SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:18 PM
United States, SC, Spartanburg
Joined Feb 2011
186 Posts
Discussion
Will they ever come out with this plane??

hey guys, over the past few years companies like extreme flight and 3d hobby shop have produced some great 3d planes in the 45 to 60" range. but what i would like to see is one of them produce an yak 55 M version. over the past few years i have come to really like the yak 55m. i know electifly has an yak 55m i a 50" size but from what i understand it isn't a great 3ding plane. extreme flight and 3d hobby shop are known for putting out great, light weight electric planes that 3d great. does anyone know if maybe one of them is coming out with a yak55m or of a copmany out there putting out a yak 55m that will 3des great? i'm guessing there is probaly a company out there putting out an yak 55m in the 45 to 60" range but one thats here in the states or is easy to get in the states.
thanks so much for any help
Mikey
madmikeyreturns is offline Find More Posts by madmikeyreturns
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:25 PM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
something like this ?

3D Hobbyshop AJ Yak (6 min 35 sec)
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
186 Posts
thats AWESOME!!!!!!!! i had heard something about AJ flying and yak 55m fromt hem but couldn't really find out for sure. any ideas about a release date?? i was at SEFF a few years ago when he had the first Slicks and fell in love with them but never really got one, but i'm looking to get an electric of this size going. and knowing that he helped design it makes my mouth water even more cause after talking to him at SEFF that year i learned how much effort he puts into making a design fly right!!!
thanks for the reply and the video, now you got me wating even more!!!

Mikey
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:12 PM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeyreturns View Post
thats AWESOME!!!!!!!! i had heard something about AJ flying and yak 55m fromt hem but couldn't really find out for sure. any ideas about a release date?? i was at SEFF a few years ago when he had the first Slicks and fell in love with them but never really got one, but i'm looking to get an electric of this size going. and knowing that he helped design it makes my mouth water even more cause after talking to him at SEFF that year i learned how much effort he puts into making a design fly right!!!
thanks for the reply and the video, now you got me wating even more!!!

Mikey
I dont think there is a release date for it yet last think from ben was

'the development work is done but they have not been built yet' and he mentioned it should be soon back in may

i took the video last year at octoberfest in texas

you should get yourself a slick or two. I still have a 59 slick. just sold my 70 slick and also sold a 51 as well.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:58 PM
Pug Pilot
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2004
800 Posts
Get yourself a 3DHS 42" Slick while you wait for this Yak to be released. You won't regret it. I love mine and it flies more like my 47" planes. Most everyone is currently out, but a new shipment should be available in a month or two.

Espritmodel.com
Aero-model.com
ADCHobbystore.com
moxjett is offline Find More Posts by moxjett
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:29 AM
GPT
Sydney,Australia
Joined Dec 2004
1,592 Posts
Man the Yak55 is one ugly plane.
GPT is offline Find More Posts by GPT
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:44 AM
OCRCC @ MCAS El Toro
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined May 2008
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
Man, what's with the stupid gas noises during the video? It obviously an electric plane from the way it flies and responds. The audio track is both way off and very annoying!

I welcome it and wait for it with open check book! Bring it on 3DHS! I welcome it with open arms!
SamBones is offline Find More Posts by SamBones
Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:06 AM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBones View Post
Man, what's with the stupid gas noises during the video? It obviously an electric plane from the way it flies and responds. The audio track is both way off and very annoying!
way off ?

ever thought that at a flying field there are other planes around
Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:55 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
Quote:
way off ?

Ever thought that at a flying field there are other planes around
+1 roflmao but of course you and I were there.........
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:15 PM
Joined Feb 2011
186 Posts
at first i thought the yak 55m was not an good looking air frame, but over the past few years i have come to love it. when i forst saw the yak 55m i thought it wouldnt knife edge good but it knife edges great!!!! it really is a good airframe!!!

Mikey
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:46 AM
OCRCC @ MCAS El Toro
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined May 2008
406 Posts
Quote:
way off ?

ever thought that at a flying field there are other planes around
Nope! I never thought that.

It reminded me of the movie Airplane, where it was a jet airliner, but there was always the drone of propeller engines as the sound track.

SamBones is offline Find More Posts by SamBones
Old Aug 22, 2011, 01:46 AM
Joined May 2011
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBones View Post

I welcome it and wait for it with open check book! Bring it on 3DHS! I welcome it with open arms!
awesome plane and awesome flying, too bad I too can't filter out that noisy engine sound track.. wife came out from kids room and asked me to tune down the volume, WT...
JackRC is offline Find More Posts by JackRC