HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mud Duck Bill, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 02:09 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,222 Posts
Ya I have decided I've decided it will be the last thing, I will glue the tailplane in place then build the deck over that and that will be the last thing to cover.

Bill
Mud Duck Bill is offline Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:29 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,222 Posts
Ok Fells I got so caught up in the out come of my covering job the boys and I stopped for a photo shoot. I am so pumped but I got to stop putting it together taking it apart and doing some then puttin it back together and taking pictures with the boys you must think I'm a child!!! WELL I'M NOT ( Ya right ) Someone has to be the comic relief, Joe does magic, I make em laugh. Next stop completion Maybe !!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:42 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,222 Posts
If I can serious for a moment every time I put this bird together I think this is a well thought out design and it is so tight and functional I hope I can do it Justice in the air. No wonder the designer received an award for his efforts, Thanks Rich I am proud to be building this one.

Bill

Yes Rich: please do post your video It will be a great addition and a good learning to fly tool. Is that camera girl Debbs? If so thank her for me will you.

Thanks Bill
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mud Duck Bill; Sep 16, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:58 PM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,881 Posts
Bill,
All I want is to get you into the air, if this doesn't work I will be coming over!!
The Panther is very stable, I am sure the other gents who have already flown it will agree with me on this one? Infact I would stick my neck out and say it is the easiest and most forgiving that I have flown (and that is not because it is one of mine).
It also seems to take off very much like a fixed wing with very little of the traditional left roll, the rudder is not too sensitive and it does some very nice turns.
My fingers are crossed for you on this one..if you get to grips with it it will be really good practice for your PCA-2.

OK, the video I made yesterday evening, filmed by my good friend Debs. I hope it is of some use to yourself and others and I'm sure Chris,Chas and Rich will be able to add other points.

Panther flight (8 min 25 sec)

Rich
SafeLandings is online now Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:55 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,222 Posts
SsssOOOOOO you are suppose to spin them counter clockwise No wounder I can't get in the air All kidding aside that was very informative thanks for the lesson, a great addition to the thread. I should be finished soon just have the turtle deck to build over the tailplane and cover add a radio and I am good to go. As all of you now know Rich has been kind enough to construct a set of blades for me we did a little bartering. Since this a build log I would like Rich to add his link from his build log on building a set of blades, from his Panther build thread so you all know how its done so come on and encourage him to post the link here Please !!

Thanks Rich, BILL
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2011, 04:01 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,222 Posts
Trip to mail box (0 min 57 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Dec 2007
4,881 Posts
LOL!!!....Just showed the family this video and we creased our selves laughing!!..Tooooooo funny!!

Thats a bit dangerous over there!..the cars are going up and down the roads on the wrong side..someone will get injured!

Sorry about earlier, my female computer was playing up!!!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 03:18 AM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,794 Posts
G'day Bill
Are you sure you gave Rich your correct address ????
I just checked my mail box a n d ........................

Your good friend
Chris
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:03 AM
Joined Dec 2007
4,881 Posts
LOL!!!....Damm I knew I had got something wrong!

A trip to the post office has been made this morning

A Trip To The Post Office!! (8 min 25 sec)
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:50 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,222 Posts
LOOKOUT MATE YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD !!!!Yes I think we are a crazy but we do have fun .. That made my day.

Later Mate Bill

Chris: your street is a lot quieter than my highway. LOL!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mud Duck Bill; Sep 17, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 04:05 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,222 Posts
THAT WAS FAST (1 min 19 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:40 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,794 Posts
G'day Bill
I have to agree with Rich about the ROG. With this model I have never found any tendency to pull & roll to the left on take off.The lift off the ground is very smooth even with me using a completely different blade set up. I must admit that I tend to keep hold of the TX pretty much all the time,(it's a safety kind of thing but you know what the Brit's are like)
Have fun & good luck.
Chris...........
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:52 AM
Joined Dec 2007
4,881 Posts
And me Chris..well most of the time, I was just trying to show that it is stable once trimmed.

Bill,
That last video is a classic!..LOL, I haven't laughed so much in ages wasn't expecting that at all!..LOL

Nice bike by the way

I did a loop with my Panther yesterday..it was only just though, a bit arse twitching when it got to the top and things go into to slow motion!. Off up the field for some more flying whilst you boys are fast off!

Rich
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:27 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,222 Posts
Not much to report did a little detail work on the rudder attached the tailplane and built the turtle deck and started to cover it. Now just the little stuff.

SOON SOON BILL
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:14 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,794 Posts
G'Day Bill
That looks great , That cowl looks very 'SIG ish" ??
Chris...............