SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:40 AM
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
Build Log
Heng Long Tiger I and M26-1 Pershing Snow Leopard

tank newbie wanna be with two 1/16 Heng Long Tanks Tiger I and the M26-1 Pershing Snow Leopard with a third on the way the M41A Walker Bulldog...

after the first battery run the M26 started acting funny almost like a weak battery then just broke down...

the purchase agreement states that once accessories were added to the tank no returns...

so i waited, had no accessories added when the tank went down so i had to make a command decision to either crack it open on my own or deal with customer service....

plan A = DIY and sure enough the main black wire had a weak solder point and broke free....

so i put it back on...

haha and it broke again!!!!

Pershing M26 Snow Lepoard (3 min 3 sec)

the air soft option is cool but looking into adding the DBU/DBC for the IR once i start the install i will follow with pics...
scrooem is offline Find More Posts by scrooem
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:20 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Taking a close look at the last picture, it looks like you are trying to solder the black ground wire to the chassis of the power switch. Here is a tip to prevent confusion on puting the wrong wires on the power switch. Remove the battery negative from the switch, Black wire coming from the battery. and remove the negative wire black from the RX-18 board and solder those 2 together, and cover with heat shrink tubbing or at least electrical tape. There should only be 2 wires going to the power switch, the two hot wires, and cutting those two with the switch, turns the power on/off

The Blitz
Blitzkrieg65 is offline Find More Posts by Blitzkrieg65
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:52 PM
the right to remain silent
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
I had the cover off of my Heng Long Panther when I read your question and decided to snap a picture of my switch wiring.
I believe yours should be the same.
Caveman_Don is offline Find More Posts by Caveman_Don
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:50 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
80 Posts
that switch looks correct as far as the wiring goes. I believe the first red wire is the off and the second is the on. I had to re solder mine as they were shorting out, almost burned the tank down lol.
FreakyDude is offline Find More Posts by FreakyDude
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:46 PM
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman_Don View Post
I had the cover off of my Heng Long Panther when I read your question and decided to snap a picture of my switch wiring.
I believe yours should be the same.
yeah thats what it looks like. both black wires were together just a crappy soldering job from the factory so when i just heated it up and put it back it failed again

so i cleaned the wire off and used flux solder and its holding now

just put them away after an airsoft battle with my son

what we did notice is that the tiger front wheels keep coming off threw some loctite on the screws this time and that the tiger is much faster than the snow leopard....
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:49 PM
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
understanding the wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg65 View Post
Taking a close look at the last picture, it looks like you are trying to solder the black ground wire to the chassis of the power switch. Here is a tip to prevent confusion on puting the wrong wires on the power switch. Remove the battery negative from the switch, Black wire coming from the battery. and remove the negative wire black from the RX-18 board and solder those 2 together, and cover with heat shrink tubbing or at least electrical tape. There should only be 2 wires going to the power switch, the two hot wires, and cutting those two with the switch, turns the power on/off

The Blitz
thanks blitz looking at the wiring again the two black wires come from different boards i removed the board directly over the chassis on off switch and thats where the solder looked broken off and matched up. but i like your idea it makes sense...
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:52 PM
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
Good deal
Right now I ripped out the factory electronics in mine and am going with a dual ESC setup. I'm sure it's just the start of many more mods to come
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:53 PM
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
Adding the IR to the tanks

just wondering when adding the IR to the tanks is there a specific way the sensors need to be done to compete or do you just get them in where you can?
Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:10 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
that sounds like a good idea on the dual speed controls but can you tell me how to wire them up to one reciver I have thought about it but not sure on how its done. . ONE more will one battery that comes with the pershing work for with a set of dual recivers? I am not sure on how to do it and could use some advice. Another one what would be a good set of speed controls to use. FOR I want to set my tank up to my speckrum radio. THE OLD Dx 6 not the new one the older one with the orange buttons Thank you DON
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:14 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
O ya that is including the batter conecton and reciver. FOR got to add in the battery question Thank you again DON THE Rustbucket
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
There's a little magic to hooking up two esc's to a reciever.... you need to remove the center (+) wire from one of the esc's receiver plug.
Since most esc's have a BEC built in (Battery Eliminator Circuit) removing the plus wire to the receiver saves the receiver and esc's from adding to your tanks smoke system (even if it doesn't have one)
I wanted to control my drive system with a single joystick saving the ether sticks for turret control. To do this I utilized the "mix" function on my radio, what the "mix" usually refers to is "V-Tail mixing" (an airplane thing). It's kind of involved explaining what that is all about but it makes channels 1 and 2 work perfectly together to control a tank with one stick.
I have a dirty little secret when it comes to "cheap but good" esc's.... rc rock crawler replacement parts!!! I found an esc on hobbypartz for an 1/8 mad something or other for $15. No specs on it at all but it powers two 540 motors at the same time with foreword and reverse.... I'll get a pic up later
As far as the battery goes.... no problem connecting the esc's to one power source, I'm still using the stock pack.

Hope that helps (for now)
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:26 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
OK Don That gives me a start. I am allso an rc scale ship builder and also Race 1.10 th rc assocated buggies. So I do understand on what your saying. So what brand is this speed controll your talking about. TELL ME MORE for I have never done something like this by useing a set of duals Speed controlls So how do set them to run off of one battery. YES more questions will be coming thanks DON THE Rustbucket
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:27 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
O for got everything i do is electric no gas sorry for got to make that clear.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:01 PM
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
No offense intended Rustbucket (love that name) I am also addicted to land, sea and air anything
Here are my mounted Hobbypartz esc's in my rescued Heng Long Panther basket case.
I will work on some kind of graphics for wiring the esc's for all who may need to reference.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 05:23 PM
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
Clear as mud?