Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:23 AM
Shakopee, MN
Joined Aug 2004
151 Posts
Discussion
Guardian not being recognized

Bill,

I have one of the new guardian units and had not configured it yet. It was being recognized in ~9.86 firmware.

I updated to the newest firmware (9.93) and had trouble getting the firmware to update.

After trying a few things I was able to update the firmware but the Guardian unit is not being recognized. Looks I might have messed something up.
FYI- I do not see any LED status light on the Guardian.

What do think may be wrong?

Thanks,

Dan

PS: I opened a support ticket today 8-22-11.
Dan777 is offline Find More Posts by Dan777
Last edited by Dan777; Aug 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:40 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
Dan, does the Guardian show up under the "Firmware Control" page? If so, can you update it's firmware?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:10 PM
Shakopee, MN
Joined Aug 2004
151 Posts
Bill,

The guardian does not show up the firmware control page. 9.93 firmware

I have not tried the 9.94 update

Dan
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:30 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
Hi Dan,

We'll follow up with you via your ticket.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 31, 2011, 08:27 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
I have the same issue. Let me know what you find out. No ticket written up.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Sep 08, 2011, 10:57 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Agressive stabilization on takeoff

Any input on what to adjust here? Takeoff are very rough. The guardian doesn't like pitching that high on takeoff. Any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuFYElvrDc
Old Sep 09, 2011, 07:30 AM
Shakopee, MN
Joined Aug 2004
151 Posts
Tony

I have same issues so I done this:

Take off stabilization (switch off) till I am off the ground a bit. At the same time I put in some up elevator till I am off the ground. After I am airborne I dial down the elevator and switch on stabilization.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 09:04 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
In the radio menu I put the switch setup back to AUX1 and AUX2 but I can't turn off Guardain. I could a few days ago. I have been running it in 3pos/RTH mode. Maybe has something to do with that? Any ideas?
Old Sep 09, 2011, 09:12 AM
Shakopee, MN
Joined Aug 2004
151 Posts
I have my OSD configuration setup through the 3 position switch thru aux 1 input on OSD. I then have a separate switch for turning off the stabilization on and off
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:14 AM
Joined Jun 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Dan,

We'll follow up with you via your ticket.
Hey billpa!

Recently I bought the Guardian and then I realized that I wasnt using the latest firmware version on my system (osd and logger)

I installed the latest software (the beta version)yesterday on my computer and updated some stuff with the firmware control, but the firmware control shows a message like the guardian was disconected so couldnt update it (the guardian). On the eagletree menu the guardian gains and all the guardian stuff shows up, so it is connected so...???? whats wrong? is that guardian update a must do?

Should I continue setting up without the guardian update? Will it work fine that way?

Please Let me know,

Thanks,

Oscar
Oscar J is offline Find More Posts by Oscar J
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar J View Post
Hey billpa!

Recently I bought the Guardian and then I realized that I wasnt using the latest firmware version on my system (osd and logger)

I installed the latest software (the beta version)yesterday on my computer and updated some stuff with the firmware control, but the firmware control shows a message like the guardian was disconected so couldnt update it (the guardian). On the eagletree menu the guardian gains and all the guardian stuff shows up, so it is connected so...???? whats wrong? is that guardian update a must do?

Should I continue setting up without the guardian update? Will it work fine that way?

Please Let me know,

Thanks,

Oscar
Sorry, I placed the guardian plug on the gps not in the osd in on the logger.

Now it let me made the firmware update... Now I have to work on settings...
Thanks anyway
Oscar J is offline Find More Posts by Oscar J
Old Nov 03, 2011, 11:52 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3 Posts
Greetings all, I have a couple of weeks I'm trying to run the guardian, is supposed to activate the stabilizer I have to turn on and off with the AUX2, but nothing happens.
I have a Futaba 6EX radio and EPP-FPV plane hobbyking.
I have already moved to the configuration without any result, I'm stuck and I'm disgusted with the guardian.
I'm not doing wrong.
I hope your help.
Thanks ..
JOLUGOC is offline Find More Posts by JOLUGOC
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:04 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
Jolugoc, sorry for the issue. Would you be able to post your OSD Pro config file (.TXT) to this thread? Then we can see the settings and figure out your issue.
Site Sponsor