HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:47 AM
Iver Heath, UK
Joined Mar 2005
284 Posts
Hackers official response to this is to purchase ver 2 package as ver 1 software and interface will not run on 64bit machines. I think we've pretty much proved here that ver 1 interface will not work with ver 2 software under 64bit.

Very poor customer service...
russ skinner is offline Find More Posts by russ skinner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:35 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,486 Posts
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Mar 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:26 AM
Iver Heath, UK
Joined Mar 2005
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post

If you have already purchased the programmer and are having trouble I will gladly share the solution that worked for me if you agree not to publish it. Small cost. The reason I don't want it published is I don't want to reward companies who treat their customers like unpaid employees...
Thanks for the offer. Do you think your it will work with the version 1 interface?
russ skinner is offline Find More Posts by russ skinner
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
....and another dissatisfied customer..

Hi FL62. Seems you might work for Hacker. Maybe you can help?

Just got this interface. My PC is running W7 in 64 bit. The "Help-English.doc" in the programme folder is in German. Please post the English version on your site

After plugging in the interface to a USB i/p there was briefly an on-screen message "USB device not recognised etc". The USB PCB show red LEDs. The software shows red graphics on USB and ESC.

Before I uninstalled and reinstalled the software there was an entry on the Device Mgr for Hacker with a yellow exclamation mark. This has gone now. There seems to be no other reference to the device.

I have rebooted the PC.

No drivers are found in the programme drivers folder. The Interface is connected via a servo extension to the X-40 SB Pro. I have connected the LiPo battery but no change.

I can't fly because the ESC does not save power for the TX when the battery is low.

Any help would be appreciated. I was told Hacker was the best gear you could buy but this seems poor service.
pfordcrush is offline Find More Posts by pfordcrush
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:32 PM
Average Joe 2 Semi-Pro n Back!
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Feb 2004
1,147 Posts
pfordcrush
I do not work for Hacker in Germany, however I do work for Aero-Model which is the North American Distributor for their products. Keep this in mind - this is not a forum monitored by the actual manufacturer!

The problem you are describing is from an improper driver being loaded for the USB programmer. I have posted a guide earlier in this thread (Post 20432496) to resolve this issue.

The conflicting device will be found under "Ports" in your device manager only when the cable and interface is plugged in. It will be listed as "Silicon Labs CP210X ..."

Please give us a call at Aero-Model at (480) 726-7519 ar shoot us an email at info@aero-model.com if you have any questions.

Thanks
Mike
FL62 is offline Find More Posts by FL62
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Jul 2004
151 Posts
Hi Mike,

I recieved my X-Pro Interface V2 today, running Windows 7 64 bit. Everything intalled fine.

Question though, is there a step by step process for updating the settings and firmware?

Thanks,
Raz
Chicago, IL
Razmo is offline Find More Posts by Razmo