USA, FL, Winter Haven
Joined Nov 2004
116 Posts
Contest
Mid-Florida Mid-Winter ALES Contest

MID-WINTER ALES CONTEST
HOSTED BY
MID-FLORIDA RC CLUB

The Mid-Florida RC Club will be hosting a 2-day Mid-Winter ALES Contest on Saturday, February 25, 2012 and Sunday, February 26, 2012. The contest will take place at the Mid-FLorida flying field, located near Fantasy of Flight in Auburndale, FL. The field is north of I-4, at exit 44. Detailed directions to the flying field are available on the Mid-Florida RC website.

There will be 2 Meter and Unlimited classes flown. Prizes will be awarded to first through third places, plus a high point grand champion.

Dry RV camping and tents will be allowed on site. No water or electricity available on site. No fires allowed on the ground, but grills are okay. A full service RV park is less than one mile away. (Le Lynn RV Resort 800-736-0409) If you desire to stay there, I suggest you make reservations early. There are 2 other RV Parks in Davenport, FL, in the vicinity of I-4 and US 27. Also located less than one mile away, is a large Love's truck stop with dumping facilities and diesel fuel.

We are working on hotel recommendations in nearby towns.

Vendors are welcome.

The average daytime high temperature for central Florida in February is 73 degrees F.... a nice respite for our Northern friends!

If you have any questions, please contact CD at dongrisham@hotmail.com
dong727 is offline Find More Posts by dong727
to remove ads between posts