HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:45 AM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Discussion
FSK Warbirds

Thread for FlyingStyroKit wardbirds.

Post photos, videos, mods, paints, questions ...
FlyingStyroKit is offline Find More Posts by FlyingStyroKit
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:08 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,778 Posts
How have you improved on the fit of parts. FSK are beautiful looking kits, but where always let down by the fit of there components. I'm putting together you P51-B now.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=fsk

S/L Cechla, put a lot of time into spreading the word of FSK models (maybe too much), but the issues never seemed to get address. It would be great to know as the new owners of FSK you are making changes and improving on what is really the only area you need to IMO. Very nice models otherwise when build right.

S.
stuart warne is online now Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:55 AM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
We made many improvements. All kits are completely fitted. Every fuselage and every wing has its number and they are built together. We are testing all models with brushless engines, so we can reccomend the right engine. We have new better build instructions and many more... We prepare RFT kits for beginners in these days. I hope they will be ready in few weeks.

P-51B is great plane. We are working od D version also.
http://flyingstyrokit.rajce.idnes.cz.../#IMG_6269.jpg
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:02 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,778 Posts
That sounds promising. Can you explain what you mean by 'All kits are completely fitted', does this mean the wing is now joined and the horizonal/vertical stabs now come installed? I had some major problems with the tail plane of my P51B, had to remove the fairings completely and remove some of the foam to get the tail plane aligned.

Also do the firewalls come pre-installed now. That was always a problem with FSK models, having it align and install the firewall ourselves.

S.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:24 AM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Firewall is not installed, if we install firewall, we have tons of emails. If firewall is not install we have also tons of emails I don't know where is the compromise.

I mean that all parts are aligned. So no problem with spaces or removing foams. The wing is not joined and stabs are not installed, it's because the box will be very large and it increase shipping costs.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:25 AM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2009
724 Posts
Does this mean that FSK are now like Alfa? You get a model in a box where you basically attach the main wing with a screw and install the hardware? Are pushrods etc already fitted? Plastic parts cut, sanded and glued in place?
JonteSvensson is offline Find More Posts by JonteSvensson
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:35 AM
Sherbrooke Qc
Joined May 2006
2,298 Posts
Do you still have to cut out all the plastic pieces?
I know it may sound a little silly but I always found cutting that thin plastic to shape a real pain in the butt and I can never get a really nice clean edge to the cut (straight edges are OK...its the curves where I had trouble).

Nice P51D there.
Good luck with your planes. I am always impressed with how scale your kits look. You guys are still the only ones to do a really good looking De Havilland Mosquito.

Cheers Mike
Michael Richards is offline Find More Posts by Michael Richards
Last edited by Michael Richards; Aug 16, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:45 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,778 Posts
Ok, well I'm sure if you ask everyone here, they'd like the firewall pre-installed, as long as it does add to the price of the kit Glueing the wings together and the tail plane on was never a problem, it only when they didn't align and you'd have to cut the foam/remove the plastic to make it fit right (as I am now having to do with my old P51-b, and every FSK kit I built before that) that it becoms a real pain. If this is now corrected as you say, then I'd consider buying another FSK model, the AN-2 looks very nice, but I'd don't want to be the guinea pig. Jonte how about you buy one and let us all know how it goes

Mike makes a good point too, cutting the frame out gets very dull very quickly. Is it possible to have the canopy from one piece of clear plastic with the framing simply painted, like on every other model we've ever seen, or like how alfa supply there canopies for example.

S.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:04 AM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2009
724 Posts
I will perhaps consider buying one when it is proven that they can be assembled with ease. To expensive to give it a shot just for fun.

Will keep an eye on this thread. Looking forward to see the difference between old and new kits. Do the improvements apply to all FSK kits or is it a chance that one gets a model of the old standard when ordering?
JonteSvensson is offline Find More Posts by JonteSvensson
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:08 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,778 Posts
Agreed, its too much money to take a gamble, but it would be worth it I'm sure if they have indeed improved and I'd buy another once were certain it has. Sorry FSK, we don't mean to doubt you as new owners, its just that we've heard this promise before and it turned out to be false. The Hurricane for example, was said to be new and improved, but still had the same old issues as many FSK kits before it.

S.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:12 AM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
The plastic parts are the same like in past. I tell to our developers to think about it.

All kits are improved. We do not have the "old standard"
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:19 AM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne View Post
Agreed, its too much money to take a gamble, but it would be worth it I'm sure if they have indeed improved and I'd buy another once were certain it has. Sorry FSK, we don't mean to doubt you as new owners, its just that we've heard this promise before and it turned out to be false. The Hurricane for example, was said to be new and improved, but still had the same old issues as many FSK kits before it.

S.
It's very hard work to improve all models. It takes long time. But now it's finished.

Maybe someone said and promise improvements, it was too soon.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:22 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,778 Posts
I hope the developers do take it into consideration, it would be a worthwhile improvement. For those of us who might buy from anyone of your worldwide distributors, is there a way of telling old kits from new, just from the box. I mean will there be a new box design, or a label added, so they know they are getting a new version of FSK and not the old?

S.

Also, will you be adding instructions for the new standard FSK to your website? The website is nice BTW.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:24 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
I miss the Swift Racer. Is that one coming back?
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:32 AM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne View Post
I hope the developers do take it into consideration, it would be a worthwhile improvement. For those of us who might buy from anyone of your worldwide distributors, is there a way of telling old kits from new, just from the box. I mean will there be a new box design, or a label added, so they know they are getting a new version of FSK and not the old?

S.

Also, will you be adding instructions for the new standard FSK to your website? The website is nice BTW.
The new kits are in the new boxes. It's 5-ply cardboard box. We eliminated problems with some parcel services.

I tell to webmasters to speed up adding new instructions.