HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:17 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
This season everybody was buying motors testing and cooking them by the dozens.
Now its come to a new level: youre buying motors and making tires and then throwing
them into the bin without having to ride it.....
I luv watching this

You said long time ago, SuperBike is much cheaper then StockBike

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Personally, fix the motor is a waste of time. Let say every 13.5T motor is good, if this has fix timing. Fix the ESC make sense since due to the turbo-timing tricks some ESC squeeze more power from the motor then others.

pps: About cheating control ... it is damn trivial ... for brushless motor it is possible to buy a KV, RPM reader for few bucks ... it take only few seconds to test a motor ... only need is to have a "standard" plug between ESC and Motor ... like the 3.5mm gold connectors are.
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:27 AM
Joined Apr 2007
469 Posts
Elm,70....If you were in lostallo???????...you would know we are using a non turbo/timing/make yourtea/cook your breakfast esc......
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:32 AM
Österreich, Tir., Innsbruck-Land
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
pleas do not make more discussions about the Reglement for the Worlds

we have voted for:

Speedpassion "Cirtix STOCK CLUB RACE" ESC
Speedpassion 13.5R  3.0 MMM (if it is available) – and it IS available
two sets of 200 cuts

It is like it is

if it is good or bad, it is the same for everybody

pleas make your and our system to get a Reglement not ridiculous

regardless of the discussion about the regulations.
We should not decide between MMM and sportsman.
Who knows the two motors, knows that a great qualitative difference is worth much more than € 30, -

Aaron

PS:
by tomorrow I'll find a dealer who offers the new combo at around € 130.-- to € 140.--
Aaron K. is offline Find More Posts by Aaron K.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:39 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
Elm,70....If you were in lostallo???????...you would know we are using a non turbo/timing/make yourtea/cook your breakfast esc......
I could not be in Lostallo, but I may come to Riccione next year.

BTW Wasn't free the ESC in stock ? Only rule was 17.5T motor .. that was almost as fast as the Edi Lehner 1920

Anyhow ... in Riccione in case, I will go SuperBike, so I can use my old RC bits at no extra cost ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Anyhow, the combo suggested by Andrea, now it cost only around 80 euros (ESC+Motor) ... so almost like 2 train of tyres, a bit more then the race registration ... so ... if can be confirmed availability for everybody ... at the end it is not a bad decision ... 80 euro at the end are almost nothing for people that are going to race the World.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:57 AM
Joined Aug 2009
51 Posts
Hello guys
I try to explain to all of my concept!!

CURRENTLY THE RULES OF THE STOCKS ARE THOSE DETERMINED TO Lostallo

- summary
MMM Motor Speed ​​Passion 13.5
Citrix regulator
Cut Tires 200
No front brake
weight 1.9kg

Hopefully these are new ideas.

1 - I'm not trying to change the rules that we voted in Lostallo during the meeting of team managers, I try to refine the regulation even more to give the possibility to make it as perfect as possible.

2 - the return of the motor is fixed to the lower cost by about 50% compared all'MMM, but especially on the impossibility to open and edit it to make it more efficient.

3 - I have said many times to wait for the purchase of the engine because it was in talks with the Italian importer.

4 - do not take any personal decision, I want you to decide which category best choice for stocks.

I apologize if some Italian phrases translated into English are not perfectly
selvAndrea is offline Find More Posts by selvAndrea
Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:51 AM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
the combo suggested by Andrea, now it cost only around 80 euros (ESC+Motor) ... so almost like 2 train of tyres, a bit more then the race registration ... so ... if can be confirmed availability for everybody ... at the end it is not a bad decision ... 80 euro at the end are almost nothing for people that are going to race the World.
can you tell me please.
where the hell did you see that?

I would recommend this to anyone, you can sell the motor and you have the cheapest "Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC" in the world.

Please stay with truths.
Some people reading this and believe it.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:59 AM
Joined Sep 2011
34 Posts
See here Aaron:

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...5ia6nclnl29on6

It corresponds to roughly 70 Euros. Ofcourse there is shipping etc...
Foodie is offline Find More Posts by Foodie
Old Sep 13, 2011, 04:08 AM
Joined Apr 2007
469 Posts
And if we buy 50 combos,might even get them for 50euro,s!!!!!!!

Come on Aaron get on the phone!!!!!!

(this is just a joke by the way,as some people seem to be losing there sense of humour)
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Sep 13, 2011, 04:16 AM
Joined Feb 2007
259 Posts
As Aaron says, the rules for 2012 were fixed in Lostallo.

The only point to decide was between a SP MMM and a SP13.5R V3 if i m not wrong. We NEVER told about the sportman. So this point is still pending till the final decision of Andrea. I m sorry Thomas, the motor was pending as we told in Lostallo.

We told about a combo cost (around 120 euros) there, but the MMM cost much more than expected. It 's a shame for the idea of keeping the stock class cost as low as possible. But if the final decision is a MMM, we will do with it.

About tires, i m really surprised about the wear of the front tire. Many of us were racing with 200 cut in superbike 2008 in Spain with 54 degrees on the track. The stock class doesn't use front brake, and it runs slower than a superbike, so i m thinking about two possibilities. You are using the wrong insert, or you are abusing with the lean angle. The decision was to use a unique tire for all conditions, rain, sun, with a volontary limited grip (against slick grip) to make this category more tricky.

We can't make rules to adapt on bike brand, or to adapt to the organizer driving style. The difficulty is the same for all, and the race strategy is your own problem. You want to go fast, you can, but you have to keep your tires in good conditions during all the event.

