HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
Can we get a video of a Scimitar hand launch?
I'll try to get it on Saturday.
ufale is offline Find More Posts by ufale
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:11 AM
Joined Jan 2007
10 Posts
Help!!!!

Hi Guys
I have just got a brand new Scimitar,(straight swap for a Sebart Mig29!!)
I have been trying to set it up on a Futaba T9 Super and couldnt get the VT to work without the ailerons or Elevators working at the same time so I flew it with out the VT and it flew on rails...hat is until I had a brown out and it flat spinned into the deck.
I have had this happen with a couple of other models. Speaking to other guys it could be something to do with the Spektrum 2.4 Module in the back of my Futaba Transmitter.
So I decided to get a brand new DX8....lovely!!
The problem I have, and I know it may be a really simple solution, but I still cant get the VT to work with the rudders. I have been into the mix progs and tried everything but the VT still works with the Ailerons and Elevators not the rudder..Can anybody help me out?
aliekwerx is offline Find More Posts by aliekwerx
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:30 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,287 Posts
Click here
DX8 downloads
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:53 AM
Joined Jan 2007
10 Posts
I have tried that and it still doesnt work with the rudders.
I have checked the connections...stil SNAFU...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliekwerx View Post
I have tried that and it still doesnt work with the rudders.
I have checked the connections...stil SNAFU...
Did you turn it on using the "mix/hold" switch?
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Jan 2007
10 Posts
No I didnt
I will try later
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:23 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,220 Posts
The Horizon Hobby DX8 download program for the Scimitar also has (for me) a weird mix that, when using only rudder to one side (can't remember which now), the plane rolls severely. I tuned off that mix. Didn't like it. I don't do spins with mine yet.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:29 AM
half-ass Astronaut
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufale View Post
Today, I reached the breaking point. I was so sick of pretending that this beast could actually land on a runway (like a civilized aircraft), that I just took the wheels off and hand-launched it. I was surprised at how easily it took to the air (at half throttle). Landings were a bit rough, but not as bad as the dragging and scraping that it suffered with each clumsy runway landing. it even flew much better without the wheels.
she will land just fine... you need to bleed off every single extra knot of airspeed... im talking about a hair above stall speed. It took me a few months and a few nose gear steering arm replacements to figure it out. but beleive me it is posible.
jdubg23 is offline Find More Posts by jdubg23
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:33 AM
half-ass Astronaut
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
and to expound on your post, this really shouldnt be considered a "civilized" aircraft. Quite the contrary, it is a high performance flying wing with features not found anywhere else. It isnt my fave, but it serves its purpose. It is an intermediate aircraft, not an eflite apprentice...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:37 AM
half-ass Astronaut
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef086 View Post
Try using a 4000mah battery rather then the 3200 they recommend. The extra weight seems to help a little.
hes right, the placement of the LGs make it "bouncy" even during taxi... this plane requires a very delicate touch. this is no beginner bird, and smooth runways are very helpful. at our field we have the landscaping material pulled taught over graded dirt, works great-less forgiving than asphalt and not permament....
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:18 AM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubg23 View Post
and to expound on your post, this really shouldnt be considered a "civilized" aircraft. Quite the contrary, it is a high performance flying wing with features not found anywhere else. It isnt my fave, but it serves its purpose. It is an intermediate aircraft, not an eflite apprentice...
There are some that might take issue with your "high performace" claim. However, I actually enjoy flying this plane. The landings are the part that I have the most trouble with. My Stryker is a much better performance plane, but it floats in like a dream.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:25 AM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubg23 View Post
she will land just fine... you need to bleed off every single extra knot of airspeed... im talking about a hair above stall speed. It took me a few months and a few nose gear steering arm replacements to figure it out. but beleive me it is posible.
I have well over 100 "landings" with this plane, and I have tried everything (except a heavier battery). With a very strong headwind, I might have a few of the landings that you describe, but most would just be a floppy mess. On most of my planes, I can stall them an inch off the ground. With this one, the stall speed and the cg seem to change with each flight.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:15 PM
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
611 Posts
Anyone need scimitar parts? I am willing to part mine out. Just let me know what you need. I will take pictures of any parts. Mine has 5 flights on it and is perfect shape. Hasn't flown in a few months. Tried to sell it as a whole but the deal fell through.
pylot2b is offline Find More Posts by pylot2b
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:18 AM
Flying High Again!
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Sep 2005
199 Posts
Carbon-Z Scimitar - - - LPU

Flown Once

Plane comes with stock up set up, spare prop and E-Flite RETRACTS!

I am asking $275.00 obo, local pick up in Huntington Beach, CA

Or trade for what? No Cars or Helis please. I primarily fly 3D airplanes

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1733176
Triptykon is offline Find More Posts by Triptykon
Last edited by Triptykon; Sep 18, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:18 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,287 Posts
No love for the Scimitar...

I took the plunge on the Scimitar and did it up with retracts. Flew it about 5 times and ran into a issue that put the thing on the shelf. I haven't had the need to order a new prop and collet. I am already bored with the thing. I fly 3D and see I'm not the only one thinking about pulling all the electronics out of it for a 3D plane. I wonder why so many of these end up for sale?
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr