Old Aug 19, 2011, 05:39 AM
Chopping board captain
United Kingdom, England, Lincs
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
Help!
Aerial video photography at Soapbox event

Hi Guys,

I've been following the forum for a few months now, reading a lot of useful information. At last I decided to register and now I am already asking for help... huge help from who of you is willing to help.

Sunday 11th September in Belchford, Lincolnshire, for the tenth year running there will be a soapbox race, and I have been asked again to make a video of the event.
Last year we had six cameras scattered along the track and interviewing the pilots. this year I wanted to do something different, build myself a multicopter attach to it a camera, and follow the race from the sky.
Unfortunately the plan had a flaw.... time.

I started on the project a few months ago, but I have got only as far as the frame parts and the controller board... and I realize that I will never complete the job in time with my current commitments. And here is where I need your help.

Is anybody willing to volunteer to be the eye in the sky for the day?

The event runs from 9am to 3.30pm, which means that plenty of batteries will be needed, although I can agree with the organizers to have a charging point.

All I ask from you is to have the unedited footage of the event so that I can use it for a video that will be put on Youtube and shared on the event's website.
I don't ask for the exclusive use, which means that you will be free to use your video as you like.

The bad news:
There whole work is done for free

The good news:
If you come from a distance, I am willing to host a tent or two in my garden, and a full English breakfast will be provided. Or alternatively you can pitch the tent with the racing teams, and join the pre-race party on the Saturday night.

Here is the official website of the event.
http://www.belchford.org.uk/Belchfor...ce%20Page.html

I am looking forward to a few answers
Daniele
elmesito is offline Find More Posts by elmesito
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2011, 04:13 AM
Chopping board captain
United Kingdom, England, Lincs
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
Uh, no one interested? :-(

I think I need to clarify, that I do not expect professional super HD footage. I will be more than happy with any quality, as long as you can distinguish the shades.

Daniele
elmesito is offline Find More Posts by elmesito
Old Sep 03, 2011, 07:13 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Maybe try posting here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1258125
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212