HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:05 PM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Mar 2011
7 Posts
Wow!!!!

Well I thought I would post a vid of my Scimitar. Considering the only other plane I have flown is the Beast 3D AS3X I dont think I did to bad other than the HARD touch and go LOL!! THIS WING ROCKS!!!! Now I wish the stinking retracts would come in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cybpOyDop9w
t_austin is offline Find More Posts by t_austin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:35 PM
United Kingdom, Inverness
Joined Jul 2011
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pylot2b View Post
Funny how its basically cheaper to buy a PNP then buy a replacement airframe. Bought a scimitar and retracts yesterday and destroyed it today on the maiden. I was getting it trimmed out and it just violently rolled and augered into the ground!! Total loss!!

Still not sure what happened. Airspeed was not an issue. Anyone else had this issue? It was setup per the manual. I was on low rates.
Similar story to me, a maiden disaster! Trying to get her trimmed out and hit the deck hard. I put it down to pilot error, but it's possible something went wrong which contributed to the crash. I did find one of the elevon servo's had stripped gears, even though there was no damage to the control surfaces?
djc230266 is offline Find More Posts by djc230266
Old Jan 23, 2012, 04:21 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,260 Posts
Hmmm

I am glad I have been reading this forum on the Scimitar since I am going to buy one this week. So should I be replacing the elevon servos with Hitec HS 82MG ??
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,733 Posts
85MG could be a great option.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:48 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc230266 View Post
Similar story to me, a maiden disaster! Trying to get her trimmed out and hit the deck hard. I put it down to pilot error, but it's possible something went wrong which contributed to the crash. I did find one of the elevon servo's had stripped gears, even though there was no damage to the control surfaces?
When I unboxed my PNP all the control surfaces needed adjustment IE " one elevron was 2mm lower than the other one and the motor was not centered" if I had not noticed these things mine would most likley be a scrap pile of foam. maybe this is the issue alot of people are having. Just a thought
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:50 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,793 Posts
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:08 PM
Murfreesboro
Joined Jun 2009
284 Posts
A whole 2mm? That's crazy. If only transmitters had movable sticks, or even devices for trimming in flight.

Or you'd think eflite would put instructions in the manual on control surface centering. Oh would you look at that, right there on page 13, with pictures and everything.

Seriously, if 2mm was a death sentence for this model you need to be flying something a little more sedate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog1 View Post
When I unboxed my PNP all the control surfaces needed adjustment IE " one elevron was 2mm lower than the other one and the motor was not centered" if I had not noticed these things mine would most likley be a scrap pile of foam. maybe this is the issue alot of people are having. Just a thought
fishfingers is offline Find More Posts by fishfingers
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:51 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfingers View Post
you need to be flying something a little more sedate.
Yea maybe your right I guess I will go back to flying my 30% Extra and My Trex 700e 3g

Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,733 Posts
Nice pic.

That is an awesome plane.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:09 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
thanks is was my first BIG plane now all my big stuff is gas and small stuff electric.I would have made it electric but I wanted smoke
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:12 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
2,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc230266 View Post

Stripped? Did you take the case off & look? If not, I bet the gears themselves aren't stripped. There is something in the case that breakes that alows the gears to slip/ push apart from each other.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Jan 24, 2012, 06:09 PM
Pat M
Wolf Lake Alaska
Joined Feb 2006
59 Posts
The spinning top

Has anyone been able to preform the spinning top ie the very fast flat spin that is on the advertisement video ????
n411x is offline Find More Posts by n411x
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,765 Posts
I did it once. Haven't been able to repeat it.
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:32 PM
No meat = no pudding
Machesney Park, IL
Joined Jul 2008
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n411x View Post
Has anyone been able to preform the spinning top ie the very fast flat spin that is on the advertisement video ????
I heard it was just a camera trick produced by those same fellas that faked that whole "we put a man on the moon" thing back in '69.
brwilkins is offline Find More Posts by brwilkins
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:22 PM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n411x View Post
I tried it,not even close to the video!
Video looked cool!
Thats about it~!
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood