HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2012, 03:05 PM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have put in the four-blade head, set up the HC RIGID and have test flown here, I have two videos the first is the maiden with the FBL head but its mainly hovering in bad weather conditions,

Test flight Apache mechanic with T-REX 600 ESP (3 min 31 sec)

The second is from today with some better weather and a better video.

Test flight Apache mechanic 2.wmv (3 min 30 sec)

No problem at all with the gears and handling,

Regards and a happy New Year,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:20 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,759 Posts
What is your head speed?
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Jan 03, 2012, 02:47 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi Cap,

My head-speed are aprox 1150 rpm.

Regards,

Jan,
Old Jan 03, 2012, 04:47 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2009
1,050 Posts
That went well i know you will be glad when it's inside the fuselage
Bad Creation is offline Find More Posts by Bad Creation
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:17 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi All,

To support the tail boom I have fit the tail bracing and indeed the stock parts fits without a problem and the boom are supported better.

However (there seems to be always a however :blink: ) now the boom are supported better the raised tail starts wobbling and I mean the tail rotor head itself are the reason of that the hole in the center hub (where the tail shaft enters) are misalign a little. It was always that way but not noticed before in hover or flight.
Now after I have braced the boom it shows some shaking not bad but you can see it.

Yesterday it was very nice flying weather and not that cold with no wind, so I have take here to the field and let her go :laugh: first some careful and modest turns and slow flyby's and it feels good and I became more convenient and starting to see what she do when I starts to go faster and harder.
Well she can go fast and I mean fast and no wobbling or head shacking, or pitching Up or Down at all just having a real locked in feeling.
But she is heavy and with sharp hard turns she lost hight fast if you not react fast enough but after learned that behavior no problem anymore. And also no problem with the little shaking in the tail rotor.

The gear hold just right and I have greased the gears now and that works out well I believe there will be less wear now on the gears.
The second flight I lost sight and my complete orientation so I needed to flip the bailout function On (I have the HeliCommand RIGID) but I normally don't use the horizontal mode, however in this case I need it badly. And it save the day.
I was really lost here, because after hitting the bail out switch and giving hard pitch to get hight it took a few seconds to orientate myself how the position of the Heli was
And to get my hart back down out of my throat whaw that was a close call I can tell.

So after a wile flying with the HeliCommand horizontal mode on (fly also very nice but the turns are a bit forced and you need to fight the horizontal mode constant) and a new battery I started again with HC mode Off and it go's well after a few minutes.
The head speed are now 1250rpm and the battery/flight time is now only 8 minutes left so the four-blade set up with a higher head spin and not a modest kind flying style takes his load and the fuselage isn't fit yet.

So I'm wondering what she will do inside the fuselage and I'm considering to put her inside and looks how it go's.
The mechanic and setup looks OK so that is no reason anymore to delay the test in the fuselage.

And the Helicommand are a winner for sure

So far my findings,

Regards,

Jan,
Last edited by Horseman; Feb 07, 2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:54 AM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,469 Posts
Looks good Jan,

You should come along with Merlijn one day: we have no asphalt to take off from or land on, but also no highway close, and no parked trucks or streetlighting (metal poles, designed to be stronger than your rotorblades) in the immediate vincinity. Flew at your location and those damned poles made me nervous a couple of times.....

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:58 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,186 Posts
everything looking nice ! super !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:42 PM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi all,

I have flow her last weekend.
There was a bumpy wind but good enough to fly in, only sometimes I got a hand full to put her where I want her to be.
The first flight with a spy cam on her go just fine.
The second flight after a wile flying i noticed a power drop and at the same time my transmitter begins to signal me that the 8 minutes flight time where over.
But I was not able anymore to get her to the tarmac and was forced to put her down on the very rough soil.
I was able to land her horizontal but standing on one skid she can't at least not for long.
So she tilt over and hit the soil with the almost stopped main blades witch I pulled full up to bleed out the speed while throttle was cut.
The good story is nothing was broken or even bend
The battery was for sure drained 3% left but seems OK after I charged her.

I have a video from the first flight and when you hear to the engine noise you know enough (sometimes you need a video to learn from)

Its a high definition video and it take ages to upload so I will ad her later in this post.

Test flight Apache Attack helicopter mechanic with Spy cam 600 size (9 min 8 sec)

So I need to take a close look at my power set-up thats for sure.
I'm having already a lot of info from Kin last weekend but I'm not sure what to do already.

Kind regards,

Jan,
Last edited by Horseman; Feb 28, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:37 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,186 Posts
Keep the head speed in 1500-1600 rpm about (4 blades head).thottle curve is flat 85% .motor about 2000Watt .motor kv about 500-600 kv pinon gear 12-13 teeth . it is good combination !
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Feb 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:48 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi Kin,

If I go for your Motor http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...3&third_id=235

Put a 11 or more pinion on it with 8 or 10 sells I will have this problem solved?

I assume it will fit in a stock Align 600 size frame as you say its for 700 size.

Jan,
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:12 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Kin,

If I go for your Motor http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...3&third_id=235

Put a 11 or more pinion on it with 8 or 10 sells I will have this problem solved?

I assume it will fit in a stock Align 600 size frame as you say its for 700 size.

Jan,
I can sent you to fly first , payment later !
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:55 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi Kin,

As you put it this way I order it right now and will pay also.

Do you have also some pinions for it, 12 and 13 would be nice.
If you have put them with the motor and mail me for the extra costs.
I will order now.

Regards,

Jan,
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:59 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Just placed the order,

Jan,
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:00 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Kin,

As you put it this way I order it right now and will pay also.

Do you have also some pinions for it, 12 and 13 would be nice.
If you have put them with the motor and mail me for the extra costs.
I will order now.

Regards,

Jan,
the pinon gear also buy from Align or Mikado . but i will buy Align , it is 5 mm shaft . and free you one the parts in the top of the rotor head ! air sensor !
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Feb 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:14 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
the pinon gear also buy from Align or Mikado . but i will buy Align , it is 5 mm shaft . and free you one the parts in the top of the rotor head ! air sensor !
Great but how must I tell you this but I have the Radar dome/ air-sensor already from you (its looks great)

But a real nice offer you want to give me, but a wast if I have to put it aside and not going to use it.
So please don't get me wrong I do not want to offend you.

Respect,

Jan,
Last edited by Horseman; Feb 29, 2012 at 10:27 AM.