HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:50 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
There are two kinds of pilots

Hi,
In the horse riding community we say that there are two types of riders, those who will tell you about the times they came off the horse, and liars.

The same applies to RC flying, anyone who flies will crash at some point.
Anyone who claims he never crashed a plane either never flew one or...

I fly at an RC club and have seen more crashes happening to very experienced pilots than to novices. many of these are from over confidence, neglecting to do basic things like a pre-flight, only to discover that they never plugged the ailerons (I've seen this happen to 3 pilots) once the airplane is in the air....

The point is that we need not take it to heart. fix the plane, learn rom your mistakes and never forget to have fun

Foam planes are simply great for learning to fly. very forgiving and easy to repair.
they may not look like much once they are well used and repaired, but they fly great.

Brgds,

Danny
Danny_l is offline Find More Posts by Danny_l
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:38 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_l View Post
Hi,
In the horse riding community we say that there are two types of riders, those who will tell you about the times they came off the horse, and liars.

I fly at an RC club and have seen more crashes happening to very experienced pilots than to novices. many of these are from over confidence, neglecting to do basic things like a pre-flight, only to discover that they never plugged the ailerons (I've seen this happen to 3 pilots) once the airplane is in the air....

The point is that we need not take it to heart. fix the plane, learn rom your mistakes and never forget to have fun

Foam planes are simply great for learning to fly. very forgiving and easy to repair.
they may not look like much once they are well used and repaired, but they fly great.

Brgds,

Danny
+10 !

Oh, and lets add to the list.....Do not take your eyes off your model during flight and especially when you deploy whatever you are planning to DROP from the Drop compartment! Let someone else to give you status of where the items are coming down 'or' best video record / take pictures of the items being let go.

Happy Landings!
Carlos
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
Hi Carlos,
your are 200% correct (I did mention this a while back).
the first set of dents on my Sensei came after I took my eyes off it for a brief (yet too long) moment the first time we dropped a parachute with my son.

I hope you have good weather over the easter weekend. my son and I are planning to fly on Friday and Monday

Have fun,

Danny
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:59 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,462 Posts
Quote:
Hi Carlos,
your are 200% correct (I did mention this a while back).
the first set of dents on my Sensei came after I took my eyes off it for a brief (yet too long) moment the first time we dropped a parachute with my son.

I hope you have good weather over the easter weekend. my son and I are planning to fly on Friday and Monday

Have fun,

Danny
Danny,

Yes, we are! Nothing over 79 Degrees F. Wind Gods (recall I still have the STOCK Power System) will be nice to us so, I may sneak out and fly my SENSEI before Easter Sunday!

I believe we both mentioned the recommendation of not to take off our eyes from our model. Yours got some dents but, mine when in the large lake adjacent to our RC Club!!

Happy Landings and Happy Easter!
Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:15 AM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2011
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykon View Post
LCM -
Your pictures warm my heart. My plane doesn't look near as rough, but it did get scuffed up a bit, aside from the breakage, in the last crash. I decided to just leave the dirt devils too. Figure I'll feel a bit better should I crash it again. After all, this is my trainer and I'm learning to fly with it, so trying to keep it pristine looking is probably a losing battle I shouldn't fight.

Thanks for posting those pics.
I'm glad you liked them. I am re-entering this hobby after a long hiatus. I now have a couple of other planes that are faring MUCH better than the Sensei because of the lessons I have learned with the Sensei. I took it out yesterday because it was really windy and I wanted to fly. It does great in the wind and I mean honestly, how could it look any worse if I crashed it again? LOL

I just wanted to post those pics as a testament to its strength and repairability.
lcm1977 is offline Find More Posts by lcm1977
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
Carlos,
the only reason mine survived with dents is that a nearby tree was generous enough to catch it with the soft branches on the high side

Otherwise it would have impacted nose first

Have a great weekend.

Danny
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:40 AM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
692 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

The point is that we need not take it to heart. fix the plane, learn from your mistakes and never forget to have fun

Brgds,

Danny
+1

The only thing I would add is to have a routine. One you constantly and without fail follow. Assembling the plane, checking it out. Testing your battery voltages before and after flight, etc. etc.

One thing I always do, is when I get home, I always plug in the transmitter to charge the battery. This ensures that you always have a charged transmitter, and that you did not leave it turned on, and that you remembered to take it home with you!

Nick
nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VQ Models T-34 Mentor 61.4"...
Old Apr 05, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Very happy
What's the current draw between the stock prop and the parkzone?
toppnotch is offline Find More Posts by toppnotch
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:47 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toppnotch View Post
What's the current draw between the stock prop and the parkzone?
Please visit this post right here in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=135

I mistakenly posted a 9.75 X 7.5 which I meant to type 9.5 X 7.5
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
We tried the 9.5x7.5 prop this morning. the plane flies nicely with it, it will stay on as of now.

Brgds,
Danny
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:26 AM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
I use 10 x 7. I find its got lots of power to spare, and it doesn't draw much.
Kawi is offline Find More Posts by Kawi
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
Hi Kawi,
I have a 10x7, but it is currently mounted on my PZ T28.
What ESC do you have, is it stock?

Thanks,
Danny
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:54 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
No I have an eflite 30 amp. The stock burned when the motor burned. I think I measured it at max draw of 22. I posted it somewhere in this thread.
Kawi is offline Find More Posts by Kawi
Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Dec 2011
30 Posts
Turnigy G15 950kV (34A cont., 42A for 15sec) and a HK 40A BlueSeries ESC (60A for 10sec) w/Zippy 2200 25C 3S1P

APC 10x7E 35A
APC 11x7E 43A (brief)
APC 12x6E 46A (exceedingly brief)

I've been flying the 11x7, but I'm going to swing the 10x7 if this wind ever dies down.
ChoppedHam is offline Find More Posts by ChoppedHam
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:36 AM
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
Hi Kawi, many thanks for the Tip.

Just got back from the flying field,
we put the 10x7 instead of the 9.5x7.5 propeller... WOW! the Sensei turns into a home-sick angel

Flight duration was kept to 8 minutes, mostly at 65% throttle. After landing the batteries still had 40 - 45% charge in them.

my boy did 9 take-offs today, getting better each time.

Hope you all had a great weekend too..

Brgds,

Danny
Last edited by Danny_l; Apr 09, 2012 at 08:18 AM.