SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by impostor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:03 AM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Discussion
Ruckus and Pede Video

Gave my son (7) an Electrix Ruckus rc monster truck. He absolutely loves it. Here, we were driving around after a rain storm in Chicago. Unfortunately, I didn't waterproof his truck good enough so it shorted out the ESC. We lost the fwd controls. So now it only goes backwards. I'm waiting on an XL-5 ESC and a Titan 12T motor to put in his truck.

Stampede 4x4 and Ruckus (4 min 10 sec)

On the aircrafts side, I haven't flown anything since the crash of my P-40. I did pick up a Sky Angel Rare Bear to replace the P-40. Got the electronics wired up and installed. I need to finish assembling the plane and balance it. Then it'll be ready to be maiden. But it's tough finding time to go fly it recently...
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:29 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2011
12 Posts
nice video. I have a ruckus and love it, it's what got me into the hobby. I see you plan to get an XL-5, I suggest it for sure and got that as well for my Ruckus. I also waterproofed the servo/receiver area as well, which I assume you also did.

One thing I will say tho, I twisted and snapped my driveshafts and axles on my Ruckus after many uses with 7 cell NIMH and on the 2nd run of the XL-5. I ended up buyign Traxxas Stampede/Rustler VXL drivecshafts and axles off ebay for $10 shipped and put them in. Since they are rated for the Rustler VXL up to 70mph then they should be plenty fine on the Ruckus. I snapped them with just the STOCK 20T motor, not even the upgraded 15T they sell or the Titan 12T motor. I saw you planned to put in the Titan 12T, so only as my experience I would say the driveshafts will probably go at somepoint, so you may need new ones or plan ahead and just buy them at $10 it will be worth it when the stock ones break and you'll have them and not need any downtime.

However tho, if you have already put in the Titan 12T did you notice anything else break that I should prepare for or notice any speed difference(as in was it worth it to put one in or was the speed minimal gain)?
UHATEIT is offline Find More Posts by UHATEIT