HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2011, 01:55 AM
Joined Aug 2009
51 Posts
Hello Steliosh !!

importer for 16 Ottobrex the time has not given its availability as engaged in other races, but if you want you can order them by mail is possible, and if you want to let you deliver to your location, or if you want to be me ... I entrust it to you on the track.

For the plane to Milan to take too many km !!!..... we Rimini airport 100 meters from the runway. http://www.riminiairport.com/

I made ​​some quote from http://www.expedia.it does not seem bad.

let me know if you need hotels .. etc. .. ect ...

Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Ciao Andrea!

Will the SP distributor have these at the October race, at the track?
So I can buy, on the spot, in case I come...
I have started a sponsorship fund -which Mrs Wife loved- and I am at 90% to come to the October GP! My friends at two LHS's have helped. One of them is an avid biker (I am trying to convince him about rc bikes, too!), and the other one is my local Lostallo-Copy track owner!
I have not yet listed myself on the inscription list, because there is always that 10% that may not let me come. I will know for sure before the end of the month, though.

This time, I will take a plane to Malpensa/Milano, then drive a rental to Riccione. Any other airport, closer to the track is a lot of hours and more money to be spent. I could go to Roma, but it's another 100km further from the track...

So... Air ticket, car rental, fuel and tolls add up to about 100 euros LESS than the ferry crossing and driving my bike to the track!
So, I have a plan to arrive on Thursday afternoon at the track, and leave VERY early on Monday morning (maybe 4am!) to catch the 11 am plane back home! It's 360 km's to Malpensa... easy, right?!
selvAndrea is offline Find More Posts by selvAndrea
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:45 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
UPDATE:

Warmup: 26. to 27. May 2012
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:05 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Update!!: Online Registration.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:59 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Am I the only one still seeing that dreaded Trojan?!
(Using IE8, WinXP, Eset Nod32 AV)
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:02 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
Can we get some confirmation or a discussion on the tyre rule's now the events are coming up. It says production tyres in the rules but we seen people with lathed tyres to increase sidewall contact patch's last year. Production normally meens out the packet, this rule need clarification as it has a large impact on the corner speed/lean angle of the bike

Do we use out the packet PMT's or can they be modified?

As some people will be flying into country it will make a differance as to bring alot of modded tyres with us or being able to buy a set track side and just glue them up

i know rule hve been put in place to runn 200 in certain class's to save cost seem stupid to have this if you need a lath with a 4in throw to be competive. I got access to a lath so im not bothered either way but this rule needs some extra defining i think. Only a sidewall dimension needs adding if modded tyres are not allowed.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Last edited by Whitham69; Feb 02, 2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:43 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
I also need to know if this motor can be used in the nitro class http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg1401.html
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Jan 2012
346 Posts
hi all,

clarks modellsport will be able to supply ready glued tyres trackside. right now we are planing to offer them glued with the massari inserts glued on thunder tiger rims.

if we find any commercial availlable insert to work better we will use those.

we can then guarantee that it is a fair game for everybody.
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:11 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Wohlert View Post
hi all,

clarks modellsport will be able to supply ready glued tyres trackside. right now we are planing to offer them glued with the massari inserts glued on thunder tiger rims.

if we find any commercial availlable insert to work better we will use those.

we can then guarantee that it is a fair game for everybody.
That not going to work for all bikes and it unfair for people like Edi and other people who invested in his own inserts, or on other shop owners,

I just like the rules defined for the tyres so we know what to bring and a look into nitro engines rules
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Jan 2012
346 Posts
hello withham69,

sorry i may have not been precise enough.

it is JUST an offer. i am NOT saying people would have to use our ready glued tyres.

so once again to point it out clearyl, we just offer ready glued tyres and the rule says nothing about that those have to be used.
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:19 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
I wanted to keep out of this but before this gets out of hand:

The rules for tires for the Nitro and Superbikes have been the same since Leipzig. The only change is for Stockbikes limited to PMT200 profiled/cut. Dont ask me how they want to check that....

As far as I can remember the tire blabla goes something like this:

1.4 Tires
The tires must be:
- Specifically designed for 1/5th scale motorcycle use.
- Commercially available.
- In black rubber with the exception of the sidewall.
Every type of tire insert is allowed.
Foam or homemade tires are prohibited.
Every kind of tire additive is allowed excepted if prohibited by regulations of the track.
Tire warmers are allowed for all racing classes.

on top of that tires have a max. and min. dia.

As we only have PMTs at the moment that are commercially available thats it. This already has kept it a fair game over the past years. Modifying the profile is allowed because not prohibitted. And anyway how do you want to check that with a tire thats driven 3 runs?! I "modify" my rear tire on the first Lipo holding the bike down and making a burnout left and right..... by the way, not modifiying tire crossection these days makes a bike undrivable anyway.

When it comes to the rotary style engine:
It is a four stroke. And it is smaller than 10cc? Then it is allowed.... ?!
You will be allowed a 2 speed because its a 4 stroke?.... you will have massive problems with it overheating in Riccione and
you will need a really big sized tank to not run dry every lap or two....

The rules for 2012 were fixed and sanctioned in Lostallo last year. If anyone desires a change in rules please dont discuss it here. Go to your Teammanager and he can put it in at Riccione and it will be changed for the Worlds in 2013 (if it gets a majority).
Last edited by edi.winter; Feb 02, 2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:50 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
It a grey area for sure Edi, having a minium sidewall height is the only way police this. It was something that popped more than once at liepzig between the riders. I guess the real question is. Is a production/comeceilly tyre once lathed.

Im not asking for rule changes just clarification form the organiser, not that it make much differance rules have been changed before during the event

It nitro class 9 people might not start there motors, 2 laps could be all that needed to win..lol. With the small numbers that enter the event winning dont really meen much you have to go for abit of fun.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 06:06 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitham69 View Post
It a grey area for sure Edi, having a minium sidewall height is the only way police this.
This with the rules as I quoted before is NOT a grey area. The only geometrics in the rules are the Diameters and you have to be able to buy the bloody thing If its not outruled its allowed....

I wasnt a driver yet in Leipzig so I dont know what was discussed between drivers there. If it was a problem for someone at that time he had 2 years time to solve it. Maybe it was talked about but rejected (in Grenoble/in Lostallo) no idea. Sometimes these discussions only start because people are envious becasue they didnt have that idea first.

Apart from that I dont think anyone could be persuaded to throw a nearly new tire away because the sidewall is to small. I drive mine down to about 1mm close to the rims. And it doesnt really make a difference up to then. Only brand new tires (especially front) are a pain in the neck. If you want to do it the hard way you drive about 4 charges until they "break in" and work. Or you take a dremel and get rid of that infamous flat. Or you do it at home. I have designed a little gadget that can handle that trackside just never made it because its too expensive.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 06:47 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
Me and you always seem to disagree Edi, it funny really. i rolled off an R6 tyre leaning to much into a dry stone wall when i was 17 i lernt all about tyre profiles the hard way many years ago.

Wonting to to know what a comercal tyre is as the rules are a bit vague on this point has nothing to do with envious it been done for years before we even seen you on the fourm or heard of you. I put a motor on swingarm back in 2006 so not even that an invative idea, give you credit you perfited your design well.

used to be able to have good discussion here with out people asking you not to talk about things or throw back cocky remarks.
Last edited by Whitham69; Feb 02, 2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:18 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
hey.. this was no offense, nore assuming you beeing envious or trying to shut up a discussion.
I was not trying to make cocky remarks . I just tried to help out on your question.
I also dont see that we are disagreeing on something.

I thought the rules for tires are quite clear and did not see any problems and nothing "grey" there.
If the modification of crossections of tires is a problem please feel free to discuss it with the
british teammanager and the british team. When you then come to a conclusion the british teammanger
can then discuss it with the other teammanagers in Riccione. At least I always go this way and it
works for me personally.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 01:41 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
641 Posts
..I too was not in Leipzig, but raced in Grenoble and in Lostallo.

I did not see anyone doing "special magic" to their tires, except for the huge step forward that we got from the Massari Inserts.
I know all I did to my tires was to balance them, and mount them on the Bike. And I don't think anyone of the 14 Guys that were faster than me was faster because he turned the sidewalls down..

But beside that - the problem is still how to control it. Before or after the Race? Where is the difference between a used tire (that might still work), and a "special prepared" tire?

But still, I'm with Edi. The rules for 2012 were fixed in Lostallo. We can discuss the rules for 2013 in Riccione, but not those for 2012..
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg