SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:53 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,770 Posts
Where did you get the HeliCox unit and what was the price, can you post a link please?
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:00 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
The cost was only $98.00 from http://www.hobby-wing.com/index.html. It did come with everything. On the site it says G-box sold sepreately.
IFHELI is online now Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:12 PM
Kou
Andover,MA.,USA
Joined Aug 2001
736 Posts
Fine Tuning the GYS

Beenflying, I note that you mention there is hidden features to fine tune the GYS, it is accessible but everyone of it is special version of firmware for you ? The reason I ask is that I just got the SJGD VBar. It is hard to set up but once it is done, the tail is rock solid and I like the fact that I can tweak different parameters. For example, my setting for the Aileron and the Elevator are different so I like to have those setting available.

Any information is appreciated.

MK
Kou is offline Find More Posts by Kou
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:36 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brubache View Post
Well tonite the build starts. Got my ALZRC Pro Super Combo with metal upgrades for the batt etc. Sadly they neglected to put my motor and esc in the box... oh well. Should be fun regardless. Reports to follow of the ALZRC Pro Super Combo with the Flybarless unit!
How's the build going, I was thinking of buying the combo to and was wondering what may need to be replaced or up graded during the build so I can order all one time?
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:00 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
How's the build going, I was thinking of buying the combo to and was wondering what may need to be replaced or up graded during the build so I can order all one time?
Going well! Please follow it here if you like!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525289
Brubache is offline Find More Posts by Brubache
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:15 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
All....I got two USPS slips in the mailbox today. I know one is this gyro but I didn't expect the LH GY520 to come too. Will now put the GY520 on the V2 and build the FBL setup after I come back from vacation a week from now. Keep the good info coming all. Hopefully traffic isn't too bad to go to the Post Office after work.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:30 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
My HeliCox TG-1 arrived today and the instruction are basicly word for word as the 3GYS. The Gyro itself is the same size also but G-box is smaller. Here`s a few pics. I have bought the KDS EBAR, ALZRC, and the HeliCox. I have only test hover the KDS unit. Mine is working fine so far. I have the KDS in a Trex 450 belt drive heli w/ Quad head & Quad tail.
Exciting...

can we get a comparison of the flight characteristics and ease of setup for the three systems you got?
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Oct 22, 2011, 02:43 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
I've flown the Ebar and the 3GYS. For my style of flying I prefer the way the 3GYS flies (smooth and stable).

Movement of the tail at center stick is a little better with the Ebar. The 3GYS doesn't seem to allow as slow a movement as the Ebar. The Ebar tail on the 450 felt loose in flight and when you increased the gain it started to do a slow wag. I couldn't get the tail how I would have liked it. The 3GYS was soft but locked on beginner and very solid on Extreme. No sign of any wag.

The setup of the 3GYS and Helicox, I would imagine would be near identical. The Ebar has minor differences, but still takes about the same amount of time to setup. The Ebar has more lines on the display, but I prefer the backlight display of the 3GYS and the additional functions the programmer has (servo tester and battery monitor).

With the 3GYS, both the gyro case and programmer box are metal. For the Ebar, both are plastic.

Plus my Ebar has had to be returned to China for repair and I've seen a youtube video where I asked the pilot why he changed from Ebar to BeastX and he reply that the Ebar broke and was being repaired. The 3GYS is still going strong.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Oct 23, 2011, 02:26 AM
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I've flown the Ebar and the 3GYS. For my style of flying I prefer the way the 3GYS flies (smooth and stable).

Movement of the tail at center stick is a little better with the Ebar. The 3GYS doesn't seem to allow as slow a movement as the Ebar. The Ebar tail on the 450 felt loose in flight and when you increased the gain it started to do a slow wag. I couldn't get the tail how I would have liked it. The 3GYS was soft but locked on beginner and very solid on Extreme. No sign of any wag.

The setup of the 3GYS and Helicox, I would imagine would be near identical. The Ebar has minor differences, but still takes about the same amount of time to setup. The Ebar has more lines on the display, but I prefer the backlight display of the 3GYS and the additional functions the programmer has (servo tester and battery monitor).

With the 3GYS, both the gyro case and programmer box are metal. For the Ebar, both are plastic.

Plus my Ebar has had to be returned to China for repair and I've seen a youtube video where I asked the pilot why he changed from Ebar to BeastX and he reply that the Ebar broke and was being repaired. The 3GYS is still going strong.
thanks beenflying. That's some great info.

I recognize the tail problem around center stick. I've seen it with one of those $14 Chinese GY240 clones. When I tried really slow yaw movement, the gyro didn't seem to recognize it as legitimate stick input and snaped the tail right back to the original position. It was truly annoying since I do mostly sports flying which does require for me small, slow tail adjustments to get proper tracking in FFF pretty much after every trick maneuver.

Too bad . I was really excited about the 3GYS: great price, great reviews so far. Personally, I think charging $300+ for a 3-axis gyro is ridiculous
Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:41 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
thanks beenflying. That's some great info.

I recognize the tail problem around center stick. I've seen it with one of those $14 Chinese GY240 clones. When I tried really slow yaw movement, the gyro didn't seem to recognize it as legitimate stick input and snaped the tail right back to the original position. It was truly annoying since I do mostly sports flying which does require for me small, slow tail adjustments to get proper tracking in FFF pretty much after every trick maneuver.

Too bad . I was really excited about the 3GYS: great price, great reviews so far. Personally, I think charging $300+ for a 3-axis gyro is ridiculous
No the tail doesn't do that. I'm talking about very slow tail movement. It just wont move the tail left and right as slowly as the Ebar. It's not noticeable when sport flying or 3D flying.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:39 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
Dr.M,

I have only been able to do one test hover w/ the KDS Ebar. The other two are now installed but have not been in the air yet. The EBAR to me is the easiest one to setup. The GYS was a breeze just afew more steps. The Helicox was a pain for me at first. I could not follow straight through instruction as I had done on the GYS. I had to make sure servos were moving in correct direction first. Then I went back to beginning of instruction and the setup was breeze. After getting the wiring right on Helicox I used the GYS instruction.

One thing I like about the HeliCox unit is that the swash tuning and tail tuning menus are still avaliable and not hidden as on the GYS.

I just recieved the Tarot ZYX tonight.
IFHELI is online now Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:50 AM
Joined Aug 2011
21 Posts
my 3gys combo arrived today. $93US plus shipping cant wait to test it.
kingjedix is offline Find More Posts by kingjedix
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:29 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Gosh, gyro and programmer for $93. Can I ask where from?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:29 AM
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Thanks, ifheli.

And +1 on the source of that $93 Gys
Old Oct 25, 2011, 05:01 AM
Joined Aug 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Gosh, gyro and programmer for $93. Can I ask where from?
i try the old rc711 coupon for 20% discount for all alzrc parts thats fortunately include the gyro.
kingjedix is offline Find More Posts by kingjedix