HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:24 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,280 Posts
I will be there. Did my online entry :-)
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:40 PM
Joined Oct 2006
288 Posts
Changes to the program schedule and some Notes

We have been making some changes and adjustments to the events schedule. Due to a technical glitch we can't edit the event flyer (which is posted on the HEF website). oops.

Keep in mind that we won't have set times when only certain types of models are allowed to fly, and we won't shut down flying when we do the traditional noontime demos unless something really unusual happens. Example, if we have a top-line 3D heli demo like last year we will all stop to watch in rapt amazement.

The ETOC event will be held in the evening, Friday night and Saturday night in the 3D flying area. By necessity, we'll have to stop 3D flying in that area during this event but everything else will be as normal. We don't have a nite fly planned - but we welcome planes with lights! If there are enough of you and you're nice to the CD, then yes we can consider turning the lights down for you.

IN ADDITION - we expect that the Hucksters will likely be having some kind of 3D smackdown or "huck-a-muck" or some other thing going on for their group at some point, they'll have a great time I'm sure.

Here's the UPDATED schedule of events at the 2011 HEF

Friday:

12 noon till 9 - Open Fly

7:00pm ETOC qualifier in 3D area

Saturday:

10am - Micro/ultra light carrier event

11am - 3D Freestyle

2:00pm Pylon Race (open class)

4:00pm Full-Contact Combat - cash prize - $5.00 entry

6:00pm Musical Airplanes

7:00pm ETOC Qualifier event in 3D area

8:00pm Micro/ultra light carrier event

Sunday:

10:00am 3D Fly Off - top 5

11:00am Warbird Pylon Racing, Sponsored by Rabid Models

12:00 noon Micro/ultra light carrier event

1:00 pm Full-Contact Combat - cash prize - $5.00 entry

In case you're wondering, there are some limits that apply in general and also for the combat and pylon events: 16oz max. model weight with battery, max. 1000mah 2 or 3 cell Lipo, "250" size motor (say about 100 watts), and exceptions must be approved by event CD. The micro event is for models like the Vapor, Champ, T28 Trojan etc., you get the idea.
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck
Last edited by themudduck; Nov 13, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:15 PM
Joined Oct 2006
288 Posts
Event rules update

In order to let everyone know what's expected, here are the basic rules for the event. Remember this is an AMA sanctioned event, so pilots must be AMA members and complete the registration paperwork at the event. If you are not an AMA member, you can join on the spot.

- RULES OF THE EVENT -
1. Have a great time!

2. Any aircraft with a motor larger than a "Speed 300" or equivalent will need to be approved by the contest director.

3. Maximum allowable helicopter size is 250 or equivalent

4. All aircraft must weigh under 16 ounces with battery. Exceptions must be approved by the event CD.

5. No liquids anywhere in the flying areas -Please use designated food area

6. Separate flying areas will be designated for "3D" , Micro and Heli flying.

7. All Lithium type batteries must be charged and stored in a "Fireproof Container with a Secure Lid". Containers will be will be available at a nominal fee at our vendors booth.

================================================== ===

FULL CONTACT COMBAT / PYLON RACING / WARBIRD PYLON RACE

Maximum battery size: 3cell Lipo, 1000mah
Maximum weight with battery: 16oz
No exceptions allowed

Pylon racing: Open class - Pilots will fly 6 laps around pylons in heats. More info at the event.
Combat: Open class - $5 entry fee, last plane flying takes the entire amount as 1st prize. Participants will be required to fly at 100% throttle after a certain time has elapsed, judged by the CD.
Warbird Pylon Race: Open to any warbird model - same rules as the regular Pylon race - we suggest using models of planes that have flown at the Reno Air Races. 1st prize is a fully built RTF XF5F Skyrocket model supplied by Rabid Models (you supply a 3-cell battery and receiver)
Last edited by themudduck; Nov 19, 2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 03:49 AM View Post
discountjerseys
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 05:31 PM
United States, OH, Eastlake
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
This should be a great one!

Wow by the feedback we are getting through emails here at Lazertoyz this should be a great show! I can't tell if it is the diversity or the venue size or the vendors, but they seem to be really excited! So for everyone coming stop by and say hi! and if you can't make it stay tune for videos and pictures we hope to post a lot!
] Diane
Lazertoyz
Diane@lazertoyz is offline Find More Posts by Diane@lazertoyz
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:52 PM
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Flying Tonight!

Flying Tonight at the Great- in geneva, Dan can get a feel for it since he hasn't flown there since last spring. times are from 8 pm until 10 pm I think
always fun to watch.
Diane
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:43 PM
Joined Oct 2006
288 Posts
Giant planes are coming

Steve and I will have a foam air-force at this Event - Three 8-foot B17's, and an 8-foot Lancaster with Tallboy bomb, and a customer is bringing a B17 and a B29 - that is a total of SIX 4-engined giant-scale bombers. Hopefully - someone will notice this, even though the flying area is pretty big.

Stephen and Peter Sripol (Foam and Tape, aka the "Cargo Crew") and friends are coming - they are planning on bringing a few large planes of their own and their FLYING AIRCRAFT CARRIER along with half of the foam in Ohio, if they can manage to fit all their stuff in the car. With these big planes, it can be a real challenge... I expect that they may just strap it all to the roof and fly in.
Last edited by themudduck; Nov 25, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:39 AM
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
just a week away! who is coming? let us know- and what are you bringing to fly?
Diane
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:40 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
I might come Saturday just to spectate.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:50 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
Looks like I may have to miss this event. I'm going to have to work!
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:32 PM
Joined Oct 2006
288 Posts
sick day! <Koff Koff Koff>

It's a long drive from NJ, man - it's not gonna be worth it unless you can stay a few days.
I hope that you can come next time, we plan to do it again next year!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:25 AM
Mr. Foam, Tape, and Carbon
Joined Feb 2011
292 Posts
I am excited for this indoor flying event! I will have two brand new fresh from my head self designed foamies and one that has already proven its worth. I can't wait!
I was there last year but just as a spectator and never got to fly, this year I am excited and ready to rip up the indoor sky with intense prop rip of a 55watt brushless motor. It should be great! I hope to see some friends there too!

Chris G.~
RCvehicleGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCvehicleGuy
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:10 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,027 Posts
I expect to roll in Fri afternoon. Is it still correct that tables and electricity will be provided?

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:13 PM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Aug 2010
190 Posts
Air Hobby will be there

Air Hobby will be comming to the event and hopefully we will haw our new website up and running by the time HEF starts.

Of course there are show speacials
Air Hobby RC is offline Find More Posts by Air Hobby RC
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:57 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
I expect to roll in Fri afternoon. Is it still correct that tables and electricity will be provided?
Azarr
That is how it was last year, tables in the flight area and power strips.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member