HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 28, 2012, 03:54 PM
Registered User
josereyes's Avatar
United States, WA, Steilacoom
Joined Nov 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi all,

Due of the link Bonechopper gives me I did some work,





And some weathering,





So far so good
Only the numbers etc still to do, but its almost ready now and then I can put in the mechanics
The cockpit will come also but not for now, I want to see here in the air first.

Regards,

Jan,
Awesome work.... On a second note.... Where did you get the Israeli marking decals?
josereyes is offline Find More Posts by josereyes
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:14 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Thanks Josereyes,

Well I made them myself, I have airbrushed them directly on the fuselage.
The S shape figure in the Tail I hand painted, I was a bit shaky but it turns out well

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:49 AM
Registered User
josereyes's Avatar
United States, WA, Steilacoom
Joined Nov 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Thanks Josereyes,

Well I made them myself, I have airbrushed them directly on the fuselage.
The S shape figure in the Tail I hand painted, I was a bit shaky but it turns out well

Jan,
Got it. I went ahead and made my own Israeli squadron tail insignia for my MD500 Tow Defender as water slide decals.
josereyes is offline Find More Posts by josereyes
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:53 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hello all,

I have put in the mechanics yesterday and the Heli looks very nice and today I took here in the air just for some hovering and little turns and it looks great.

Here some photo's of here but not yet some flying photo's.
they will come.







Regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:48 PM
Registered User
josereyes's Avatar
United States, WA, Steilacoom
Joined Nov 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hello all,

I have put in the mechanics yesterday and the Heli looks very nice and today I took here in the air just for some hovering and little turns and it looks great.

Here some photo's of here but not yet some flying photo's.
they will come.







Regards,

Jan,
Looks awesome, great job
josereyes is offline Find More Posts by josereyes
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:57 PM
Redjestird Youser
SidewaysLS4's Avatar
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
That's looking really nice...excellent work!
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:11 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,491 Posts
If looks could kill, Oh wait that could lol! Nice work!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
absolutely beautiful job jan, looks amazing! the weathering and decals look immaculate. VIDEO!!!!!! Im coming to holland (rotterdam/utrecht/groningen) for work in october im going to have to come visit and check this lady in flight!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
jan did you cut down your tail rotor length at all by any chance? i noticed when i put one of smartmodels new blades next to the blade grip so the hole was aligned, that the new blades are longer and would hit the smartmodel 600-800 size tail blades if spooled up.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:32 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
absolutely beautiful job jan, looks amazing! the weathering and decals look immaculate. VIDEO!!!!!! Im coming to holland (rotterdam/utrecht/groningen) for work in october im going to have to come visit and check this lady in flight!
Hi Jay,

Your more than welcome and Groningen is really nearby my home so that must happen

Regarding the tail blades, I did not need to shorten them But I still flying the black flexible blades because the promised swept blades are not ready yet.
I have made a video yesterday from its first official flight with the (almost) finished fuselage and it's a real beauty and a beast hanging in front of you with all arms
I had put on other tail rotor blades from a 700 class for more blast but it was to much so I put on the tail-blades from smart models and then it was just fine.

So the video is coming.

Regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jay,

Your more than welcome and Groningen is really nearby my home so that must happen

Regarding the tail blades, I did not need to shorten them But I still flying the black flexible blades because the promised swept blades are not ready yet.
I have made a video yesterday from its first official flight with the (almost) finished fuselage and it's a real beauty and a beast hanging in front of you with all arms
I had put on other tail rotor blades from a 700 class for more blast but it was to much so I put on the tail-blades from smart models and then it was just fine.

So the video is coming.

