http://www.hobbycool.com/index.php?m...index&cPath=16
1stplane is offline Find More Posts by 1stplane
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Nov 2011
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight time View Post
I just received to of these RX's not to long ago I have done some testing on them and found them to bind fast and have about the same range as the real spektrum RX. I have not had one go bad yet.

http://www.targethobby.com/spectrum-...p-4162037.html
Just bought one for my 450 align. It spoon up today and then I had no control. I stood there looking at it at 80% throttle and decided to try and disconnect the battery when it flipped to the side. Got two nice cuts on two fingers now. Blood was everywhere. New blades/tail blades flybar and few scatches on canopy I got away lucky. I had the park flier rx.
The Valkman is online now Find More Posts by The Valkman
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkman View Post
Just bought one for my 450 align. It spoon up today and then I had no control. I stood there looking at it at 80% throttle and decided to try and disconnect the battery when it flipped to the side. Got two nice cuts on two fingers now. Blood was everywhere. New blades/tail blades flybar and few scatches on canopy I got away lucky. I had the park flier rx.
With the helis i think quick connect is a must, which these clones do not have that i am aware of. without quick connect it can take about 3 seconds to reconnect.... way to long with heli blades spinning.
been fone in planes though.
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Feb 03, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Nov 2011
376 Posts
Interesting...thanks
I have an original on my 600. So when I get it I will take both apart and take pics and post here. I will check also how long it takes to reconnect.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:43 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
2 of my AR6200 RXs I got before I found out they are counterfiet are loosing the binding randomly. I had to rebind once at the field last week.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:11 AM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
383 Posts
Hello

Got 4 today, all bind and all have about 150ft low power range check

Does anyone know which is the real antenna wires on these, not the dipole earthy end without me taking them apart to find out. I want to make sure that I get the remote wire pointing in the best direction (ie pointing towards ground) for the signal

Thanks

Ronnie
mallettron is offline Find More Posts by mallettron
Old Feb 07, 2012, 01:48 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron View Post
Hello

Got 4 today, all bind and all have about 150ft low power range check

Does anyone know which is the real antenna wires on these, not the dipole earthy end without me taking them apart to find out. I want to make sure that I get the remote wire pointing in the best direction (ie pointing towards ground) for the signal

Thanks

Ronnie
I don't get what you are stating. You orientate the antennas straight out and then offset them 90 degrees. Both ends of the antenna are functional. There is an antenna splitter component on the Rx. I tend to orientate one of them up/down and the other LEFT/RIGHT on the back of the aircraft so that if it's flying away from me, I get good reception to be able to turn it around.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:27 PM
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
383 Posts
Hi Thanks for the reply

I'm working on the assumption that the antennas on the RX and Sat are dipoles, ie one side is earth, the other side goes to the receiver circuitry. You would get the best reception from the non-earthy side being the one nearest to where the signal comes from (if you look at the AR500 you will notice one antenna longer than the other (it isn't really its just braided covered wire until it gets to the actual antenna). That needs to in the best position to receive the signal, the short antenna is just a counterpoise to help the efficiency of the antenna

Hope its a bit clearer
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:34 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron View Post
Hi Thanks for the reply

I'm working on the assumption that the antennas on the RX and Sat are dipoles, ie one side is earth, the other side goes to the receiver circuitry. You would get the best reception from the non-earthy side being the one nearest to where the signal comes from (if you look at the AR500 you will notice one antenna longer than the other (it isn't really its just braided covered wire until it gets to the actual antenna). That needs to in the best position to receive the signal, the short antenna is just a counterpoise to help the efficiency of the antenna

Hope its a bit clearer
No, it's not a dipole.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Nov 2011
376 Posts
I got mine and cannot tell the difference between this and my original.
Thats if it is fake! lol
I ranged checked the same as mallettron. 3 flights and no worries so far.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Do they ship from the U.S?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:36 AM
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
383 Posts
No they ship from HK/China

BTW Ive got a couple of their AR500s and they bind fine and work ok

They do the remote receivers as well which bind with the 6 channel Orange RX
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Nov 2011
376 Posts
I forgot to mention. After installing my elevator needed a lot of trim and a little on aileron. Enough to take the head off and re-align the swash.
I thought it was strange....
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:06 AM
Thailand, Bangkok, Wat Tha Phra
Joined May 2010
67 Posts
yea, I have one of that problem, after re power, it works well, other rx got no same problem
minihawk is offline Find More Posts by minihawk
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:49 AM
Joined Aug 2011
5 Posts
I am back to post a postive vote to this ar6200 dsm 2 receiver, still works on my helis.
helibugs is offline Find More Posts by helibugs