Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:50 PM
Joined Nov 2005
484 Posts
Discussion
Quadshot - new take on a multirotor

Not sure how many of you have seen whats been going on over at http://thequadshot.com/

But I had to post all the contact information for the project. These guys are doing some amazing things, and allowing people to get in on their product at what I believe are amazing prices.

They have a KickStarter page that is already fully funded, a full month ahead of schedule. You can take a look here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lis-and-planes

They just posted a new Episode to their blog that shows some of the extra crazy stuff these airframes are going to be capable of.
Quadshot - Episode 4 (5 min 15 sec)

Just so its clear, I am not affiliated with the project at all, other than as a backer on the Kickstarter. I do however know a few guys on the team and just can't wait to see what they come up with.

I hope to use this thread as a way to document my build and experiences when I get my QuadShot airframes!
AntonK is offline Find More Posts by AntonK
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:51 PM
Joined Nov 2005
484 Posts
Saved
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:53 PM
Joined Nov 2005
484 Posts
Saved2
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:54 PM
Joined Nov 2005
484 Posts
Saved3
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:00 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
I don't know. I have seen way more crazy stuff with 3D stunt planes. So what is the advantage of this quad thing besides a lot more complexity?
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:38 PM
Joined Nov 2005
484 Posts
well, its VTOL, it flies like a plane, and it has some decent camera stability and carrying capacity. I can do all the trick stuff with this, and the attitude estimator will keep me airborne. With a 3D stunt plane... I would crash!

AJ
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:12 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonK View Post
well, its VTOL, it flies like a plane, and it has some decent camera stability and carrying capacity. I can do all the trick stuff with this, and the attitude estimator will keep me airborne. With a 3D stunt plane... I would crash!

AJ
LOL, ok so basically it is easier to fly than a 3D plane and has more payload. The payload is what I will be most interested in.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Sep 06, 2011, 09:16 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
384 Posts
I'm still really surprised that this board isn't going nuts over this. I tried to start a thread a few weeks ago and got nothing. I'm glad to see there are a few interested people here. I was hoping they would have a plug and play version. I contacted them and they said they are considering it.
I would be mostly interested in this as an FPV platform. The tricky part I haven't figured out yet is the camera change mechanism from vertical to horizontal flight. It would also be nice to see a larger wing version for efficiency while flying level.
This seems like it could really be a game changer, particularly with the flight stabilization. Combine it with an auto-land default and my 5 year old could fly it. If I had the money, I'd get in now, but I'll have to wait for better days.
SquireM is offline Find More Posts by SquireM
Last edited by SquireM; Sep 06, 2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 26, 2013, 08:21 AM
Shut The Hell Up!!!
Joined Mar 2013
85 Posts
FliteTest did a really good review of the Quadshot recently. Here's the link:

http://flitetest.com/articles/Quadshot
Walter57 is offline Find More Posts by Walter57