HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:42 PM
United States, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Sep 2011
270 Posts
Converting the Sensei to floats for our club's yearly float fly in this weekend. I'll take pix and document the mods. Will be using stock mains for rear mount of float and fabbing an adapter to connect to nose wheel mount. For now, no rudder and the nose wheel adapter will allow for adjustment of float to plane angle of incidence. Planning on starting with about +1 degrees.
seattlebuoy is offline Find More Posts by seattlebuoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:30 PM
Canada, MB, Steinbach
Joined Jul 2011
92 Posts
Stock motor

There are 14 magnets in the stock motor. I have had 2 of these motors go on me this summer so now I switched to NTM 3530 1100KV and its still hangin in there. I think it is still under-powered but then it isn't a pylon racer.
zamjohn is offline Find More Posts by zamjohn
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:23 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
I just went to a 11x5.5 prop on my stock motor , but I fly prettly mildly nowadays. That 3530 x 1100 motor is a good one for many things at my place.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:44 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,275 Posts
--Eflight Power 15 works great with a 11x8 and 2200 3s pulling under 33 amps WOT

--Recommend 1/4 plywood firewall also-- just cut 1 inch of foam off the front and gorilla glue
G-Forse is online now Find More Posts by G-Forse
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Nov 2011
340 Posts
Great customer support Hobbico!

Kudos to Flyzone/ Hobbico on their exceptional customer service.
Was flying my wife's Sensei showing her it could do more than just level circuits. Went inverted, battery hit the hatch and away it went (the hatch) to never never land. i wasnt about to go scouring the farm field to find it. I thought cant be more than $2 online. Was I surprised to find out you can onlt get it with a fuselage replacement to the tune of 60 something dollars!

Well i had to try, I called customer service to see if they could do anything. The rep on the phone went into the warehouse and found an extra and put it in the mail to me free of charge shipping included.

Now thats what I call customer service! Well done guys.

When it comes I will wire it to the inside so if in the future this happens again, I won't lose it.
Rangie5169 is offline Find More Posts by Rangie5169
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, CA, Santa Maria
Joined Sep 2006
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangie5169 View Post
Kudos to Flyzone/ Hobbico on their exceptional customer service.
Was flying my wife's Sensei showing her it could do more than just level circuits. Went inverted, battery hit the hatch and away it went (the hatch) to never never land. i wasnt about to go scouring the farm field to find it. I thought cant be more than $2 online. Was I surprised to find out you can onlt get it with a fuselage replacement to the tune of 60 something dollars!

Well i had to try, I called customer service to see if they could do anything. The rep on the phone went into the warehouse and found an extra and put it in the mail to me free of charge shipping included.

Now thats what I call customer service! Well done guys.

When it comes I will wire it to the inside so if in the future this happens again, I won't lose it.
I was surprised too when i ordered a wing set and it didnt come with the wing joiner (that got damaged in the crash) Called up and the technician sent me out a new one free of charge....called em back too thank em. They are really good about keeping our planes up in the air!
briguyy is offline Find More Posts by briguyy
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:38 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Jan 2006
192 Posts
I always tie my battery hatches with a string or strong thread. easy to do and saves grief.
touche is offline Find More Posts by touche
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:27 PM
United States, CA, Santa Maria
Joined Sep 2006
122 Posts
I just ordered a 40amp ESC from HobbyKing to go in the Sensei:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html
I was wondering does anyone know their shipping times from the international warehouse..i cant get an answer from them and they dont specify on their website.
Thanks,
-Briguyy
briguyy is offline Find More Posts by briguyy
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:32 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by touche View Post
I always tie my battery hatches with a string or strong thread. easy to do and saves grief.
I've never lost one , but That would also keep me from leaving it in my pocket or on the bench or grass.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:20 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briguyy View Post
I just ordered a 40amp ESC from HobbyKing to go in the Sensei:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html
I was wondering does anyone know their shipping times from the international warehouse..i cant get an answer from them and they dont specify on their website.
Thanks,
-Briguyy
as long as it isn't backordered, I usually get my stuff in a week.
Kawi is offline Find More Posts by Kawi
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:19 AM
I use EXPO and Senior Rates
United States, MI, Custer
Joined Jan 2010
272 Posts
Hi! Briguyy,

You probably will not get an answer frpm HK on shipping time based on discussions I have read on other threads. I have not ordered a lot of stuff from HK, mostly their FrSky Fasst receivers. My experience has been in the 3 to 4 week category on shipping time.

Now that Value Hobby carries the FrSky receivers I will buy from them at the slightly higher price. For other electronics I like to use HeadsUp RC. Prices will be slightly higher but all available in USA at $2 - $4 shipping.
Rightfly is offline Find More Posts by Rightfly
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:20 AM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Nov 2011
340 Posts
Whats the procedure for tightening up a loose nose gear? I have a lot of rotation both ways. Do i need to remove the nose of the fuselage?
Rangie5169 is offline Find More Posts by Rangie5169
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, NY, Champlain
Joined Jul 2012
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangie5169 View Post
Whats the procedure for tightening up a loose nose gear? I have a lot of rotation both ways. Do i need to remove the nose of the fuselage?
Check your rudder/nose wheel servo. The issue is probable there. To access the nose wheel bracket you must remove the cowel and the motor mount. You then can access the 2 screws that retain the shaft.

Dennis
3rd Try is online now Find More Posts by 3rd Try
Last edited by 3rd Try; Sep 10, 2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:22 AM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
also tighten the little collar up against the wheel itself. I found no matter what I did I had a lot of rotation and after I tightened that I noticed a lot of slop went away. You may also be bending the long servo wire somewhere inside the cowl. If you stick a skewer in a strategic spot it will hold the wire tight against the wall of the plane and keep that wire moving tight and straight.

This of course assuming everything is tight and proper inside at the servo horn point.
Kawi is offline Find More Posts by Kawi
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Sep 2011
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi View Post
also tighten the little collar up against the wheel itself. I found no matter what I did I had a lot of rotation and after I tightened that I noticed a lot of slop went away. You may also be bending the long servo wire somewhere inside the cowl. If you stick a skewer in a strategic spot it will hold the wire tight against the wall of the plane and keep that wire moving tight and straight.

This of course assuming everything is tight and proper inside at the servo horn point.
I ended up changing out the horn for a dubro part and that solved all of my slop issues. The existing horn is pretty wimpy in terms of set screw. Rock solid after that part swap.
seattlebuoy is offline Find More Posts by seattlebuoy