Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:47 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,643 Posts
I was a little concerned about the SF prop. They do draw considerably more current than a standard prop and the stock setup showed about 23 amps as I recall. The ESC is rated for 30A so be careful!

Anxious to see the video of the drop in action!
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:49 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,921 Posts
Yes, I am sticking with the "E" Props!

You betcha!! Around 7:00pm I hope!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:56 PM
dbc
Joined Apr 2008
1,643 Posts
You might try the 11x5.5E. I used it briefly and it does provide more thrust but not more speed. Calculated pitch speed was about the same as stock 10x5 but thrust went up about 10% with about 26 amps draw.

OR a 10x7E would surely give more pitch speed if it didn't overdraw the system.

OR you could decide what I did and just leave it stock!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:59 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,921 Posts
David,

Right now it has the STOCK 10 X 5 Propeller and it looks very similar to the APC "E" propeller of the same diameter and pitch speed.

It looks like I got the Spinner just right so, I will just keep it with the STOCK setup.

Thanks for the information, however.

Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:06 PM
dbc
Joined Apr 2008
1,643 Posts
Good choice.

Dont fix it if it ain't broke!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:14 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,921 Posts
Flights #3 & #4

Hi guys!

Here is the Video of my fight count #3 & #4 and the later finally has some success of the party streamer to deploy.

The Setup: (Both Flights)
Stock Motor /ESC
Stock Servos and linkages
Receiver: Castle Creations BERG 7-Channel DSP 72Mhz Super Narrow Band
Battery: Turnigy / Zippy 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 25C discharge, Li-POLYs
Other: EC3 -to- Ultra Deans Connector
Propeller Used: STOCK 10 X 5

Fly Zone Sensei Rx-R 3rd and 4th Flights 08-25-2011.wmv (5 min 32 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:13 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,921 Posts
Streamer packing!

Hi there again!

Just two pictures showing the position of the streamer and like to point out what my buddy "Gerry" showed me that the manner in which I was packing my Streamer was not the best method because it was just too lose and would get caught in the wire or control horn of the Drop Door servo.

He told me to roll the streamer starting from the lose end (tail) and continue to roll it until you reach the weight device of your choice (in my case it was a small bedrock like rock). This manner it would exit much cleaner and the entire streamer will unfold very quickly and it certainly did according to the most recent video!

Therefore, do not pack any Streamer like this!

RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:52 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
611 Posts
how durable is this plane? ive been flying a pz cub, i would like to move up, i bought a epp Cessna but it has some issues, the body is warped, so im looking to get something else i can upgrade to. does this have a brushless system,? looks like it uses the older FM radios?
Hot_Wheels is online now Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels
Old Aug 27, 2011, 05:20 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
how durable is this plane? ive been flying a pz cub, i would like to move up, i bought a epp Cessna but it has some issues, the body is warped, so im looking to get something else i can upgrade to. does this have a brushless system,? looks like it uses the older FM radios?
Right before the 2nd flight (no Video Capture) during which I came back to the RC Club early evening this past week and to change out the Propeller back to the STOCK 10 X 5.

I left the model unattended on top of one high Table / Bench and the wind blew the model off the table before I had an opportunity to attach the wing assembly to the FUSE but, the Aileron connections were made. So, the entire model fell about 5 1/2 feet off the table without any damage. The FUSE fell nose first and not even the STOCK propeller broke! NO DAMAGE!

The Wing assembly is very thick and very stiff unlike other models and it has a robust spar assembly.

You been flying a Park Zone Cub? Do you happen to mean the Park Zone "micro" J3 Cub??? Or do you mean the HOBBY ZONE Super Cub???

If you want a 2.4Giga Spectrum Technology then FLY ZONE does sell a version that comes with everything included.

Go back and check out FLY ZONE's web site, they clearly show both!
http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...535/index.html

There is nothing wrong with using 72Mhz Super Narrow Band as no one is on the band because almost everyone is on 2.4G.

Best wishes,
Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2011, 05:48 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,921 Posts
Rx-R = Receiver Ready

Okay,

I bought the Rx-R which means it is Receiver Ready thereby, this particular model did not come with a Receiver and this is the way I like it as I have lots of 72Mhz Frequency Modulation (FM) Super Narrow Band and most importantly DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Receivers by Castle Creations 'BERG' series and they are the best in FM 72MHz before 2.4G Spectrum came around.

Your choice and FLY ZONE allows for this.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:06 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,921 Posts
5th and 6th Flights over Oviedo Model Club Corp!

Took my new Fly Zone Sensei Rx-R to my Central Florida RC Club for the first time and I got outstanding comments from those Club members there. They liked how the Aileron Servos and Push Wires were concealed and protected. They also liked the Plywood mounting hardware for all servos.

Of course they Loved how it flew! Did the Streamer Trick and I was able to pin point the wind direction perfectly and it landed right on the Gravel Runway run made of recycled concrete product.

The model flew for two (2) wonderful flights and I was able to glide her in for a landing adjacent to a large pond next to the runway.

Carlos

This RC Club is NOT for the Weak Knee type!

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Aug 27, 2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:16 AM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
611 Posts
I am flying the micro cub, I started off with helicopters, fixed pitch and now cp, my buddy suggested i try planes to better help my helicopter skills, would this be a good step up? I tried a pz micro f4u, there was no control there for me! i freaked out!
Hot_Wheels is online now Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:41 AM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
894 Posts
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Aug 27, 2011, 02:22 PM
dbc
Joined Apr 2008
1,643 Posts
I fly both planes and helicopters but I'm not sure that flying planes will really increase you helicopter skills. They are only vaguely related and certainly don't fly similarly.

Others may disagree, but I don't think "micro" planes offer good training for larger aircraft. Other than some basic orientation skills that are better learned on a simulator, the micro's are so limited that you nearly have to relearn when you move to a larger plane.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 05:58 PM
Joined Oct 2010
11 Posts
I finally got a successful flight in today. After the replacing the broken prop with a 10 x 5 E I asked a veteran pilot to help me out after a second unsuccessful take off. Once he got it trimmed out he let me know I needed a different prop because he had to keep it at full throttle to stay air borne because it didn't have enough thrust. So I put a 10 x 4.5 slow fly on it and was able to solo with no problems and it had plenty of thrust. This should be a great plane for me now....time to find something to drop from it....
JetBoater02 is offline Find More Posts by JetBoater02