlier.

Clearview is the only one thusfar that I know that you download and purchase the software ($40) and do not need a special cable. You use whatever cable that is available or one of the cheap PC controllers that is available (or even use a gamepad.)

With the 2 free ones mentioned, FMS and RCDeskpilot but I think there are a few others, can also be used with either a PC controller, gamepad, or your own radio with a USB cable.

There is one more way for connecting the DX6i to the computer using just an audio cable and plugging from the trainer port to the sound card of your computer. Currently I am using Clearview this way as I haven't yet ordered a USB cable. To use the audo cable, you have to download a couple of programs that allows the computer to get the signal and convert from audio to a gaming joystick controller. It is more involved than I care to explain while I am hear on lunch at work, but SmartPropoPlus is the program you need to use. Look here (2 links - Installation for FMS simulator and installation for other simulators) and you can figure out how to get the radio working through the audio cable to the soundcard. It isn't the greatest and is a little glitchy, but it does work. I use it now just because I'm a huge procrastinator and haven't ordered a USB cable yet.
mrodgers is offline Find More Posts by mrodgers
Last edited by mrodgers; Aug 26, 2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Wrong name addressed....