SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Mud Duck Bill, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:19 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,181 Posts
Well aren't you clever Chris but do you know which one?

Just a photo up date

Bill
Mud Duck Bill is offline Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:11 PM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Duck Bill View Post
Well aren't you clever Chris but do you know which one?

Just a photo up date

Bill
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the Kougar?
skydanz is offline Find More Posts by skydanz
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:09 AM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,181 Posts
And the winner is Don. Yes Don that was my second build and a little challenging for a beginner it being a shoulder wing the front hatch reminded me of this Panther. It was very acrobatic and fast a little too fast as my second plane for me just starting out and it met up with a sudden stop at a tree trunk.

Regards Bill

P.S. Wish I could find one again.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:21 AM
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Duck Bill View Post
And the winner is Don. Yes Don that was my second build and a little challenging for a beginner it being a shoulder wing the front hatch reminded me of this Panther. It was very acrobatic and fast a little too fast as my second plane for me just starting out and it met up with a sudden stop at a tree trunk.

Regards Bill

P.S. Wish I could find one again.
I think I have one still in the box in my attic! I'll have to look. It might be it's big brother, the King Kobra. They were great flying planes and very aerobatic (as long as the maneuver didn't end at a tree)
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:08 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,181 Posts
Well Fellas: Just have to install the receiver and ESC. Set the throws, charge a battery, and wait on the MAILMAN !!

If anyone sees and thing I missed Please Let Me Know.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:41 PM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,833 Posts
BILL, BILL, BILL!!!!!..WOW!!

I really like it..you have got to be pleased with your results?, yep..I can see that big proud grin from here!

Bloody fantastic mate

This time next week it will have taken to the air

Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Sep 20, 2011, 05:37 PM
Lakeland,FL
Joined Jan 2005
344 Posts
Panther

Lookin good there Bill.. I got mind framed up and doing a lot of sanding right now..
Where can a fellow find a Panther that goes on the rudder?
I did a search with no good results.

Looking at cowlings now too.

Jim
rcflyerfl is offline Find More Posts by rcflyerfl
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:13 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,181 Posts
Finished

I do believe I'm done, so stick me with a fork. Installed the radio and ESC threw in a battery ( and you know I had to go out side). I took a short video and it is up loading now will post when done. I had to cut it short because with all the standing water after the hurricane the Mosquitoes will carry you away. Had to use the largest tires I had for ground clearance so I don't think the spats will fit now but the photo shoot before was nice. All up weight minus the big blades is 4.5 lbs.

I am not sure if a motor size is posted in the plans but this is my set-up
2826/4 motor with a 60 amp ESC.
2600 3s1p lipo 11.1 55c
separate battery for receiver and it all fits under the hood !!

Up Load complete so enjoy Bill

008 (1 min 27 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:39 PM
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Wow! Looks great Bill I can't stand it when the brown truck drives right on by the house and I'm waiting for something. My driver knows me and that i'm usually waiting for airplane parts. When he drives by with nothong for me, he just raises his hands and yells sorry!

You'll never guess what I found in my attic! and it's still wrapped in plastic. Do you really wish you had another one?

DC
Last edited by skydanz; Sep 21, 2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: add Picture
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:30 PM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,715 Posts
Bill
I have to be honest with you ,when I say that I did not know the cowl was from a kougar.
As you were not quite sure of the recomended motor, I thought I would let you know what I am using for this model.
It's an Emax BL 281509 920KV turning a 12 X 6 APC (copy) through a 40 AMP S/Simple ESC with a seperate BEC with a 4000ma lipo,and I believe most of the time that I am using around half throttle.
Happy Landings
Chris...........
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:06 AM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,181 Posts
Name that cowl

Now ya know Don I though you were right in thinking that cowl was from the Kougar but after seeing that box I remembered it was from the Komander a shoulder wing.It had foam core sheeted wings with the landing gear set into the bottoms of each wing.And a nifty wing lock that reminded me of the front compartment of the Panther. That kit is nice and I do appreciate the thought but I will pass on this one, On the other hand I have BNIB a set of U S Air Core floats for I think a 40 to 60 size are you interested in them?

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:51 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,181 Posts
009 (2 min 14 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:25 PM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,833 Posts
Bill be patient
That is correct for the roll control, you are bang on. You will need to add left roll trim to get it to fly level with those blades fitted (quite a bit I would think).
The Panther blades are shorter and wider and the GF triangle is specific in its mount hole positions (different size to the RPG). This was to try and get the roll trimmed as level as possible.

But there is no reason why it shouldn't fly with those blades fitted.

Not long now, the wheels have left the ground..by this time next week

And I cant wait!!

Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:07 PM
autogyro andy
South UK
Joined Feb 2007
739 Posts
Hi Bill

She looks great I hope the flight goes well.

I use a bit of EXPO (neg -30) for roll control. This will help take the edge off the first flight nerves.

She does fly very well. The reason for the trim to the left with your blades is the GF plate is quite stiff. The GF plate that Rich uses its soft and therefore the trim is not needed.

If Rich needs to come to your home to help you get her flying he will have a nice grass area for the tent!

All the best

Regards
Andy
HandyAndy is offline Find More Posts by HandyAndy
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:31 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,181 Posts
I have another video but it was quite long and it stopped mid up load I will try again later but by that time Rich's blades will be here and I will be using them.
All advise taken under advisement and thanks, the weather for the next 5 days is Rain !!!I'll get there.

Bill
RCG Plus Member