SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:20 PM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Discussion
HK fg F-16 70mm

I would love to hear from anybody that has this and what power combo you are using. Thank you

I thought this plane w/ 70mm dps unit 70esc and some mg servo's on 4-5s. Not sure about the gear? maybe just bl?
BLOWZILLA is offline Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2011, 02:33 PM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Anybody????
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:11 PM
crash rc plane is my job....
Florence area,Tuscany, Italy
Joined Jan 2009
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWZILLA View Post
I would love to hear from anybody that has this and what power combo you are using. Thank you

I thought this plane w/ 70mm dps unit 70esc and some mg servo's on 4-5s. Not sure about the gear? maybe just bl?
Hello,

I received mine about 2 weeks ago. The model is very well done, the paint is flawless. I have not decided that EDF install. I have a wm400 with velocity-rc 800w motor and one Het with 2w20, both 4s. I think these engines are more than sufficient, I think the model is quite fast. There isn't enough space to install the retractable, you have to use the catapult. The setup you mentioned I think is good for this model, I would put 4s to try to stay light. The F16 is the same as Het except for the ailerons (Het model has only tailerons), if you search in forum you will find some threads. Unfortunately my F16 have to wait a little while now I have to finish other projects.......

Roberto
bobby67 is offline Find More Posts by bobby67
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:22 PM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Thanks bobby, its good to hear you say that cause im on the fence about getting it. How does the build look as far as ease and was there any directions? Is this hand launch or bungee only? What size esc are you thinking of?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:51 PM
Joined Jan 2009
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWZILLA View Post
Thanks bobby, its good to hear you say that cause im on the fence about getting it. How does the build look as far as ease and was there any directions? Is this hand launch or bungee only? What size esc are you thinking of?
F16 is 90% pre-built, the construction is simple, if you have a minimum of manufacturing experience you will not have problems. I do not think you can run it by hand, should not risk it. A bungee launch is safer and easier to take off ..... you have your hands on the transmitter. Hobbyking webpage where it presents the F16, at the bottom, if you look under "files" there are photo-instructions that explain the construction step-by-step. My ESC is 80-amp, Turnigy or Hobbywing, but also 70 is ok. If i remember well there is a water decals to app, i think to paint the model with 1 coats of water-base parquet paint. The model will be protected to abrasion when you landing on grass.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:47 PM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,878 Posts
Bobby,

This does look identical to the HET F-16. The canopy is different thought. The HET canopy looks much better IMHO.

Do you think the HET canopy would fit on this one?
therealhiphop is offline Find More Posts by therealhiphop
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:24 AM
cambridge nz
Joined Oct 2008
149 Posts
i've got one of these , fitted the HET fan , 3000mh batts needed lead in the tail to balance 75mm from le is about right .
Tried to fly 4 times motor cut after 5 seconds , discovered its the HET ESC not working properly .
hope to fly this weekend, BTW the elevons are a bit of a mission to get right and it's a bit delicate.
electronutter is offline Find More Posts by electronutter
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:23 AM
Lincolnshire, UK
Joined Oct 2009
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealhiphop View Post
Bobby,

This does look identical to the HET F-16. The canopy is different thought. The HET canopy looks much better IMHO.

Do you think the HET canopy would fit on this one?
I have to disagree. I've got a HET F16 and this looks like it differs in a few key areas - it has Ailerons and tip missiles for a start, then there's a hatch for the motor/fan and the cockpit detail is different too. The canopy is just plain wrong. It may have come out of the same basic mould as the HET kit but is not identical.

4s 2200-2650 is a bit weak in my opinion. 4s 3300 worked well for me and 6s 3000 is stunning!

Si
Si Goodchild is offline Find More Posts by Si Goodchild
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:42 PM
Joined Jan 2009
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Goodchild View Post
I have to disagree. I've got a HET F16 and this looks like it differs in a few key areas - it has Ailerons and tip missiles for a start, then there's a hatch for the motor/fan and the cockpit detail is different too. The canopy is just plain wrong. It may have come out of the same basic mould as the HET kit but is not identical.

4s 2200-2650 is a bit weak in my opinion. 4s 3300 worked well for me and 6s 3000 is stunning!

Si
If you compare the images, the fiber canopy support is different in the back ( HK is not open in rear side but you can open it without problems). The missiles tip and the hatch for EDF is also in HK F16. Another difference is the beginning of the air ducting cover: HK is made from mold, Het has a little piece of fiberglass will be bonded to cover the air ducting .... the problem will be for gluing a wooden reinforce for hook. Het fan fits perfect in the fuse. Probably there will be some small differences for copyright. I agree on using 4s, in the video with het edf and 4s looks pretty fast.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:13 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
the HK F-16 is by Prodesign.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:27 PM
Banff Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
569 Posts
I just got my HK F16 -70 mm today to replace my 70 mm Sapac F16 that had a bad crash. I'll be using my Sapac black tornado 3200 kv motor and maybe the fan itself .On 4 cells Lipo it was kicking out up to 900 watts.
It will be nice to have the added ailerons feature.
Lots of work to do on this new plane though.
larry baraniuk is offline Find More Posts by larry baraniuk
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:11 PM
Banff Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
569 Posts
Just checked out the parts in the kit and I can't figure out the taileron control horn setup.It looks like the intentions are to have the taileron servos to be installed internally.
Internally or externally ,control horns are missing for it or I just can't figure it out.
I think I will scavenge the parts of my Sapac F16 and go with external servos
just for the ease of adjustment for such a small plane.
larry baraniuk is offline Find More Posts by larry baraniuk
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:05 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,429 Posts
I've got this HK F-16 70mm EDF.
I wanted to make it as light as possible, but it's difficult to do as the airframe isn't exactly light for it's size.
My setup is going to be a Change Sun 10 blade 70mm EDF and a 3600Kv inrunner initially running a 2200mah 4S 45C battery (though will probably increase size but this is the best battery I have at the moment).
This will keep the projected weight down to 1150g or so with a similar amount of thrust.
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Last edited by Slaanesh; Nov 10, 2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:21 AM
Joined Jun 2011
59 Posts
Hobby King Fiberglass 70mm F-16

Hello All. I just need a little info. I ordered one of these planes and I was wondering would my Hoffman Mighty Might 4620kv can turn this 70mm 3 blade high speed impeller without burning up? Its a nice beefy motor.
I looked all over the net for anyone that attempted the same thing. I found one post where someone asked something similar on the hk sight where this plane is but no where else, and no one ever replied to that post. So please help, any info is greatly appreciated.

Mighty Mite EDF Hoffman Magnetics Outrunner 4620kv for 60mm
Refalovala is offline Find More Posts by Refalovala
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
59 Posts
Hobby King Fiberglass 70mm F-16

Well everyone here it is finally, The Maiden. Its not the best. But it will do. Specs;
ARC 28-58-1
6s 3000mah
Wemo Minifan Pro
Modified with Retracts.

HobbyKing F-16, w- Arc 28-58-1,70mm MiniFan Pro,6s Repainted,Red Tail and Retracts (2 min 25 sec)
Refalovala is offline Find More Posts by Refalovala
Last edited by Refalovala; Jun 08, 2012 at 03:33 AM.