HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2011, 01:17 AM
Registered human
Oslo, Norway
Joined Nov 2007
64 Posts
Discussion
Remote Binding Problems (E-Fly 2.4Ghz Micro Heli)

First of all: I have brand new batteries in the remote and the lipo is fully charged.

Video of my issue:
E-Fly EF-136 problems (0 min 59 sec)

I'm having trouble binding my new E-Fly 2.4GHz Micro Heli remote. When I got the heli I could not get it to fly. It kept blinking red and the remote had a solid red light. So I figured I had to bind the remote. But I cannot manage to do it, and I've looked everywhere for a solution. I have tried to bind this remote now at least a hundred times, and now I'm giving up. Am I doing something wrong or is my heli/remote DOA?
agjell is offline Find More Posts by agjell
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:06 PM
Registered human
Oslo, Norway
Joined Nov 2007
64 Posts
Anyone?
agjell is offline Find More Posts by agjell
Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:33 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
You would probably have more luck if you asked in the multi rotor forum http://www.rcgroups.com/multi-rotor-helis-659/

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
That is definitely not a multi-rotor heli. So asking there (as you suggested him) is actually pretty bad advice That being said, I don't know the answer.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:18 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
That is definitely not a multi-rotor heli. So asking there (as you suggested him) is actually pretty bad advice That being said, I don't know the answer.
It certainly is......it's clearly a multi rotor coaxial heli which is exactly the forum he needs to be in. The term multi rotor on RCG has only recently been connected to quads or other type of non heli aircraft so just about anyone that has beenon RCG for more than a year will call coaxials multi rotors. The coaxial forum was in fact called the multi rotor forum for many years until the quad guys petitioned for their own forum.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:56 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
As Xrayted said the forum was called multi rotor long before quads and the like hit the scene and at that time Co-Ax's such as Esky lama, walkera 5#4 were the main heli's in that category - for a time cop you detective abilities leave much to be desired

However I do take your point - it was not the best advice since Multi rotor has been hijacked by the quads.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Last edited by Hellraser; Aug 23, 2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 02:21 AM
Vertical Unlimited
Mandurah, Western Australia
Joined Mar 2007
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjell View Post
First of all: I have brand new batteries in the remote and the lipo is fully charged.

I'm having trouble binding my new E-Fly 2.4GHz Micro Heli remote. When I got the heli I could not get it to fly. It kept blinking red and the remote had a solid red light. So I figured I had to bind the remote. But I cannot manage to do it, and I've looked everywhere for a solution. I have tried to bind this remote now at least a hundred times, and now I'm giving up. Am I doing something wrong or is my heli/remote DOA?
I've got the same problem. We bought two: one bound and flies well, the other won't bind. I found the antenna was not properly soldered to the circuit board - it pulled away when given a very light pull. If you look at the back of the board (top right) you'll see the connection marked "ANT". I removed the rubber isolation (that stops the antenna shaking itself loose) and resoldered the join. This should have fixed mine, but it didn't. Might be worth checking yours though...
Straight Up is online now Find More Posts by Straight Up