SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:58 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Anyone ever think or try to add a speedbreak to this plane?
What would be interesting is splitting the ailerons and making a crow setup.

I have yet to maiden it but I find deltas like these floaters. The elevons act like flaps.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:15 AM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
I have yet to maiden it but I find deltas like these floaters. The elevons act like flaps.
I think you'll discover fairly quickly that this plane is not a floater. If you program the elevons to act like flaps, on a flying wing (or delta), it's going to be like severe down elevator. Throw that switch too close to the ground and at a high speed, it's going to take a dirt nap. But I guess you'll have to find that out for yourself.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:28 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I think you'll discover fairly quickly that this plane is not a floater. If you program the elevons to act like flaps, on a flying wing (or delta), it's going to be like severe down elevator. Throw that switch too close to the ground and at a high speed, it's going to take a dirt nap. But I guess you'll have to find that out for yourself.
I didn't mean literal flaps (wrong direction!).

My definition is floating could be different that others. I find the foam Habu a floater. I'm hoping this plane doesn't tip stall under half throttles - that's my definition of a non-floater (i.e Gee Bee!)
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:59 AM
Registered User
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,819 Posts
Voxel it does do pretty well in high alpha with just a tad of power. For me that is the best way to keep the aproach slow. I have thought of adding speed brakes too. Someone mentioned that they had it a few posts back. Might check with them to see how it does.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:05 AM
Registered User
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
305 Posts
This plane is easy to land once you bring it slow. Take the plane high and try to make it stall in the air.. see how slow it goes.. it's pretty easy once you figure it out. I was bouncing all over the place until I decided to bring it way slow... easy peasy.
mnavarro is offline Find More Posts by mnavarro
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:25 AM
Registered User
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavarro View Post
This plane is easy to land once you bring it slow. Take the plane high and try to make it stall in the air.. see how slow it goes.. it's pretty easy once you figure it out. I was bouncing all over the place until I decided to bring it way slow... easy peasy.
Ehh, "easy peasy"...... I'm not with you on that part. I still have days that I can land and days that I go ahead and put it in the grass....
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:31 AM
Registered User
bladeguy5's Avatar
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
348 Posts
Fentonflyers, i agree i have vids where my landing look picture perfect and other vids where i look like ive been only flying rc planes for a few days lol and landings with crosswinds are a pain as well. but with all the landing talk aside in the air it flys pretty good and predictable just like my styker minus the top end speed my stryker has.
bladeguy5 is offline Find More Posts by bladeguy5
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:35 AM
Registered User
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeguy5 View Post
Fentonflyers, i agree i have vids where my landing look picture perfect and other vids where i look like ive been only flying rc planes for a few days lol and landings with crosswinds are a pain as well. but with all the landing talk aside in the air it flys pretty good and predictable just like my styker minus the top end speed my stryker has.
Agreed. It's fun to fly and can do things no other plane can do. Well at least until now.

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...610/index.html
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:45 AM
Registered User
bladeguy5's Avatar
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
348 Posts
just checked it out i wonder when it will be released.
bladeguy5 is offline Find More Posts by bladeguy5
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:56 AM
Registered User
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,819 Posts
I'm sure we will know more after the show.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:28 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,375 Posts
nice to see some more VT options, but IMO that FlyZone does not look half as good as the Scimitar
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:31 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
nice to see some more VT options, but IMO that FlyZone does not look half as good as the Scimitar
Yes but if it flys like a stryker and has vectored thrust then I am all in.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:37 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
Yes but if it flys like a stryker and has vectored thrust then I am all in.
Is that the only advert there is for this plane?
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:53 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Is that the only advert there is for this plane?
All I could find. Their is a thread started for it. Also for the Eraze. Subscribe!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=hadron

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=flyzon+eraz
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:18 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
Ehh, "easy peasy"...... I'm not with you on that part. I still have days that I can land and days that I go ahead and put it in the grass....
Reminds me of my SkyAngel Screamer. Some landings are perfect (slow gentle glide) and some are just awful. I'll try the slowest landings possible and attempt some slow low passes.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools