SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:14 PM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hello all,

Well I went to the field today with the Apache for some flying photo's but all went out a bit

When I took off with the Heli I noticed that there was less response on my rudder but sometime I have enough? so thats weird

But I was flying nearby to see the response on the tail and sudden I see a lot of smoke and fire from the bottom of the fuselage coming out of my new motor
I hit the horizontal mode ON from my helicommand and killed the throttle switch( and how I did it I do not know) but I bring here down in the field and run as a rabbit to the heli to unplug the battery's ASAP only a bit of smoke and nothing of the fuselage damaged noting

But the motor are burned see the photo's

Here the heli ready for take off,

And here the motor,

You can see the coper wire sticking out the motor and the burned windings.

Its a real disappointing that this happens because the motor performed just great.

But I'm very happy that my fuselage don't have any dent or scratch

Regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:29 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,770 Posts
What motor is that , brand?
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:15 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hello,

Its this motor,

http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...3&third_id=292

I think I was just one who has gotten a bad one as it performed just great before.

And I'm sure that Smartmodels don't sell it if they don't trust it

I have to tell you that when it go's wrong with the raised tail assembly what was my vault, I have received new gears totally free from Smartmodels

So I trust that we sort this problem out and already mentioned the fuselage has no damage at all.

I have build the gear out of the fuselage and back up as a pot and boom to find out the trouble I had with the tail and it seems that the linkage was shift a bit inside the fuselage, meaning the tailservo holder was not proper set anymore.
Now set proper and the tail stroke a bit increased its top again.

The tail assembly works great and building in and out the fuselage are done in less than 30 minutes.
Building up the pot and boom another 30 minutes, so I was flying again with a other (stock) motor a few hours later.
Recharging the battery's takes longer

Regards,

Jan,
Last edited by Horseman; Apr 09, 2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:43 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
Sorry for Jan . i have report to motor factory and this factory is one of the good factory for the motor like the ...Tuxxixy .. and some different good band name products , we are oem some special kv number from the factory , but this factory can replace you a new version and bigger !!! you will have a 3000Watt new version soon , so if you have time . open the motor and sent me the photo and i need sent to the factory to their enginner . let see what the happening . Smartmodel is a responsible company , no worry it ! but it is lucky you have no damage the fuselage . And Sorry to Jan !!so the new bigger power version i have 400/600/800 kv , which one you need ?
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:00 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
Ok! The factory free offer you a bigger and new version . it is 3000Watt and it is possible to let a 800-900 size heli in air , so factory free replace to you and smartmodel pay you the shipping . Hope you will happy again !
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:08 AM
Mini-Me is watching you...
Hemet, CA
Joined Aug 2010
512 Posts
Wow! Kin, I am really starting to notch you up to a pedastal height like I have Cliff from RC Aerodyne on. Outstanding customer service! That is the sort of thing I like to see when I buy things like this. When I am able to build my blackhawk, I know where I can going for the tail mechanics!
thenodemaster is offline Find More Posts by thenodemaster
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:43 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
Ok! The factory free offer you a bigger and new version . it is 3000Watt and it is possible to let a 800-900 size heli in air , so factory free replace to you and smartmodel pay you the shipping . Hope you will happy again !
Big thumbs up to you kin!!!!
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:51 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
I have working in China about 7-8 years in china and i have work in hobby is about 10 years at least . i seen many many factory products in china . but even the very good profit rate and selling fast item , i also choice very very carefully .and not easy to import a new band , i will vision it very long time and see their quality , factory background ,supporting , material import soucing , ...mnay factor to juge a good quality products . i have working with Japan company (Hxxobo. and JX company ) i am a QC and report and qualification the container order . so i have a special concept of the quality in the products , so this motor is one of the best motor i can say , it is not advertise , just i like their quality , but this time Jan is (lucky) to get a motor have problem . we never have this case before , i hope is the last !!! But we can offer replace it . it is one of the service we need offer !
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:43 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
Sorry for Jan . i have report to motor factory and this factory is one of the good factory for the motor like the ...Tuxxixy .. and some different good band name products , we are oem some special kv number from the factory , but this factory can replace you a new version and bigger !!! you will have a 3000Watt new version soon , so if you have time . open the motor and sent me the photo and i need sent to the factory to their enginner . let see what the happening . Smartmodel is a responsible company , no worry it ! but it is lucky you have no damage the fuselage . And Sorry to Jan !!so the new bigger power version i have 400/600/800 kv , which one you need ?

Hi Kin,

Thank you for your fast and kind reply and yes I'm more than happy with your response

I already said that I did not believe that you sell goods you do not trust so I'm indeed the lucky guy who has the faulty Monday morning motor
And real lucky that I was able to bring the heli down without a scratch

But I'm a lucky guy because I purchased it by a good company where quality and after sales are at the highest level I have seen that from you also with the raised tail then you send me a new one

Regarding the KV of the new motor, Please send the 600KV motor and can you tell me what kind of shaft it has? 5 or 6 mm.

I will open the motor and take some photo's of it and send them to you.

My address are in my PM to you.

Respect,

Jan,
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:58 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
you will take the new motor in monday !
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:05 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
you will take the new motor in monday !

Jan,
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Great to see youve had the fuse up in the air, sorry to hear about the motor! kin, i received your shipping order, looking forward to the motor arriving this week too!

For those following this thread, ive started one on the detailing and build process, you might find it helpful or even interesting?

heres the thread link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post21341432

enjoy!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Old May 02, 2012, 12:30 PM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hi,

Got the new motor today, will put it in the mechanics this weekend and see how it performs

Jan,
Old May 08, 2012, 07:43 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hi,

I have hover here with the new BIG motor and it works great
Head-speed 1250rpm 14pinion 170 main.
I can hover now with 8 cells 14 minutes with 78% throttle curve flat.
And 15% left in the 5000mA battery motor warm and the ESC 40degree battery 4 x 2 cells warm not hot.
Note: the fuselage was not attached with this test.

So it looks very promising.

Regards,

Jan,
Old May 14, 2012, 02:46 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
The Motor in this link : http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...3&third_id=293
RCG Plus Member