Regards,

Jan,
aha! ok i think i was sent 800 size tail blades and have been using them, and this is why i have tail governance issues in apache i guess. i though i may have a linkage rod rubbing, because when i turn left, the heli tail kicks around when it gets to about 90deg of the turn, i must have too much tail rotor length. i saw in you picutres you blades only have 3 notches (lines) on the tip, meaning they were cut down to 600 size before shipping, mine have 6 notches, so i will cut them down.

awesome...! i wish it was feasible to bring my apache with me to EU but unfortunately the only heli ill be taking away on tour is a blade mcpx. haha
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:29 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hi Jay,

You are on tour then in Holland, OK cool..

You ask for a video well I have it, even two

The first take of was OK but by the first turn I noticed blade stall on the tail I had put 700 size tail blades for more trust but that's to much so I had to bring here in really soon.

Maiden Apache Attack helicopter first go, 600 size (2 min 23 sec)


The second video with the scale blades are better.

Maiden Apache Attack helicopter after fitting the smaller tail blades (7 min 55 sec)


Have fun,

Its a real beast hovering in front of you or with a flyby

Now I need practice to get used at the weight and how to fly here gentle and still some what aggressive as the real ones can do.

Regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jay,

You are on tour then in Holland, OK cool..

You ask for a video well I have it, even two

The first take of was OK but by the first turn I noticed blade stall on the tail I had put 700 size tail blades for more trust but that's to much so I had to bring here in really soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFKYcTyHAk8&feature=plcp

The second video with the scale blades are better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD5ZlAbE43E&feature=plcp

Have fun,

Its a real beast hovering in front of you or with a flyby

Now I need practice to get used at the weight and how to fly here gentle and still some what aggressive as the real ones can do.

Regards,

Jan,
very Nice jan! she looks, sounds and behaves beautifully by the looks of it? it seemed in the second video your headspeed was a bit lower?

even though i cannot understand what you are saying, i can hear the releif/joy in your voice when she lands safely. very happy for you jan!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:33 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
very Nice jan! she looks, sounds and behaves beautifully by the looks of it? it seemed in the second video your headspeed was a bit lower?

even though i cannot understand what you are saying, i can hear the releif/joy in your voice when she lands safely. very happy for you jan!

Ha Ha , Yes I was glad and very happy that the second flight was as or even better than expected
I just need to get used to the weight of this heli and think more ahead what i want to do while flying...

The head speed was the same as with the first attempt but the noise was less because after swapping the 700 size tail-blades for the Smartmodels scale blades the noise was gone (the 700 size where to big)
Sounds the same issue with your experience with your own Apache I guess. If they are to big its becomes very twitchy on the tail and it sounds that the tail gear don't like it either but holding it.
With the smaller blades all feels and sounds just so much better.

I'm happy with the result, now I need to do some work at the cockpit and I think that I just have to start with it and go with the flow as you did with your cockpit. I also do not need a exact scale cockpit and yours look awesome as your hole Apache does.

I'm very interested about your findings with the Blackhawk you started as you know. Because I'm still considering what to do next after this Apache.

Regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Last edited by Horseman; Jul 05, 2012 at 04:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:07 AM
kin
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
Happy to see your flying is very nice and we have confident to make more parts and new system for customer . Very nice ! The motor is good i know , but it is not fit to Jay mechanic . so maybe make more choice for you Jay !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Smartmodel Apache AH64 + T-Rex 600 ESP Hummerfresse Scale Helicopters 33 Feb 18, 2012 12:47 PM
For Sale SYMA S009G AH-64 Apache 3 Channel Indoor Helicopter with Gyroscope $25.00 Shipped! Hellihawk Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 06, 2011 03:13 AM
Discussion 1st Look: HeliArtist 500 Size AH-64 Apache Fuselage BlackTitanium Scale Helicopters 18 Jan 16, 2010 03:14 AM
Rant AirHogs Reflex AH-64 3ch vs. other AH-64 Apache 3ch Sandbox\Hangar Jay-viator Micro Ready-to-Fly 56 Feb 01, 2009 04:21 PM
Video AH-64 Apache 450 size darthdrk Electric Heli Talk 3 Aug 07, 2008 12:37 AM