HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:07 PM
GliderPilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Aug 2011
267 Posts
Discussion
Art-Tech ASK-21

This shows that all one has to do is think abit, and it also helps when a friend pushs you in the right direction, thanks studioRS.

I have drooled for awhile over a Art-Tech Ask-21. And this kit was available thru Hobby Lobby.com, but alas for abit now OOS.

Now a Ask-21 available thru HK, but again I just will not pay the ship for such large items from that side of the world.

I was having a pity party and studioRS gave me a suggestion that can be applied to any OOS plane you might be looking for.

What is this valuable tip: replacement parts

Went to Hobby Lobby, pulled up the item, then hit replacement parts and proceeded to aquire all the components to assemble a Art Tech Ask-21

So the next time you see that dreaded Out of Stock, go to replacement parts and put a kit togeather from the parts. Oh yea, cost less this way than a full kit and I can use the electronics of my choosing.
rickhensley is offline Find More Posts by rickhensley
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:15 PM
venice ca
Joined Feb 2011
51 Posts
rick i have this plane and it flys very nice
donald s is online now Find More Posts by donald s
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:18 PM
GliderPilot
Joined Aug 2011
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donald s View Post
rick i have this plane and it flys very nice
Would you give me the Pros and Cons as you see w/this bird.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:56 PM
venice ca
Joined Feb 2011
51 Posts
Im very happy with this glider i have about 50 flights on her. i have no cons for a foam glider i paid 135 and still flys very nice. I fix the rudder and remonded the stablizer motor gets warm i drilled holes in the spinner that helped she glides very good flap would be nice
donald s is online now Find More Posts by donald s
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:12 PM
GliderPilot
Joined Aug 2011
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donald s View Post
Im very happy with this glider i have about 50 flights on her. i have no cons for a foam glider i paid 135 and still flys very nice. I fix the rudder and remonded the stablizer motor gets warm i drilled holes in the spinner that helped she glides very good flap would be nice
Thanks and sounds good to me.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:30 PM
GliderPilot
Joined Aug 2011
267 Posts
Got home today and there was a big box and a small box on the front porch from Hobby-Lobby
After getting out of my monkey suit/work uniform, I proceeded to open the box's up.
And low and behold, out popped a Art-Tech Ask-21 fus, wings, tail and canopy.
But one item I ordered, was listed as in-stock was not in the box's, the motor.
Would find on packing slip BO
I also have a problem, I am a builder and pretty much understand the construction process, but what additional hardware is needed, I guess if you order replacement parts, then you have the hardware from the damaged bird to use, but I am building from these parts and need to know what is missing in screws sizes and any other info would be helpful.
Until then, she will just set on the cradle as a desk pretty
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:42 PM
GliderPilot
Joined Aug 2011
267 Posts
Wel as often we do, I sat here pondering my next move to put power into the nose of this bird and thanks again to my friend studioRS who downloaded a Art-Tech Ask-21 manual on another thread, thats why it pays to use this Forum for your research, I discovered that I might already have a power plant for this bird and did not know it. Seems that the motor f/a ST Fox and spinner, snap off type w/screw on prop yoke is the same as comes on the Art-Tech Ask-21.
Oh please let it be sooooooo.
Any idea fellas???????????