HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:41 AM
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
389 Posts
Discussion
Classic Pattern at the Bear Mountain Flyers Fall Pattern Meet - Oct. 1 & 2

On October 1st and 2nd the Bear Mountain Flyers will be hosting the Fall Pattern Contest originally scheduled for the AVTI club in Lancaster, CA. The BMF location will probably have much better weather then Lancaster and it can also draw a bit better from the north. Here is a link to the club's website for directions to the field,

http://www.bearmountainflyers.net/home

Along with the normal Pattern Classes we will be offering the four Classic Pattern classes. Novice, Sportsman, Advanced and Masters. The rules will be as posted on the Ballistic pattern Association website. Here is that link,

http://www.ballisticpattern.com/

It will be your choice what class you want to fly. You can enter both the regular pattern events and Classic. Here is a link to a Flyer for the event.

http://www.patternflying.com/NewsDetailPage.aspx?ID=126

What is not mentioned is that you can enter both the regular AMA/F3A classes and Classic pattern. A second class will be an additional $10 entry fee. I will post a link to a site where you can pre-register soon. Pre-registering will be highly recommended.

Hope to see all you Classic fans out at this event! Let's get this thing going and let's add some more fun to pattern events!
TonyF is offline Find More Posts by TonyF
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:20 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,314 Posts
Thanks for the note, Tony. Looking forward to flying both AMA and Classic. Did you fix your Evo?
Chris...
stuntflyr is offline Find More Posts by stuntflyr
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:10 PM
West Coast Director, CPA
Simi Valley, California
Joined Jan 2010
734 Posts
Can't wait!

Hey all you that showed up at Camarillo for the Classic Pattern Get-Together, how about showing up for this one? An actual contest! We cannot bemoan the lack of Classic Pattern activity on the left coast if no one participates.
Vertigo II is offline Find More Posts by Vertigo II
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:02 PM
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
389 Posts
Hi Chris. Hope to see everyone at the meet. The EVo .60 is running great. Found that if I put a Bru-Line air filter on it it cuts down the carb bore just a little and makes setting it a lot easier. Just flew the P-7 yesterday!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:02 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2011
79 Posts
Hi guys, met some of you at camarillo. I had a Tower Kaos and a little Tsunami sport plane. I'd like to go, I'm building a Dirty Birdy right now. I don't Know if I can get it finished in time, going to be close! Would the Tower Kaos qualify? I've never competed before but want to give it a try. Not much help down here, I'm in two local clubs and there's zero interest in pattern with the exception of 1320Fastback.
VCscott is offline Find More Posts by VCscott
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:50 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,314 Posts
Hi,
I am very sure the ARF Kaos is legal. Mine is! Bring it on down. If the Dirty Birdy isn't finished, bring it anyway so we can all see it. We love seeing guys models under construction, too!
Chris...
stuntflyr is offline Find More Posts by stuntflyr
Old Aug 28, 2011, 11:34 PM
West Coast Director, CPA
Simi Valley, California
Joined Jan 2010
734 Posts
Tony F can verify, but my understanding is that is will be a "run what you brung" type of deal for Classic Pattern. The idea is to promote participation, not so much the emphasis on the aircraft type.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 03:30 PM
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
389 Posts
Vertigo II is spot on. "Classic Style" is all you need. There won't be any DQ'ing of models. This is more about the type of flying.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:19 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2011
79 Posts
Thanks guys, sounds great. should be fun.
VCscott is offline Find More Posts by VCscott
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:23 PM
West Coast Director, CPA
Simi Valley, California
Joined Jan 2010
734 Posts
These aircraft will be heading up from Camarillo/Simi Valley. The Venus II (foreground) and the Vertigo II (background) will be flying classic, while the Focus Sport (mid) will be flying in AMA Intermediate class. The P-7 will be present as a back-up.
Last edited by Vertigo II; Aug 30, 2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:12 PM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Joined May 2006
1,302 Posts
Robert,

Is Tom going?

I am undecided at this time. Need to see how things shake out with the kids.

Doug
Fatherof4 is online now Find More Posts by Fatherof4
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:43 PM
West Coast Director, CPA
Simi Valley, California
Joined Jan 2010
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherof4 View Post
Robert,

Is Tom going?

I am undecided at this time. Need to see how things shake out with the kids.

Doug
Yes, the Venus II is Tom's. He will be flying classic only. Hope to see you there!

-Robert
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:59 PM
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
389 Posts
Here are some links to the contest.

Contest Flyer: http://www.patternflying.com/NewsDetailPage.aspx?ID=126

I'll post the link to pre-registration when it is up.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:07 PM
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
389 Posts
OK guys, the event is just about here. Here is a link to pre-registration. As you enter info on the form, if you're going to fly Classic, just add CP after your last name. Also putting what Class you're going to enter would be great. If you're also going to fly an AMA class, there is a spot on the form for entering what class you're going to fly. here's the link,

http://www.patternflying.com/TempRegistrationPage.aspx

Sure hope everyone is planning on attending! Should be a great time!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:30 PM
USA, TN, Knoxville
Joined Oct 2004
350 Posts
contest

someone send me photo's of the contest and we will post them on the Classic Pattern Association site.

www.classicpatternassociation.com

CPA#2
patternpilot1 is offline Find More Posts by patternpilot1