SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:52 PM
Yorkshire, England
Joined Mar 2010
150 Posts
FPV Flight number 3, Stills & video

Here are some stills from a video I recorded this morning.
Taken whilst flying FPV in the fields near out house.
The video quality is poorer than normal due to the aspect changeing when I rotated the video thru 90 degrees.

Next time I will mount the camera on the nose to give you the view I get whilst flying.

Enjoy:

FPV_3.wmv (6 min 38 sec)

Home safe:

Redmist is offline Find More Posts by Redmist
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:40 PM
United Kingdom, Chesterton
Joined Oct 2010
78 Posts
Hi Redmist. Nice build log. I've also purchased the SS from BRC. I was wondering what did you glue the control horns with? I used some 30min epoxy but when I manually tried moving the servos one of the horns came unstuck. I guess the others will do the same with a bit of play...
toney is offline Find More Posts by toney
Old Sep 01, 2011, 02:13 PM
Yorkshire, England
Joined Mar 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toney View Post
Hi Redmist. Nice build log. I've also purchased the SS from BRC. I was wondering what did you glue the control horns with? I used some 30min epoxy but when I manually tried moving the servos one of the horns came unstuck. I guess the others will do the same with a bit of play...
Hi toney,
I used 5 min epoxy and lashed it all over the horn base so that it forms a wider bond around the horn not just under it!

I also wrapped the control wire around the brass screw things, I don't trust the small screws which grip into the wire. If the screw comes loose there will be still some control due to the wire still around the brass.

So far my review is pretty good for the Sky Surfer, make sure that the wings have good support for the carbon rod, I used lots of UHU por for those underside cover plates and then used white duct tape over that as well!

I didn't glue the wings together, I only used a ridge of hot glue where the wings meet the fuse on.

My total weight all up has been upto 1kg at its highest and it still flew great and no sign of any weakness.

Launch with full power and throw with some upwards attitude.
(I also programmed my gear switch on the RC tx to add in a little up elevator for launch, I can launch easily with my RC tx in left hand and TV round my neck!)
My CG is around 50mm back from wing front (Manual says 60mm I think)
Old Sep 01, 2011, 02:18 PM
Yorkshire, England
Joined Mar 2010
150 Posts
Here are my succesful FPV flights so far:
SpeetonFPV.wmv (2 min 47 sec)

FPV_3.wmv (6 min 38 sec)

FPV4 (9 min 15 sec)

FPV5 (3 min 35 sec)
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:41 PM
Yorkshire, England
Joined Mar 2010
150 Posts
FPV7 Flirting with Haystacks (14 min 45 sec)