HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:43 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Mar 2009
5 Posts
is it possible the information is being displayed outside my 7'' screen window. if it is how do I bring the text inside? any suggestions are welcome, just trying to get this thing going.
Alee33 is offline Find More Posts by Alee33
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:21 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
826 Posts
you might have pal and ntsc issues, make sure this is set to what your camera is putting out.

otherwise you can edit text positions in layout.h (I'm pretty sure that is where it is) to adjust where they are. This is pretty much trial and error. But I'd rather try to make sure you are getting the whole pic on your monitor, as the more picture you get to see the better.
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:27 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by callelj View Post
1. Wait untill it stops raining or connect it to a usb to serial adapter...
2. Enable "compass" with TEXT_COMPASS_ENABLED.
3. No current sensor code finished yet. But you can look at SENSOR_CURRENT_* and implement the finish touches yourself.
4. Edit SENSOR_RSSI_MAX_VOLTAGE and SENSOR_RSSI_MIN_VOLTAGE
1. OK
2. what exactly do i need to change in the code to enable this ? and where in the code is this located ?
3. OK
4. Did that, worked like a charm. thanks.
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Last edited by i3dm; Jan 12, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, TX
Joined Oct 2010
331 Posts
A thing I found with the RSSI input on the Eosd is it is fairly low impeadance (at least mine is) It dragged down the RSSI output on my RX from the usual scale of 0.55-1.55V to 0.25V-0.55V, The latter range being outside of the program's RSSI min voltage setting. Use a voltmeter and see what the voltage is at the E-OSD pin, you may need a buffer.
Slaphappysamy is offline Find More Posts by Slaphappysamy
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:56 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaphappysamy View Post
A thing I found with the RSSI input on the Eosd is it is fairly low impeadance (at least mine is) It dragged down the RSSI output on my RX from the usual scale of 0.55-1.55V to 0.25V-0.55V, The latter range being outside of the program's RSSI min voltage setting. Use a voltmeter and see what the voltage is at the E-OSD pin, you may need a buffer.
My Chainlink UHF Rx RSSI output is buffered so im good, it only needed a bit of fine tuning froms tock values (1.8V for 100% rather than 1.85-1.90V) and its working perfect.

Adding a nickname worked perfectly well too.

For me personally, adding a compass (which i understand is already in the code) and a current sensor (which is on the way i guess) would make this a HIGHLY graded and capable system for very low cost - quite awesome indeed !
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:16 PM
United States, TX
Joined Oct 2010
331 Posts
Its pretty good as is. Just remember its not even close to being near the same league of the big full feature OSDs and never will be nor is it supposed to be. I find it accurate enough to use it for my beater mini skywalker which is my throw away plane. The coders did a masterful job squeezing what we have now from that little Uc.

I use full ET suites and Dragon links for my other two rigs and find the simplisity of the CL-OSD quite comforting.

BTW your text compass is in the config file. Look in the section just below the "sensors" section. its titled "other". Uncomment that line.
Slaphappysamy is offline Find More Posts by Slaphappysamy
Last edited by Slaphappysamy; Jan 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
468 Posts
Sorry to inturupt guys, I figured one of you may be able /willing to help me... I appologize for breaking the flow... I have this OSD system with GPS. I am new to this, so please bear with me...

I have the OSD connected to a fully charged 3s 1300. The Aux battery, a 5000mAh is connected to the Aux input, station two on the board in descending order. The next set of pins are for RSSi, I wll skip this function for now. The next set of pins connect the GPS (black and white) to the OSD.The red and black are connected to ch.8 on Turnigy 9x, programmed to gear and switched on. The next set connect the video. I have connected the video to the stock 100mW Fatshark Tx and Fatshark pan/tilt/ ccd killer cam system. I spliced the cables, connecting the black wire from the video Tx, to the cam and OSD. The white wire connected to the Video signal from the cam, and the input of OSD. The Vid Tx is powered from the same 1300mAh, by running two parallel leads.
When I plug the system in, the red light on the OSd is on, Video funtion to Rx in the FPV goggles is good, no OSD. When I plug the main battery in, with the Aux battery input running in parallel to the aux input on the OSD, the red light goes out. Video unaffected.

Can anyone explain where I went wrong? I have checked all connections and am exausted from reading... please help if possible... Thanks in advance... Newb FPV wannabe.
simplyfly is offline Find More Posts by simplyfly
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:34 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
826 Posts
a circuit drawing would probably help follow this, and or pics.

but I'd start with just plugging in the main battery + & - and the signal from the cam (tap into the video wire between the cam and the video TX)

That is all you need to get it working. Then add things one at a time from there (power down, add something, then power up, don't want to cross anything while powered)
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:27 AM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
468 Posts
If I had to guess, I feel there is something wrong with the way I am tapping the Vid. between the camera and the Tx. It seems like it should be straight forward... arrgh. I try and take a photo. Thanks yzguy.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:49 AM
CL-OSD developer
Sverige, Östergötlands Län, Linköping
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alee33 View Post
I am new to this forum so forgive me if this topic has been covered. I have a g-osd II and have flashed it with cl-osd, however the only information that is displayed is the home arrow. any ideas?
You didn't flash the EEPROM, it contains the bitmaps for the text.

Quote:
Crap! Apparently I developed a short somewhere and when I connected the batt my G-osd baord released its magic smoke :.
Was the smoke comming from the µP or the regulator? Usually the regulator burns if there is a short. And if you can extract one from another board or buy a new it's not too hard to solder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy View Post
sure no problem. I had to rename it from .patch to .txt to be able to attach it. There are of course a few other changes in mine, but I'm sure it is pretty obvious which ones are for this.
Thanks! I will add it as soon as I have some free time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
1. OK
2. what exactly do i need to change in the code to enable this ? and where in the code is this located ?
3. OK
4. Did that, worked like a charm. thanks.
There is a search function in the program but anyway it's in config.h with the rest of the config options...

Quote:
I heard some people saying that if you don't use a buffer on the RSSI it might affect the received signal strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
For me personally, adding a compass (which i understand is already in the code) and a current sensor (which is on the way i guess) would make this a HIGHLY graded and capable system for very low cost - quite awesome indeed !
Note that the "compass" just shows a compass on screen it's not using a real compass. It uses the data from the gps. Using a compass as a sensor is not finished yet!
callelj is offline Find More Posts by callelj
Last edited by callelj; Jan 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:58 AM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,472 Posts
Quote:
There is a search function in the program but anyway it's in config.h with the rest of the config options...
i have gone through config.h and cant find what exactly i need to change in order to enable GPS compass ?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:03 AM
CL-OSD developer
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
Uncomment TEXT_COMPASS_ENABLED, ie remove the // at the start of the line.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:22 AM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
468 Posts
I had the Vid connected to the audio channel...Green = Vid White = Audio on Fatshark Tx cable... doh... OSD working...
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:03 AM
CL-OSD developer
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyfly View Post
I had the Vid connected to the audio channel...Green = Vid White = Audio on Fatshark Tx cable... doh... OSD working...
hehe, great that you found the problem. :-)
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:23 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,472 Posts
Quote:
Uncomment TEXT_COMPASS_ENABLED, ie remove the // at the start of the line.
Is this the line ?

//#define TEXT_COMPASS_ENABLED //Enable compass when no statistics is shown.