HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
Ottawa Canada
Joined Feb 2004
810 Posts
Hi Billy thanks for the Season Greetings Card

I guess I got prefered customer status with Billy as I got this in the mail today!
Ken Park is offline Find More Posts by Ken Park
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:17 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,653 Posts
LMAO That is just great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park View Post
I guess I got preferred customer status with Billy as I got this in the mail today!
BILLYDSRC is offline Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:35 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,653 Posts
Pre orders

HI All, Just want to give all my Viper buddy's a heads up. I will be putting in a order for more 90mm Vipers. If there is a paint scheme you want now is the time to put your order in. You can email me at sales@usarcjets.com
Thanks Billy D
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, NY
Joined Sep 2012
194 Posts
Main gear door

Just curious if any one has used a single servo to open both main gear doors
I am currently at this stage of building and it would seem that 1 hs 85 with a wheel control arm should do the trick ...Yet from post photos i have seen 1 servo for each door. Im trying to keep weight down as well as cost. Also ALL my servos are removable that also adds weight. Starting to worry about cg issues
Any suggestions helpful
Thanks mic
miclacom is offline Find More Posts by miclacom
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:34 PM
Just an Earth bound misfit - I
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
Mate of mine is doing just that Mic and I will be doing the same shortly. Just don't have any pics right now but it's do-able. Mine is going aft of the main gear doors, up against the wing spare tube and will sit on a small block of ply to stand the servo off just enough for the arm and linkage to clear the door opening. Hardest part about this setup is getting the linkage geometry the same for both doors. May require some tweaking of linkages and lots of trail and error to get it right.

Probably why a lot of guys (with limited channels) use two servos and two ASSAN gear door sequencers. That way you can set the end points on each door, but like you - I want to keep the weight down.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
vanderbrander is offline Find More Posts by vanderbrander
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:35 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
891 Posts
The main gear doors are near CG so it shouldn't be that big a deal. The Viper can carry the extra weight of a gear door servo with no problem. That being said there is no reason a single servo wouldn't work as long as you can work out the linkages.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:05 PM
United States, NY
Joined Sep 2012
194 Posts
2E your absoolutly correct but just trying to keep devices servicable and removable in this space is to say the least somewhat quite tricky.CG came to mind because my whole bild has removable and not glue in devices. Im including hardware etc. It all adds up .
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:16 AM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
3,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miclacom View Post
2E your absoolutly correct but just trying to keep devices servicable and removable in this space is to say the least somewhat quite tricky.CG came to mind because my whole bild has removable and not glue in devices. Im including hardware etc. It all adds up .
Take a look at the main gear door servo installation phots i posted. I am using 2hs65mg servos and they are removable even with the fan installed. Very easy.
James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:40 AM
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined Mar 2008
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miclacom View Post
Just curious if any one has used a single servo to open both main gear doors
I am currently at this stage of building and it would seem that 1 hs 85 with a wheel control arm should do the trick ...Yet from post photos i have seen 1 servo for each door. Im trying to keep weight down as well as cost. Also ALL my servos are removable that also adds weight. Starting to worry about cg issues
Any suggestions helpful
Thanks mic
Yes, i used one servo to do my main gear doors with some helicopter links. I tried shoving my iphone into the plane the best i could to get a photo. Where the hinge attaches to the fuse i had to sand the opening around the hinge and then removed the lip. I also rounded the inside of my offset hinge to give me more movement. Last I belved the inside of my gear door at a 45deg angle where it meets the fuse so it would open easier. If you take your time its fairly easy to do and mine turned out really good. when the doors are closed they are perfectly flat with the fuselage. Works great with the ASSAN sequencer.
KenM is offline Find More Posts by KenM
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, NY
Joined Sep 2012
194 Posts
Thanks for the photo Ken
Nice job.Thats exactly what I had in mind and simple enough to install..
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:31 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jul 2006
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM View Post
Yes, i used one servo to do my main gear doors with some helicopter links. I tried shoving my iphone into the plane the best i could to get a photo. Where the hinge attaches to the fuse i had to sand the opening around the hinge and then removed the lip. I also rounded the inside of my offset hinge to give me more movement. Last I belved the inside of my gear door at a 45deg angle where it meets the fuse so it would open easier. If you take your time its fairly easy to do and mine turned out really good. when the doors are closed they are perfectly flat with the fuselage. Works great with the ASSAN sequencer.
Very nice installation. I was thinking along similar lines.
Thanks for the ideas, thanks for sharing

Chris
icicles is online now Find More Posts by icicles
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,653 Posts
Very Nice!! That is the same way that im doing it.. I will post pics later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM View Post
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:45 PM
RickyBoy
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
349 Posts
I did that ages ago.....and that Assan sequencer is awesome
RickyBoy49 is offline Find More Posts by RickyBoy49
Last edited by RickyBoy49; Dec 13, 2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:02 PM
United States, NY
Joined Sep 2012
194 Posts
Assan sequencer is out of stock and has been for quit some time at hk. I found this onehttphttp://http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/emo/emoemo1042.htm Has any one installed this. Seems reasonably priced just curios about reliablity and comparability to the assan. Im in the market and looking. Anyone??
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, NY
Joined Sep 2012
194 Posts
Sorry link did not go through
Try thishttp://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/emo/emoemo1042.htm