Already?
callelj is offline Find More Posts by callelj
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by callelj View Post

I haven't tested any other settings than 4800 but if I have some time I could look into why it's not working so good.
Probably no need for that: Some other guys in .de have it running @9600. So my bad soldering could be the cause that it's not working for me @9600.

I'll try again with better soldering. If it still does not work you'll hear me whine about it ("is it done already?" )

I'm trying to dig through the code and understand it by changing small stuff. Is there any advice you can give on debugging, e.g. some mechanisms to run tests without actually flashing the unit each time?. Or maybe some way to dump a lot of vars to screen? So far it's change/flash/try - cycle for every little thing I try.
after.burner is offline Find More Posts by after.burner
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:38 AM
Gravity always laughs last
USA, PA, Milford
Joined Feb 2008
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaphappysamy View Post
Took some poking around but I got what I want. Just had to comment out a couple lines in layout.h
What did you comment out to eliminate the 2nd battery voltage?

thanks
Cadzilla,
AKA spartaju, LowTek, rkLowTek, RichK
cadzilla is online now Find More Posts by cadzilla
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi View Post
Yes, angle and height/dist ratio are equivalent. The problem with 100*height/dist is that it might become arbitrarily large if flying overhead. It gives the height you'd have if dist is 100m so maybe just write "99" or some other character if the angle is above 45 degrees.
I started playing with the code, and think I can make it work in 5 degree increments. basically I did 1000 * H/Dis and created numbers for 2.5, 7.5, 12.5, 17.5 ect up to 90. I calculate the ratio number, and see which group it falls between, if between 2.5 and 7.5, I call it 5 and so on. I also put in a minium distance for this cacluation, since once you get close, you tend to care less about the angle, and because it gets less accurate (due to gps inaccuracies) and to keep from getting divide by zero errors, and really large numbers for the ratio.

I also put in a angleRatio alarm. So basically you calculate the ratio for say 15 degrees, and set it. This is more accurate than the degrees that are showing. If you are at 16 degrees, the OSD will show 15 and be fine, but if you are at 14, then it will still show 15, but will blink now because you tripped the alarm.

I still have to make sure this all actually works, but so far it sounds good.
yzguy is online now Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
just got my avr usbasp/isp programmer and my g osd. i still have no idea how to program the board :\. the sketches are just too complicated for me to understand, even basics. like setting up the Arduino, or whatever program you guys are using, will somebody be able to help me? :\
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:12 AM
Expert
Joined Mar 2007
83 Posts
just test new firmware with commented 2 lines knot to kmh
now looks like real
but at end fly, statistic show max speed about 450 km/h
need some filtering
redsonic is offline Find More Posts by redsonic
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Aug 2007
726 Posts
So my Gosd-II is on its way. Any chance that we can revive the 3rd pot and have three adjustable voltage readings like the original does? Flight battery, video battery and rssi?
MauiNate is offline Find More Posts by MauiNate
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
G-OSD II KM/h - Knots

Hi all,

I can confirm that the GPS modul from G-OSD II has a default output in KM/h.
I took my plane and control monitor into my car. Then I drove 70 KM/h with cruise control. The Speed value on the OSD monitor showed 132 KM/h.

Could someone please add some lines of code, to make it configurable to switch between KM/h or Knots in config.h?

Regards
Joern
Joern is offline Find More Posts by Joern
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:43 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
change this line in layout.h to
look around line 108 but i have an old build. just look for gpslastvaliddata.speed in the layout.h and add * 1000 / 1852 and you will have correct output in flight
pos = printNumber(gText[textId], 0, gGpsLastValidData.speed * 1000 / 1852);
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2008
374 Posts
Hey in the last 30 pages of this thread have any new users able to program the E-OSD with a USBtinyISP from adafruit or a clone from ebay?

I soldered up my 2nd E-OSD and I can not connect to it or the first one I have been attempting to flash... I have tried everything I can think of and have been googling but really can't find any new things to try.

My LED on the E-OSD does flash when I try to connect with avrdude (matches the "busy" light on the usbtinyisp) it gets power as it lights up but confirming the chip is connected fails every time on both my OSD.

My USBtinyISP works for putting serial boot loaders on 168's and 328's but in that scenario I use pre made cables and headers but none the less it works every time.

I really want to make this work should I try a official AVR programmer?

Here is my info from before http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=412

I made a video to show where i'm at if that helps, sorry for the rambling I was just hoping someone would notice something i'm doing wrong...

e-osd programming failure :) (4 min 52 sec)
charlienofun is offline Find More Posts by charlienofun
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:18 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USBASP-USBIS...-/370532286436

buy that, i have that exact one and it works. bad part is waiting for shipping time

try on a windows pc lol
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2008
374 Posts
Hey Chat, I tried on windows 7 with the identical results

I'll def. try that programmer for $4 Thanks!
charlienofun is offline Find More Posts by charlienofun
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:24 PM
CL-OSD developer
Sverige, Östergötlands Län, Linköping
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
charlienofun: I also had problems with another programmer (STK500!) but the USPASP works. Haven't looked into why...

Edit: Also you could test adding the -B option to avrdude with a low value.
That will slow down the programming. This don't work on all programmers allthough...
Last edited by callelj; Jan 05, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:19 PM
CL-OSD developer
Sverige, Östergötlands Län, Linköping
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
New revision out:
"Added a defines SCREEN_AND_SENSOR_UPDATES_PER_SEC, SENSOR_VOLTAGE_1, SENSOR_VOLTAGE_2
Fixed GOSDII bug, use define GOSDII_GPS_SPEED_BUGFIX
Added after.burners blink of satellite icon when there is bad gps data."

Untested but it builds so it should work. ;-)
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:07 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
998 Posts
I happened to be looking for something else, and ran across something in the WKII that could be updated now (due to the latest changes, now there is a quick fix)

How do I change the screen update speed?
No quick fix for this either yet but here is a post about it.
yzguy is online now Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup