SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:47 PM
Joined Mar 2006
5 Posts
Discussion
Info on early 90's cheapo carpet mini carpet car

In the early 90's, a group of us purchased cheap indoor cars to race at the LKS. you used a full size servo with the ears cut off and it fit perfectly in the frame rail. It was direct drive, only 4 or 5 pieces of plastic put together in a "tab A to tab B" style with CA glue. The body was clear. solid axle. we cut the plastic body for a brass tube so the axle didnt wear the plastic out as it spinned. we used the old quarter sized speed controllers without reverse, and a 4 cell receiver pack to run the car. We ran 5 minute races and the most laps was the winner. It had the old Bo Link style front steering blocks with a small spring that was only held at the bottom. Nothing at the top of the steering block was connected to anything. The plastic for the body was thick and roughly made. The motor was a cheap can motor that bolted right through the side panel of the chassis.

Does anyone remember what these cars were?
iflyfoam is offline Find More Posts by iflyfoam
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:31 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
BoLink legends?

wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Sep 03, 2011, 04:51 PM
Joined Mar 2006
5 Posts
no, same type set up, but in 1/24 scale.
iflyfoam is offline Find More Posts by iflyfoam
Old Sep 03, 2011, 08:06 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
Are you sure it was 1/24 and not 1/18th? I remember a micro car like that, but for the life of me can't remember who made it.

I thought it was HPI, but they don't have any history of it on their site (even in the history section). I've tried googling all kinds of things but still haven't come up with it.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons