HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:57 PM
Fly Fast!
dbgood's Avatar
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog1 View Post
Nano tech 4000mah 5s 35-70c 9.75 prop
Hi,
how do you like the 5S,on your Scimitar?
Faster now?
DB
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
hotdog1's Avatar
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgood View Post
Hi,
how do you like the 5S,on your Scimitar?
Faster now?
DB
yes faster but less thrust to get out of those woops im too low in a flat spin moments

tommorow I'm going to switch the 9x75 for a 9x9 and see how many amps it pulls and what the flight preformance is
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
Fly Fast!
dbgood's Avatar
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog1 View Post
yes faster but less thrust to get out of those woops im too low in a flat spin moments

tommorow I'm going to switch the 9x75 for a 9x9 and see how many amps it pulls and what the flight preformance is
Yea im using also using a APC 12x8E,cut down and balanced
to a 9x8E,so the tips are alot wider then the APC 9x7.5E..
The 9X8E pulls alot more amps,and has alot more speed
and way more thrust.
The 9x8 E pulls static- 87 amps,and -1505 watts.
The 9x7.5 E pulls static- 70 amps,and -1277 watts.
Both on 5S !
hope this helps.
Dan
DB
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:03 PM
Fly Fast!
dbgood's Avatar
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog1 View Post
yes faster but less thrust to get out of those woops im too low in a flat spin moments

tommorow I'm going to switch the 9x75 for a 9x9 and see how many amps it pulls and what the flight preformance is
Can you let me know how many amps/watts the 9x9E pulls?
Also let me know what do you think of the performance ?
Im gonna order a APC 9x9E this week.
Thanks,
Dan
DB
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:26 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
hotdog1's Avatar
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgood View Post
Can you let me know how many amps/watts the 9x9E pulls?
Also let me know what do you think of the performance ?
Im gonna order a APC 9x9E this week.
Thanks,
Dan
DB
Just keep in mind I am running a cc100 amp esc not the stock 60amp
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:03 PM
Fly Fast!
dbgood's Avatar
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog1 View Post
Just keep in mind I am running a cc100 amp esc not the stock 60amp
I am also running a ICE 100 in mine also!
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:59 AM
got any foam to bash?
Tom Hunt's Avatar
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog1 View Post
yes faster but less thrust to get out of those woops im too low in a flat spin moments

tommorow I'm going to switch the 9x75 for a 9x9 and see how many amps it pulls and what the flight preformance is
The 9 x 9 will be even worse during recovery from the spin. props with a P/D ratio above .8 are partially to fully stalled statically..... spinning them around the wrong axis is gonna make it even worse!
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:14 AM
Registered User
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
640 Posts
Funny how its basically cheaper to buy a PNP then buy a replacement airframe. Bought a scimitar and retracts yesterday and destroyed it today on the maiden. I was getting it trimmed out and it just violently rolled and augered into the ground!! Total loss!!

Still not sure what happened. Airspeed was not an issue. Anyone else had this issue? It was setup per the manual. I was on low rates.
pylot2b is online now Find More Posts by pylot2b
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:50 PM
Registered User
GryphonRCU's Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,880 Posts
On any airplane I care about, I would never run any receiver below AR7000 and I would never rely on any ESC's internal BEC to feed juice to the receiver and servos.


......even on a 3 ch. model


Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:25 PM
Registered User
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
640 Posts
I am not sure if it was a BEC issue or not. Still in shock it happened. Probably not going to buy a replacement airframe anytime soon. Way to expensive to crash!!! I think I was due for a crash. I did email eflite about it. Not sure how you could tell if it was a BEC failure. The battery was ejected so I couldn't even tell if it was a brownout. Something wasn't right!
pylot2b is online now Find More Posts by pylot2b
Last edited by pylot2b; Jan 22, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:03 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pylot2b View Post
I am not sure if it was a BEC issue or not. Still in shock it happened. Probably not going to buy a replacement airframe anytime soon. Way to expensive to crash!!! I think I was due for a crash. I did email eflite about it. Not sure how you could tell if it was a BEC failure. The battery was ejected so I couldn't even tell if it was a brownout. Something wasn't right!
condolences dude
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:23 AM
Registered User
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
640 Posts
Thank you! I was able to salvage some happiness by ordering that eflite mustang which was my plan from the beginning! The scimitar was an impulse buy. Thought it would be a bigger and better stryker. Been an expensive weekend!!
pylot2b is online now Find More Posts by pylot2b
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:49 AM
Registered User
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,050 Posts
Yall remember what everyone was concerned about WAY before this thing hit the shore don't ya. If you do then you know what I'm about to say.

















The servos in the elevons plain SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't trust them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the servos in mine let loose. Yes, let loose. The metal gears just push apart from each other inside the case alowing them to slip. It's what caused my crash.

I was coming out of a loop & one servo let loose causing it to cork screwed as it pulled up. Then the elevon was WAY out of trim after that & I could not regain control & down she went. Trashed the fuse but all else is ok. Checked the elevons & both would slip just moving them up & down. With power on it didn't take much pressure to get the gears to slip.

You can actually move the top gear in & out a bit. Pulled out/ or just relaxed & the gears will slip. If you push down on the horn & cycle the gears they won't slip or maybe just a tad.
ColoradoHeliNut is online now Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:44 AM
half-ass Astronaut
jdubg23's Avatar
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
Yall remember what everyone was concerned about WAY before this thing hit the shore don't ya. If you do then you know what I'm about to say.

















The servos in the elevons plain SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't trust them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the servos in mine let loose. Yes, let loose. The metal gears just push apart from each other inside the case alowing them to slip. It's what caused my crash.

I was coming out of a loop & one servo let loose causing it to cork screwed as it pulled up. Then the elevon was WAY out of trim after that & I could not regain control & down she went. Trashed the fuse but all else is ok. Checked the elevons & both would slip just moving them up & down. With power on it didn't take much pressure to get the gears to slip.

You can actually move the top gear in & out a bit. Pulled out/ or just relaxed & the gears will slip. If you push down on the horn & cycle the gears they won't slip or maybe just a tad.
the servos are digital arent they? same as in carbon z yak, mine have been bulletproof....
jdubg23 is offline Find More Posts by jdubg23
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:47 AM
"Chuck Yeager"
hotdog1's Avatar
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
Yall remember what everyone was concerned about WAY before this thing hit the shore don't ya. If you do then you know what I'm about to say.

















The servos in the elevons plain SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't trust them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the servos in mine let loose. Yes, let loose. The metal gears just push apart from each other inside the case alowing them to slip. It's what caused my crash.

I was coming out of a loop & one servo let loose causing it to cork screwed as it pulled up. Then the elevon was WAY out of trim after that & I could not regain control & down she went. Trashed the fuse but all else is ok. Checked the elevons & both would slip just moving them up & down. With power on it didn't take much pressure to get the gears to slip.

You can actually move the top gear in & out a bit. Pulled out/ or just relaxed & the gears will slip. If you push down on the horn & cycle the gears they won't slip or maybe just a tad.

thats why mine are Hitec hs82ms's I dont trust those Eflight/Parkzone junk servos
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools