HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:13 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,347 Posts
I also saw the Clubheli FBL head for the 450 as well. It includes the swashplate for 36 dollars and they are in the states (PA)..
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Last edited by ridge_racer; Oct 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:25 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
ALZRC 3GYS Setup 1

Firstly setup a new model in the Tx. This needs to be a single (1) servo 90 degree type helicopter with no mixing. In some Tx's this is known as H1 or HR1.

Make sure all of your subtrims and trims are set to zero/center.

Here's my Tx model setup (click to enlarge):
Name: DSC03139.jpg
Views: 110
Size: 196.6 KB
Description:
Name: DSC03140.jpg
Views: 97
Size: 191.0 KB
Description:

Note: Don't connect any servos to the 3GYS at this time. This is because the servo type has not been set yet.

Power up the transmitter and the helicopter, and when ready plug in the data cable to the 3GYS. The program box backlighting will come on and it will download the current parameters from the 3GYS. When completed the display will show "Basic setup".
Name: IMAG0111.jpg
Views: 60
Size: 163.0 KB
Description:

The menu structure works by using up and down to scroll the menus and enter to select it. Back is used to exit out of a select menu.

Enter is used to edit a value and back is used to accept the change. Enter does nothing when a value is selected for editing and there is no way to abort the change. You must set it back to where it was and then press back.

Press ENTER to select Basic setup. The display will now show "Monitor". Press ENTER again to select Monitor mode.
Name: DSC03120.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 192.5 KB
Description:

Note: make sure your throttle stick is at mid position or pitch is locked at 0.

1/ The screen shows the 4 channel positions from the receiver (A: Aileron channel, E: Elevator channel, R: Rudder channel, C: Collective channel). The aim is to use subtrim to get all channels to read 0 and the Tx reversing to get all of the direction indicators (L, R, U & D) working the correct way. You can use these direction indicators to find the exact center by watching them change i.e. L <-> R or U <-> D. Remember that U stands for up stick and not up elevator.

Note: make sure only one channel number changes when you move a stick up/down/left/right. If more than one channel number changes you still have some mixing enabled and this will need to be corrected.

2/ Now you need to use the EPA's to get the range correct. Each channel should display 100 when the TX stick is moved to full travel. If it's less than 100, increase the channels EPA value until it reads 100.

The above two steps will ensure that the stick travel is equal in both directions. I would also point out that these two steps are optional, and do not affect how the 3GYS flies, other than perhaps resolution, if you don't set the EPAs and the full travel is less than 100. The 3GYS learns the center stick at power up and most would not notice the slight difference in stick travel.

3/ Now press the DOWN/DATA- to see the gyro gain channel. An A or a N is displayed after the G: (gain) to indicate what mode the tail gyro is in (A for (AVCS) heading hold and N for (Normal) rate mode).

4/ Set your Tx for a gain of around 36 in heading hold mode (A). This is done by adjusting the gyro gain channel or the Aux channel, depending on your setup.
Name: DSC03123.jpg
Views: 58
Size: 179.7 KB
Description:

I haven't figured out what the "Condition: 1" is yet. It says in the manual that there are two sets of parameters but I haven't found out where you can select them. Best to ignore it for now.

5/ Press BACK to exit Monitor mode.

That's all that's required for the monitor screen and that's most of the Tx setup done as well.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Oct 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:25 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,347 Posts
Hey beenflying...Just tracked a few of the items I ordered recently. In a nut shell, I believe I will receive the ALZRC 3 axis gyro and ALZRC FBL heli first. I have an HK450V2 waiting for my LH520 gyro but that's going through the swiss post. I'll just use this gyro for the tail only on the FB 450V2 until I get my order from HobbyKing with the electronics for the FBL 450.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:48 AM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Wow! Ordered Friday. Due to be delivered to me today Monday! Now thats some unreal shipping from HK to Canada!
Brubache is offline Find More Posts by Brubache
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:27 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,635 Posts
Does this box work on a Trex 250, does it hold the tail ok? I'm liking the prices
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:20 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Just landed on my door step. First impressions:

Nice box. The gyro unit itself is VERY well built. Solid metal case and feels well put together. The programming unit is all metal and very nice. Includes programming cable and some gyro pads. The unit is also very compact, smaller than my Mini Vbar. No instruction in the box.

Now waiting for the rest of my package
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:10 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brubache View Post
Wow! Ordered Friday. Due to be delivered to me today Monday! Now thats some unreal shipping from HK to Canada!
Nice...Did you use EMS shipping??
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:05 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Gosh, I just fitted the Align 3GX (that came off the 450 Pro, that now has the 3GYS) on the Align 450 Sport (using the new v1.2 beta firmware and Leon Luke's settings), and it flew absolutely terrible.

The 3GYS flies so much better and without the complexity of all the PC settings to try and get it to fly right.

I can't wait to hear what others here think about it.

@Pigs dont fly, I don't think anyone has tried it on a 250 yet. I was going to get one for my 250 but I thought I would hold off and allow others to get one first. I'm also not sure what head to use. I have the Align SE black head at the moment and all of the 250 FBL heads are silver. I also hear they are very soft aluminum, as well.

The FBL conversion kit is quite cool, but it still leaves you with trailing edge control, which I not sure is the best. I'm hoping ALZRC will bring out a 250 FBL head in black and silver.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:08 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Nice...Did you use EMS shipping??
RC711 ems shipping did an auto upgrade to DHL Express Oh ya!

Really looking forward to compare to my Vbar!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:24 AM
Joined Feb 2008
1 Posts
Hi All

This is HK-Parts . We rarely speak here, but some of the necessary let you know

The 3GYS manual has been translated . Because of ALZRC is not have official English version of the manual. we get to help a senior electronics engineer, he understand RC heilcopter operation, because he is also RC pilots. Therefore HK-parts to invite him to help translate. If you find that your 3GYS no English manual, Regardless purchased of store where. You can also use this manual to setup your 3GYS. You can also download from our facebook page get the latest version and we will update if necessary. http://www.facebook.com/pages/HK-Par...65542893501820

We are grateful David to help here . his is electronic engineer from New Zealand, is are really great man. Helpfulness!!!

Cheers
HK-Parts wish you a happy flight
hkpartscom is offline Find More Posts by hkpartscom
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:21 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post

@Pigs dont fly, I don't think anyone has tried it on a 250 yet. I was going to get one for my 250 but I thought I would hold off and allow others to get one first. I'm also not sure what head to use. I have the Align SE black head at the moment and all of the 250 FBL heads are silver. I also hear they are very soft aluminum, as well.

The FBL conversion kit is quite cool, but it still leaves you with trailing edge control, which I not sure is the best. I'm hoping ALZRC will bring out a 250 FBL head in black and silver.
Thanks beenflying..I guess I could flip the grips over, I did that already on the flybarred version..it fly's nicer
I keep looking at the 'V1' badge though, is there any facility for re-flashing with newer firmware later on down the line? Knowing my luck its locked down and they'll release an new version just as this one arrives in my postbox.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:28 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpartscom View Post
Hi All

This is HK-Parts . We rarely speak here, but some of the necessary let you know

The 3GYS manual has been translated . Because of ALZRC is not have official English version of the manual. we get to help a senior electronics engineer, he understand RC heilcopter operation, because he is also RC pilots. Therefore HK-parts to invite him to help translate. If you find that your 3GYS no English manual, Regardless purchased of store where. You can also use this manual to setup your 3GYS. You can also download from our facebook page get the latest version and we will update if necessary. http://www.facebook.com/pages/HK-Par...65542893501820

We are grateful David to help here . his is electronic engineer from New Zealand, is are really great man. Helpfulness!!!

Cheers
HK-Parts wish you a happy flight
Thanks for the kind words. It's very good of you to release your English manual for the 3GYS, for everyone to use. I'm sure it will be a big help to many, as it will make setting up the 3GYS much easier. Thank you!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:36 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Well tonite the build starts. Got my ALZRC Pro Super Combo with metal upgrades for the batt etc. Sadly they neglected to put my motor and esc in the box... oh well. Should be fun regardless. Reports to follow of the ALZRC Pro Super Combo with the Flybarless unit!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:36 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly View Post
Thanks beenflying..I guess I could flip the grips over, I did that already on the flybarred version..it fly's nicer
I keep looking at the 'V1' badge though, is there any facility for re-flashing with newer firmware later on down the line? Knowing my luck its locked down and they'll release an new version just as this one arrives in my postbox.
I'm not sure what it would require to flash the firmware, but I did note the led status in the manual that says "Gyro in firmware upgrade mode". So it must be possible.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:44 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
My HeliCox TG-1 arrived today and the instruction are basicly word for word as the 3GYS. The Gyro itself is the same size also but G-box is smaller. Here`s a few pics. I have bought the KDS EBAR, ALZRC, and the HeliCox. I have only test hover the KDS unit. Mine is working fine so far. I have the KDS in a Trex 450 belt drive heli w/ Quad head & Quad tail.
IFHELI is online now Find More Posts by IFHELI