HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I wish they would have given some information on it but not hard to tell whats good or bad. It`s show a chart/graph for main rotor and tail rotor and gives RPM. Then has green,yellow,red lines at rpm readings.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
An additional problem with stainless gear is that threadlock doesn't really work. So if you use a ss FS with ss screws, chances are you're gonna get a blade grip fly off in flight.
in old days, if two surface are passive metal like stainless steel, you have to apply primer fiirst before put threadlocker on.

Now, we have new loctite 243 that can use for passive metal without use of primer or activator. It has improved oil tolerance resistant and temp resistant up to 180F.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old May 14, 2012, 05:27 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
I just want to confirm this with others. With the new 0.97a update, my 3GY unit now has a green blink on the #2 led along with the blue solid light when in flight/operational mode. It is not a constant blink, justa once in a while thing.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old May 14, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
Mine has been doing it since the upgrade also.
Old May 14, 2012, 06:07 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
This is a test with no main or tail blades. My question is - how does it determine RPM? These are the highest at the given throttle points.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I wish I knew the answer to that question.....They need to release some information on how it is working.
Old May 14, 2012, 06:34 PM
What goes up, must come down..
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Sep 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
This is a test with no main or tail blades. My question is - how does it determine RPM? These are the highest at the given throttle points.
Any chance on moving the Robird G31 FBL convo to a dedicated thread? Getting confused on which gyro we're talkin' about ;-)
ZeroPitch is offline Find More Posts by ZeroPitch
Old May 14, 2012, 06:52 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPitch View Post
Any chance on moving the Robird G31 FBL convo to a dedicated thread? Getting confused on which gyro we're talkin' about ;-)
I've actually been thinking the same.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post21613681
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by boredom.is.me; May 14, 2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old May 14, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,328 Posts
You guys have been busy...lol...ok let me finally flash this new firmware as well since I have been at work all these past days. Going forward I will use the new thread for anymore updates.
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old May 16, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
I understand that now that they have the V2 of rhe 3gy fbl system, The ALZRC 450 fbl super combo doesn't include the programing box in the combo any more?
Does the programing box suits the new V2 fbl system?
I'm about to buy the ALZRC 450 super combo these days, is the programing box is a must have (to order seperatly or is it manageable with the PC?
Friman is offline Find More Posts by Friman
Old May 16, 2012, 06:12 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
No need for a box. It doesn't have the same plug either which might mean it isn't compatible.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652630
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Is the new 3gy system is better than Tarot's zyx..? Thinking aconomicaly, both helis cost preatty much the same for the super combi but the Tarot fbl system is cheaper in case I'll want one for my 500 as well. Does the new Alzrc 3gy worth her higher price?
And What are the main upgrades from the old 3gys fbl system?

edit - reading more and more about the new 3gy fbl system, I get the impression that this is not an upgraded fbl system but a complete new and different system, isn`t it?
Friman is offline Find More Posts by Friman
Last edited by Friman; May 17, 2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old May 16, 2012, 11:39 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
I'm still learning how to setup helis, but I don't see anything wrong with it so far.

Please lets separate the 3GY discussion.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652630
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Aug 2011
94 Posts
Here goes a small video testing the helicox unit on a windy day.....

450 Class - Setting up 3G Helicox TG-1 in a windy day Anfiteatro por do sol (1 min 52 sec)

I guess it tracks pretty good.

pilotonovato is offline Find More Posts by pilotonovato
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:44 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
First time setting up the G31 gyro. All the setup seems fine except the ruder limit setup.

[Never mind, I did not check it properly]
1) In the Setup Guide -> 8 Tail & Cyclic Limit, I set the rudder left and right limit using the slider without mechanical binding. But after I click save, finish and disconnect usb cable, I still have a lot of travel and hitting the limit at less than half of the stick movement, it seems the gyro does not "remember" the setting. Did I setup anything wrong or it is something wrong with the gyro ?

2) In the setup instruction, the radio should have linear throttle and pitch curve, but after setting up, It seems I still have to enter the normal throttle and pitch curve, for example pitch from -1 to +9 ?

Thank you
GoElectric is offline Find More Posts by GoElectric
Last edited by GoElectric; Dec 07, 2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Question 1) solved !