SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by nasgul, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:15 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
Alert
Ebay kk boards beware! Don't get burnt like me!

was really looking forward to flying my first quad build when......

one minute board working great, then disarmed. since then, loaded all firmware i could find, not one worked. it went bonkers! lucky i had disconnected the props or the effing thing would have taken my face off!

tried all fixes, checked esc's, receiver, transmitter, but to no avail.
brought the board from seller in hongkong, looked a his profile, and behold, no longer a seller! mmmh, wonder why that is then, eh!

so, if you are thinking of getting one off ebay, be careful. you may be lucky, or not. i'm not in a financial position to be spending a fortune, but in hindsight it would have been better to buy from official distributors!

so, after this experience, i'm now a sceptic.....

maybe multiwii is way forwards........

anyone selling paris board and arduino with wii gyro and auto level?......
reasonably cheaply?......

UPDATE:

thanks to the incredibly talented mr barton, it seems the problem boils down to naff soldering on the board, namely the atmega 168 pins. this is what was causing the problems, however he did mention that the gyro's are very good indeed.
so it would seem apparent that the main cause on this one was the soldering of components, and something for others to be aware of!
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Last edited by nasgul; Aug 27, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts