6,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Atlanta Hobby just got one pallet full of Scimitars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
AH was already sold out.
How many's on a "pallet full" anyway?
That's less than 4 hours from one post to the next. People must be reading this thread.
Great Planes was $140.00 shipped. I shoulda jumped on it the second I saw it. But they sold out in minutes.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:31 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,111 Posts
I pulled the trigger too......@ Wholesaletrains.com. I guess I'll be sleeping in the tent when she arrives lol
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:56 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Actually the answer was right above you until you discovered Atlanta Hobby as your answer. You could have just asked voxel where his LHS is and contacted them to see about shipping one to you. He's not that far from you. But now you are lucky enough to just walk into a store and get one at that great price. I'm not lucky. Shipping erodes most of the benefit of buying a second one for parts.

It's even worse for Atlanta Hobby to ship something to me in Canada. I dunno, they must toss in some "handling" in their S&H.

They did find an alternate method last year for me when I bought a Mig29 from them. However, they must be very busy this time around because I've been communicating with them about another plane lately and they have either chosen to ignore me or have forgotten to reply to my last question, which I need the answer to before buying. The plane is not that important to me and I'm not willing to hound any store so they can sell me something. They should be hounding me. They don't get my sale this time.
I actually did contact Voxel before the AH discovery; he bought the last two at his LHS and did say he would sell one if he did not like the way it flew... so I was proactive and kept looking.

I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience. I know those guys and I do not believe they would have been any malicious intent, likely the message might have been "lost in the shuffle." Not that there is any excuse for it, but they run a retail store and it might have fallen through the cracks... Perhaps write a letter and tell them why they lost your business? (I do not work there)

It is bothersome they might have missed one question in your most recent response; but IMO its also bothersome they had helped you through correspondence and in the very end you went and took the business elsewhere when they did the selling and explaining of the product. Its all just toys in the end, maybe you will give them a shot down the road.

Sadly, this industry is a lot less like the car industry.... you will not ever have a hobby shop "hounding" you. To that end, do the shops you give your business to hound you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
How many's on a "pallet full" anyway?
That's less than 4 hours from one post to the next. People must be reading this thread.
Great Planes was $140.00 shipped. I shoulda jumped on it the second I saw it. But they sold out in minutes.
How many is in a pallet? I dont know for sure... I would guess about 20 planes/ pallet.

He told me he had 150+ Hurricanes in the liquidation sale, Ill find out how many of the Scimitars he sold when I go in next.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:07 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Perhaps write a letter and tell them why they lost your business?
Well, they haven't lost my business forever, just this purchase. I'll be in Atlanta next August. I may just pop into their store and take the plane home with me as checked luggage. For this purchase, I had time constraints in that it was to be delivered to a friend in AZ and he'd bring it back for me in his car. My last question to AH was about the dimensions of the box. My friend's car will be loaded quite full so space is a concern. It's too late now. Time has run out.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:40 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,258 Posts
Looks like this thread has been renewed with a bunch of new Scimmies. That's awesome!!

Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:46 PM
Joined Jan 2013
16 Posts
Questions for you all... Just got mine and I'm armed with a few questions. One, which aftermarket battery do you all recommend for best airspeed, fun, and run time? Two, what has been done about the nose wheel problem in the retracts? Finally, anyone experience issues with the vectored thrust? Any other issues a new owner should know about? Fun facts? THANKS!!
zooplane66 is offline Find More Posts by zooplane66
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:23 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,545 Posts
Horizon Hobby has been sending this out today:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...r-pnp-EFL10175
They claim it's no longer available directly from them but any of their authorized hobby shops that have any left should sell at that price. Check their dealer locator to find one near you and see if they have any.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:07 PM
Joined Feb 2010
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
I pulled the trigger too......@ Wholesaletrains.com. I guess I'll be sleeping in the tent when she arrives lol
The plane is pretty big and stout so its gonna get kinda tight in that tent.
sillycow is offline Find More Posts by sillycow
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Feb 2010
14 Posts
The vectored thrust should not be attempted till third flight. I would forget about the retracts because they will just break. I would say maybe 5% of rc pilots can land this plane smoothly 2 out of 3 flights. I have put larger softer wheels on mine and now its better. Land it at speed so that it doesn't fall out of the sky and bouce 12 times down the runway.
sillycow is offline Find More Posts by sillycow
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:19 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillycow View Post
The vectored thrust should not be attempted till third flight. I would forget about the retracts because they will just break. I would say maybe 5% of rc pilots can land this plane smoothly 2 out of 3 flights. I have put larger softer wheels on mine and now its better. Land it at speed so that it doesn't fall out of the sky and bouce 12 times down the runway.
+1 I have the best luck when I am at manuver speed above stall at touch down.
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:21 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,540 Posts
Manual mentions setting aileron differential and outlines the up and down throws. Is this absolutely necessary? All this time I've been setting up my deltas wrong!
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:31 PM
It's watts for dinner
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
946 Posts
FYI, PNP is back in stock online at AH. For $119 I can't resist. Just ordered. I (think) I already have usable batts and RX so this is a pretty cheap deal for me. Since gear cost as much as the plane, I'm holding off retracts until I see if I can fly and land it.

How do you think the Scimitar will balance with a 4S GensAce 60C 3000?

Wow, my springtime hangar is getting very crowded.
sjw985 is offline Find More Posts by sjw985
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:39 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillycow View Post
The plane is pretty big and stout so its gonna get kinda tight in that tent.
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:21 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,722 Posts
I thought the pricing was a misprint!!! I've had my eye on her for a long time, no excuse with that $119 price!! I'm just hoping I'm not too late at my LHS! I've ALWAYS seen 2 on the shelf! I'm not even going to call 'em, I'll be there right when they open!

Wish me luck, I'll make the fire & bring hot dogs & smores wavekatcher, 'cause i know i'll be in trouble BIG TIME. I can't hide this purchase in the garage like my micros........
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:16 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,258 Posts
Good luck RCoconut.... Go get er done!!!!!!!!!
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk