HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:20 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neck View Post
Just curious...you crimping guys. Are you crimping battery connections and ESC connections?

I've never seen anyone do that.
If you mean "are the APPs on both ESC and battery attached by means of crimping?", then absolutely!

All of my APP battery and ESC connectors have always been crimped with my WMR crimpers.
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
If you mean "are the APPs on both ESC and battery attached by means of crimping?", then absolutely!

All of my APP battery and ESC connectors have always been crimped with my WMR crimpers.
+1 on ESC to Battery, 12s lipo systems. Solder bullet connectors ESC to motor
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:52 PM
Gravity sucks
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2011
557 Posts
Not to derail charging station talk, but what's the best connector for smaller batteries, 1-3S? While finishing my
Case I can change connectors on batts and charger cords? Right now I run XT60s but they are physically a little big.
newTOpro is online now Find More Posts by newTOpro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Shop!!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:38 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newTOpro View Post
Not to derail charging station talk, but what's the best connector for smaller batteries, 1-3S? While finishing my
Case I can change connectors on batts and charger cords? Right now I run XT60s but they are physically a little big.
I try and standardize on Deans wherever possible, but on my smaller Depron planes, I use JST connectors

http://www.helipal.com/connector-jst.html
ltc is offline Find More Posts by ltc
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:47 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neck View Post
Just curious...you crimping guys. Are you crimping battery connections and ESC connections?
I've never seen anyone do that.
Batt to ESC - yes. ESC to motor - no. Use the stock bullets for space and because you don't hardly ever need to touch them. Otherwise I would use APP on those also if not for the size of the connectors.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:55 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,288 Posts
Any good source for a 6' Y-Power cable for the power supply C13 connector for dual power supply to single 3 prong 110V outlet
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Last edited by Ohio AV8TOR; Feb 05, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:16 PM
wjs
William
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Any good source for a 6' Y-Power cable for the power supplys
6' ?? Will have to go 10-12awg I would think. I would be curious of the use case here, as it may change the following ideas. Did not say what connectors on ends, but you can make any cable here with all kinds of quality connectors.
http://www.powerwerx.com/adapter-cab...stom-cable.asp

Personally, I would make something with Zip Cord from here or the depot.
http://www.powerwerx.com/wire-cable/...-zip-cord.html

Probably take a 10awg out as far as needed first from the PS and Y off toward the end with a short Y cable, or use a crimp T-Tap near the end of first pair to take off the Y. I might also forget the Y and just source back another pair directly to PS. Depending on your physical setup.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:40 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,288 Posts
Looking for a Y-Power cable for the power supply C13 connector for dual power supply to single 3 prong 110V outlet. I have 3 computer power supply cables maybe I will just make one
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:41 PM
wjs
William
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Any good source for a 6' Y-Power cable for the power supplys
These Wago lever terminal blocks are quite handy also. Will take stranded or solid conductors ranging from 28-12awg.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Wago-222-...item1e59f6e5e8
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:44 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,167 Posts
Quote:
Looking for a Y-Power cable for the power supply C13 connector for dual power supply to single 3 prong 110V outlet. I have 3 computer power supply cables maybe I will just make one
I have a box full of them that I provide with my supplies. They're 6', have one standard grounded 110V plug, and a molded Y that extends to two C13 plugs. PM me and I will take care of you as I have a few extra.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:05 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic View Post
He was referring to good quality industrial grade tools, not the stuff your find at Harbor Freight.

This is what I use when I crimp Anderson Powerpole connectors.

http://www.powerwerx.com/crimping-to...powerpole.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic View Post
Here's the genuine JST XH crimp tool. It's almost $500.

http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...45292?k=wc-110
...and I have both of those, actually two sizes for the APP's and two of the JST-XH crimpers as I am wearing out the first one.

That Wago crimper tool linked above on ebay would not have a home in my tool box. I have tried those and they failed miserably for my demands. Perhaps good for most here but not for me.

Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:19 AM
Reckless Driver
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
I just wanted to say that this thread is one of the reasons I joined. There are some very nice setups in here, and I hope to add one of my own to the list soon™.
justpoet is offline Find More Posts by justpoet
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:31 AM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,786 Posts
I have three genuine Anderson crimp tools, 15/30A, 45A, and 50/75A.

I didn't think you could ware out the JST crimp tool. The Anderson tools are rated conservatively at 50k crimps.
Ohmic is offline Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:39 AM
Outstanding in the field of...
New Haven, CT., USA
Joined Feb 2006
2,064 Posts
Ep rc field box.

WOW!! I came across this link during a recent 'web-browsing', session. (....what ever happened to the term, "Web surfing"...?)

It appears that this fellow RC hobbyist seems to have it together with his 'wheeled' RC Electric flight support field-box.

My field box (2 min 23 sec)

Oh...,and here's the link to the thread on a related EP RC aircraft forum where I found that You Tube link to that vid.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57236
Max Headspeed is offline Find More Posts by Max Headspeed
Last edited by Max Headspeed; Feb 06, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:19 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
I just wanted to say that this thread is one of the reasons I joined. There are some very nice setups in here, and I hope to add one of my own to the list soon™.
Glad you are here. There are a lot of wealthy information threads around here. Spend some time looking around to find them then save them to your "MyGroups" for easy following. Do forget to share what you know as well.