Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:26 AM
Australia, VIC, Kurunjang
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by callelj View Post
Seems as if the code cannot parse your GPS string correctly. Might be a bug in there somewhere. What should the location be? No need for exact location, just an example so I can test the code.
Thanks Callelj
Google: -37.668433,144.588833
RonSpooner is online now Find More Posts by RonSpooner
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:13 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
move to the northern hemisphere... quick and easy fix for ya spooner
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:36 AM
CL-OSD developer
Sverige, Östergötlands Län, Linköping
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
chatch15117: Exactly! But there is probably a bug when using negative positions. I will look into it when I have some time. It might take some time due to the holidays...
callelj is offline Find More Posts by callelj
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
later today I will be done with all studying so I'll look at the code until I find the problem or get bored

Spooner, does it report the home arrow correctly? It would help to know. If the home arrow is backwards(pointing away from home, flipped diagonally) then the bug is early in the code, probably in gps.h or whatever it is named now. If the arrow is correct, it's probably a simple string parsing error in text.h or whatever file takes care of #GOOGLE_GPS_FORMAT.

I will be able to point out the error but not fix it because my experience with strings in this AVR version of C is limited. I would use some higher level function of strings.h that would consume too much memory.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:37 AM
Joined May 2008
13 Posts
Quote:
The E-OSD only have two inputs. In order to add more you need to build your own voltage divider and solder it to an input. You also need to change the code.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, but I already added a connector for the GPS, another one should not be such a big deal. I will think about it later, first just use one battery for motor and fpv.

Cheers,
Nils
nils1982ks is offline Find More Posts by nils1982ks
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
That, or only monitor the battery connected to the ESC. My vtx battery lasts at least 2 flights, so I don't worry about it.

I'm not sure what power your vtx is or what capacity battery you use, but I have 800mw(600mw real output) 1280mhz + 500mAh 3S lipo.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:48 PM
CL-OSD developer
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSpooner View Post
Thanks Callelj
Google: -37.668433,144.588833
I fixed the issue in r85. It was only the text on the screen that was wrong.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:52 PM
CL-OSD developer
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbvideo View Post
Yes, my friend My G-osd is started with your FUSE setting...i love you.. :-)
now i need to know what the difference Now I would like to know if the EPP and HEX codes must always be paired today .... I put in the code65EPP and code75HEX, goes just as well or you must always have the same version?

if so then why the R75 is only verion version HEX?

by Calle
Good that it worked!
But you dont have to send an message and a post about the same thing.

About the eep and hex. They should be the same revision but since the eep don't always change in each commit it could work with different versions. But I don't understand why you would want to mix them? Just use the same version! But if it works for you...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:07 PM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
move to the northern hemisphere... quick and easy fix for ya spooner
Come down here and fly, plenty of wide open spaces and your gps will work here now.

Weather is beautiful one day, perfect the next. That's if you live in Queensland.
Last edited by RonSpooner; Dec 15, 2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:12 PM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
I fixed the issue in r85. It was only the text on the screen that was wrong.
Thanks callelj, chatch15117 and others for all the help its much appreciated. Open source you have to love it. You can't get that sort of support with commercial software.

Hope I can contribute something back one day.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
haha this would have been a 6-8 month ordeal if it was SAP or some lame software company you were dealing with.

I got distracted with my new plane... i decided to build it instead of waiting for christmas . Glad callej fixed the problem.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:05 PM
Gravity always laughs last
USA, PA, Milford
Joined Feb 2008
255 Posts
Trying to get the display right

Haven't posted in this thread before; I've been fortunate that everything worked as explained.

What I'm trying to get straight is the display. In the picture I wanted to eliminate the info in the screen center because it over wrote the GPS data. I'd see the data and a flashing "no pos" but once it get enough satellite locks the data was overwritten by the stats

I commented #define STATISTICS_ENABLED which eliminated the stats but now I've lost the GPS data too. Not sure where to look next. Any ideas? Can I move the GPS data down?

Thanks
RichK
AKA Cadzilla, LowTek, spartaju
cadzilla is offline Find More Posts by cadzilla
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:04 AM
Plane and multirotor's - FPV
Moss, Norway
Joined Jun 2007
854 Posts
Subscribing.....
I have a E-osd and thinking about getting the G-osd II.

KKai
DrEvil is offline Find More Posts by DrEvil
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
you wont regret it
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:58 AM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Apr 2006
475 Posts
My G-OSDII finally showed up. I hooked it up between a DVD player and a portable TV on the composite lines and I got voltage and time readings on the screen, but no GPS. I had a UBEC connected to a receiver and the receiver connected to the GPS for power. 5.2V going into it. Then I connected a WattsUP between the battery and UBEC and it showed around 0.2W with just the receiver and no real change with the GPS added. I'm thinking that GPS ought to draw nearly 0.100A at 5V, I should see another 0.5W when it's added. Anyone else bought one of these and had a dead GPS? Can't imagine what shipping back to china is like or how long it would take.
mark963 is offline Find More Posts by mark963