HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:13 AM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
Finally uploaded my maiden landing. Took a lot of expo out of it for a more linear elevator and every landing since has been great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpH4Q...ature=youtu.be

Garry K.
Good Lord that's a massive runway. I wish ours was huge like that.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:14 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,699 Posts
Has anyone tried putting oleo type struts on to see if they help with the bouncing? If so, what ones were used and did they help any? Thanks.
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:16 AM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Has anyone tried putting oleo type struts on to see if they help with the bouncing? If so, what ones were used and did they help any? Thanks.
I have thought the same thing. I have a set but they won't fit because of the trailing axle on the mains. Would love to see a link to some that would fit.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:27 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
I have thought the same thing. I have a set but they won't fit because of the trailing axle on the mains. Would love to see a link to some that would fit.
Hmmmmm...I've yet to fly mine and dont have retracts but I may have some HK 7075 oleos lying around I might try if the length of them is right.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:29 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
As soon as I relaxed the up elevator after rotation, she wanted to go right back down.
I found this very same trait with mine. I've learned to get some good air between the plane and the ground before letting off on the elevator entirely. The first 2 or 3 feet from the ground seems to have a kind of vacuum effect.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:03 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
What's the biggest packs anyone is using? I have a 4s 5300 which I'm so surprised fit under the canopy. I didn't check for CG yet though with it. I also have (2) 4s 2200s I can parallel for 4400. Just curious. I don't mind buying new packs, just wondering if anything I have will work before I do buy new ones.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:41 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
What's the biggest packs anyone is using? I have a 4s 5300 which I'm so surprised fit under the canopy. I didn't check for CG yet though with it. I also have (2) 4s 2200s I can parallel for 4400. Just curious. I don't mind buying new packs, just wondering if anything I have will work before I do buy new ones.
I'm using 4500 mah, 4s Turnigy Nano-Tech, pushed as far forward as it can go. Seems to fly just fine. Just came back from flying it an hour ago. Video to follow.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:59 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,694 Posts
My LHS mentioned the 4s 3300mah being too light for this bird and recommended 4000 to 4400mah. Anybody have the same experience? I haven't maiden it personally (someone else it and only need a small bit of trim). Does it land better with a heavy lipo?
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
I have a couple of the Gens Ace 5300's as well. It would be nice if those flew well in this.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:04 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
Good Lord that's a massive runway. I wish ours was huge like that.
Me too!!! We could all land good on that thing...lol
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:09 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I'm using 4500 mah, 4s Turnigy Nano-Tech, pushed as far forward as it can go. Seems to fly just fine. Just came back from flying it an hour ago. Video to follow.
Is your plane bone stock? Do you know the weight of your 4500mah packs? I have some 4000mah packs and it seems they cg right in the middle of the recommended range when they are even with the spot where nose and fuse meet. Looks like 4500's all they way forward would be way nose heavy. I haven't maidened mine yet so I'm just trying to see whats been working for everyone. Thanks.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:15 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
My LHS mentioned the 4s 3300mah being too light for this bird and recommended 4000 to 4400mah. Anybody have the same experience? I haven't maiden it personally (someone else it and only need a small bit of trim). Does it land better with a heavy lipo?
I tried the 4s 3200 20C and all the forward it wouldnt balance. Was way to light of a battery.

Quote:
I have a couple of the Gens Ace 5300's as well. It would be nice if those flew well in this.
Yup that's what I have. I moved the battery half way on the tray and got it to balance. We maybe OK.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,699 Posts
Yup that's what I have. I moved the battery half way on the tray and got it to balance. We maybe OK. [/QUOTE]

Nice...what do you have your cg set at (mm)?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:43 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,694 Posts
Well, the GForce 4s 3300mah 40C (centered on the lipo tray) seemed to be okay according to my test pilot (granted, he's excellent competition flyer). hmm... maybe I should measure the CG again.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
501 Posts
Quote:
Honestly, with as tail-heavy as this thing is you could easily get away with 4s 5300's and probably larger. You'd be hard pressed to find a battery heavy enough to correctly balance the plane when actually placed in the battery compartment where batteries were (mistakenly?) intended to be placed (utilizing all the straps).

That Turnigy motor I ordered up is actually lighter than the stock motor. I'm thinking 5000's will easily balance with room to spare and 6000's shouldn't be out of the question. Disclaimer: I didn't use an CG calculator, I'm just doing some educated guessing.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez