HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by earlwb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 01:27 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,452 Posts
Discussion
Killed my old Low wing aerobatic plane

I managed to kill my old pattern plane that i had built way back circa 1991.
I had been flying it all this time since then. But I was doing some manuevers a little too close to the ground and I did a Split S and lacked about 6 inches of making it OK. but I have two more like it in the storage shed so I'll have one of its brothers going again shortly.

A picture of it before:

and of course afterwards, the wing is way back there in the backgorund, the horizonatal stab and other parts in between and the battery pack is where I stood to take the picture.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Low Wing plane
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:22 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,866 Posts
Bummer about the plane Earl. How did the engine fare?
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:41 AM
into the wild blue yonder
United States, OR, Dundee
Joined Dec 2010
615 Posts
rip
Barney Boy is offline Find More Posts by Barney Boy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Crabtree Park Dundee Or.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:41 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,452 Posts
Thanks guys

The engine appears to be fine. But I need to pull the drive washer off as it either slipped back slightly or the crankshaft did. If so I only need to heat it up good and reseat the crankshaft in that case. But otherwise the crankshaft appears to be straight and the engine turns over OK. So nothing looks amiss other than a slight rubbing feel when you rotate the crank.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Low Wing plane