HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:03 PM
CL-OSD developer
Sverige, Östergötlands Län, Linköping
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
hatuul: That's really strange. Must be a bug somewhere... What version of avr studio are you using? Also have you changed so you are not using the compiler supplied with avr studio?

thebgrian: Do the pre-compiled hex work? If not try setting the fuses:
avrdude -p m88pa -c usbasp -U lfuse:w:0xF7:m -U hfuse:w:0xDC:m -U efuse:w:0xFF:m
callelj is offline Find More Posts by callelj
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:39 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmaninator View Post
Leprud did it. See post # 534. You would need to be able to solder very, very, very small contacts to be able to use GPS with E-OSD.
Yes. I can.
And yes. Very very small and tricky soldering.
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:46 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davico View Post
My camera is a gopro in PAL mode, tx is a fatshark 100mw 5.8Ghz.
Ground-station is two custom-made airwave 5.8ghz rx modules going into a max4545 switch, controlled by an arduino.

Dave
Can you please give more info / link to the divercity based upon arduino ? ..

Thanks.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by callelj View Post
hatuul: That's really strange. Must be a bug somewhere... What version of avr studio are you using? Also have you changed so you are not using the compiler supplied with avr studio?

avrdude -p m88pa -c usbasp -U lfuse:w:0xF7:m -U hfuse:w:0xDC:m -U efuse:w:0xFF:m
Hey.
That's how I found fuse.And version .

callelj you can build me a hex, Aux off , and put on GPS in 9600?
hatuul is offline Find More Posts by hatuul
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:39 PM
CL-OSD developer
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
hatuul: AVR Studio 4 will not work but 5 should work.
In the about window for avr studio 5 could you scroll the "View installed Components" to AVRGCC and write down the version number?
I just tested building with 5.1.148 and the hex is the same as the one in the repo so it should work...
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:50 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Östergötland County, Ljungsbro
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
flashing led

Hi!

Trying out the cl-osd for the first time. Flashing the device worked like a charm, however the g-osd unit just flashes when I connect to power and video. As far as I can tell this means video is not detected. But it worked fine before flashing. Any ideas on how to proceed? I am using a PAL camera. The video input is connected in paralell to the camera. Is there a sensitivity somewhere that can be adjusted? Tested, latest revision (r88), and a random older revision (r77) also built the r88 revision using avr studio. Same result.

Is the led expected to flash when only power is connected, and then light up constantly when video sync is detected?

I have the G-OSD II from hobbyking.
peacefulhill is offline Find More Posts by peacefulhill
Last edited by peacefulhill; Mar 04, 2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:11 AM
CL-OSD developer
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
peacefullhill: Try setting the fuses:
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:28 AM
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
peacefullhill: Try setting the fuses:
Thanks for the quick reply!

Tried setting the fuses. Avrdude reports efuse is 7, however that should be in order I think as it only reads the three lsb. Unfortunately no difference. The led just flashes with a high frequency.

Any other ideas?
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Mar 2012
69 Posts
Hi callelj, great work on this - got it working nicely!

one question - do you think its possible to somehow get a digital GPS coordinate downlink to the base station? Eg by using an available ATMEGA88 pin and some code to generate a "modem style" audio stream like ezosd does?

Thx for your time and thoughts!
Bye,
Peter
Hawkeye2 is offline Find More Posts by Hawkeye2
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
Finally got it working. Appearently cutting through one of those tiny leads wasn't a good idea... Had accidently cut it during removal of the heatshrink. After some fine soldering, patching the lead with a small wire, everything started working.

Anyways thanks for your help, this is really cool!
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:09 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2010
95 Posts
Quote:

Hi, callelj
I still haven't tried with the pre-compiled, but I'm getting ready to do it later today and noticed that the size of the files I get from avr studio are a lot smaller than the pre-compiled. The g-osd hex is 22k (vs 107k pre-compiled) and the g-osd .eep is 2k (vs 30k). I think that may setup is not correct somehow. What do you mean by "Also have you changed so you are not using the compiler supplied with avr studio?", I don't think I've done that.

Edit: The file sizes are correct, I was downloading the files the wrong way. Anyway, tried to flash the precompiled, but with ntsc camera the only thing on the screen was the circle on the right side, no text at all.
thebgrian is offline Find More Posts by thebgrian
Last edited by thebgrian; Mar 06, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:03 PM
FPVnoob
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Hk g-osd ii

Is there a diagram that shows how to connect OSD with fatshark 5.8ghz? I think it needs a separate battery for 5v? I dont get it????
runnynoze is offline Find More Posts by runnynoze
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:23 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2010
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnynoze View Post
Is there a diagram that shows how to connect OSD with fatshark 5.8ghz? I think it needs a separate battery for 5v? I dont get it????
I'm in the process of doing the same (G-OSD). My plan is to use the transmitter 5V output that goes to the camera to power the GPS (the GPS only needs 5V). The OSD power will be in parallel with the power for the Tx, which is powered from a 3S LiPo.
The Video connects in parallel to the Video from the camera and the Ground is all common.
thebgrian is offline Find More Posts by thebgrian
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:02 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,891 Posts
guys .. this is great !

i am using it for two weeks now.

super !!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
Expert