The 2012 are fixed except the motor at this moment, so the work now is for the right setup. Sure you ll have plenty of time Andrea to find it, you have began one year before me.
Manuspain is offline Find More Posts by Manuspain
Old Sep 13, 2011, 04:30 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodie View Post
See here Aaron:

Unfortunately the Stock ESC is out of Stock now

Else I'm sure it could be get directly from Speed Passion shop for around 79$ or less ... this is a current combo similar to the stock: http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...28022RTR&c=CMB it cost only 72$

Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
And if we buy 50 combos,might even get them for 50euro,s!!!!!!!

Come on Aaron get on the phone!!!!!!

(this is just a joke by the way,as some people seem to be losing there sense of humour)
I think 50€ is not a joke, I'm quite sure it is really possible.

But at the moment, what is looking the biggest problem is the availability of these ESC and Motor ... that's a common problem when rules are tight to a single motor and single ESC

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Sep 13, 2011, 05:00 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,105 Posts
Please dont misundersand the following golden words I have to contribute now....

This is better than I imagined I just went and made myself another coffee.
Before I wet my pants laughing or even worse start fondling myself in excitement:
I think I should suggest that the teammanagers all together carry on this discussion between themselves.
or at least in a seperate Thread.

As far as I understand the rules were supposed to be fixed in Lostallo for
2 years. With the quite simple points declared here by Andrea:
Citrix regulator
Cut Tires 200
No front brake
weight 1.9kg

I thought this was a good advance and give all our beginners a little
safety for the future cutting cost and making it attractive for them.

Nobody asked me and I wouldnt have said anything to this topic
because I dont race Stock"my little pony"class

None the less my not so serious preference would have been:
1.)either no crashbars or you have to use crashbars BUT the overall width has to be at least 90% of the narrowest part of the track.
2.)Bike weight is NOT allowed to be 1900g +/- 500g . Who fails to meet this has to drive in opposite direction in the next run.
3.)Rubber band motor. If the band rips and flicks in your face you have to wear a clowns hat the rest of the worlds.
4.)nightracing with solarcells instead of Lipos or 3x VARTA CR 2032 giving a powerfull 9V.
5.)of course WITH a front brake but you are not allowed to use the ESC brake.
6.)Stock drivers have to dress themselves with a profiled tire. They can use it as nosering, earring, hat or.... wherever. What hardness is left to their personal taste. But it has to be a black tire.....
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Sep 13, 2011, 05:10 AM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodie View Post
See here Aaron:

ok you're right
but
the price is for Hong Kong
in the EU (or ohter) is still there:
penalty import tariff
shipping
tax

about the guarantee I will not speak at all
same story again
but circuit so!
__________________________________________________ ___________
again
believe me when I say
these two motors can not be compared

the "MMM" is a Proffessionnal competition engine.
the "Sportsman" is a motor for toys

even if the "Sportsman" will withstand the loads permanently
than the production differences between the engines are very large
the Sportsman is not made ​​for competition.

and accurately in this case it is again expensive.
then you need a minimum of 10 engines to figure the best out.

I know what I am talking about.

Aaron
Old Sep 13, 2011, 05:20 AM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Please dont misundersand the following golden words I have to contribute now....

This is better than I imagined I just went and made myself another coffee.
Before I wet my pants laughing or even worse start fondling myself in excitement:
I think I should suggest that the teammanagers all together carry on this discussion between themselves.
or at least in a seperate Thread.

As far as I understand the rules were supposed to be fixed in Lostallo for
2 years. With the quite simple points declared here by Andrea:
Citrix regulator
Cut Tires 200
No front brake
weight 1.9kg

I thought this was a good advance and give all our beginners a little
safety for the future cutting cost and making it attractive for them.

Nobody asked me and I wouldnt have said anything to this topic
because I dont race Stock"my little pony"class

None the less my not so serious preference would have been:
1.)either no crashbars or you have to use crashbars BUT the overall width has to be at least 90% of the narrowest part of the track.
2.)Bike weight is NOT allowed to be 1900g +/- 500g . Who fails to meet this has to drive in opposite direction in the next run.
3.)Rubber band motor. If the band rips and flicks in your face you have to wear a clowns hat the rest of the worlds.
4.)nightracing with solarcells instead of Lipos or 3x VARTA CR 2032 giving a powerfull 9V.
5.)of course WITH a front brake but you are not allowed to use the ESC brake.
6.)Stock drivers have to dress themselves with a profiled tire. They can use it as nosering, earring, hat or.... wherever. What hardness is left to their personal taste. But it has to be a black tire.....
Thanks Edi

I thought no one comes to the conclusion that these discussions are ridiculous.

the rules are fixed so stop to debate on.

I will, in any case!!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:28 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Apr 2007
198 Posts
Quote:

I'm thinking this is the best option put forward so far.

Peter
Pedro51 is offline Find More Posts by Pedro51
Old Sep 14, 2011, 02:42 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Unfortunately the Stock ESC is out of Stock now

Else I'm sure it could be get directly from Speed Passion shop for around 79$ or less ... this is a current combo similar to the stock: http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...28022RTR&c=CMB it cost only 72$

I think 50€ is not a joke, I'm quite sure it is really possible.

But at the moment, what is looking the biggest problem is the availability of these ESC and Motor ... that's a common problem when rules are tight to a single motor and single ESC

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Well I was looking at this combo and its available right now.. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tor-Combo-135T

I really don't care what the decision is on the motor, when that happens then I'll buy it, but for now I want something I can use to test with and buy the offical regulation motor later,.. whenever that is...
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi