HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:23 AM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Oct 2008
310 Posts
Discussion
Spare part for Hobby Lobby Escale A6M5c Zero

I haven't even got this bird in the air, but it rolled on my workbench and the 'nosecone' got bent in (ruined) --- They don't even offer this as a part -- you'd think with all the bad landings they'd offer it.

I think I'm finally learning the lesson the club guys have been trying to teach me. Stay away from the cheap, chinese stuff... no matter how good the price and how cool it looks.

In contrast I needed an Eflite part and the company had one to me in 2 days and didn't even charge me, said it was "good will" --- THAT'S a good company IMO...
Kevinfred is offline Find More Posts by Kevinfred
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:12 PM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,862 Posts
The problem with ARFs...here today, gone tomorrow. Time to start building something you have control over and pride in.
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:19 PM
Wildcat
Joined Apr 2011
3 Posts
I have the E-scale Zero, flies great! Sure some of the parts are cheap, but I knew that going in and I've upgraded quite a few, but all in all, it's been a good plane. I've bought many planes from Hobby Lobby and have had no problems with getting replacement parts and their service has always been excellent. When my Zero arrived, the wing had a dent, and the control arm for the landing gear servo was missing, they sent me a whole new wing, plus parts, no charge and right away.
idanaileram is offline Find More Posts by idanaileram
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:31 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Oct 2008
310 Posts
mritt you sound like my RC club mentor!! Respectfully, I really wouldn't have time to build an aircraft from scratch - although I do believe the benefits are endless...
Kevinfred is offline Find More Posts by Kevinfred
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:17 PM
United States, IL, Alsip
Joined Aug 2011
16 Posts
I just had to buy a replacement prop for my zero and to my surprise it comes with a full nosecone assembly and all hardware. Not a bad deal for $11
Dhaphaos is offline Find More Posts by Dhaphaos