SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:41 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,094 Posts
Help!
Need help programmin radio and dont know where to plug servo leads in

I have the TREXX600 and i need help programming my radio for it and if someone can send me their programming that would be great! I also dont know where to put the servo ends into my reciver. I need help ASAP! My email is flytmac90@aim.com if you can help me!
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:51 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Please be specific as to what rx, futaba or spektrum/jr or another brand. Reason - futaba used number to assign the channels while spektrum/jr listed the name of the channel on the rx.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:59 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,727 Posts
Don't try to use someone else's programming. It is not very likely to work out unless they have the same radio, the same brand of servos, and model, the same motor and esc, the same gyro, etc. Otherwise you are just as likely to spool up and drill it into the ground as you are for it to fly. Different brands of servo will sometimes turn in the opposite direction, so they need to be run in reverse. Gyro's the same way, depending on the combination of gyro and tail servo, you may need to reverse the gyro, the servo, or both. You have no way of knowing whether someone else's settings take that into account. Look for guidelines as to what your settings should be, not exact values. A search in the large heli forum will probably give you some ideas as to where to start. Good luck.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:07 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,094 Posts
I have a DX8 and i was wondering if i can download the blade 450 programming and use it
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:13 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalheli View Post
Don't try to use someone else's programming. It is not very likely to work out unless they have the same radio, the same brand of servos, and model, the same motor and esc, the same gyro, etc. Otherwise you are just as likely to spool up and drill it into the ground as you are for it to fly. Different brands of servo will sometimes turn in the opposite direction, so they need to be run in reverse. Gyro's the same way, depending on the combination of gyro and tail servo, you may need to reverse the gyro, the servo, or both. You have no way of knowing whether someone else's settings take that into account. Look for guidelines as to what your settings should be, not exact values. A search in the large heli forum will probably give you some ideas as to where to start. Good luck.
+1 on that.. Also, on some brands of radios, the throttle channel must be reversed in the Transmitter. Ha, I know from experience.. Never on a new build, with new electronic, engage the motor to the main gear, until you determine that your throttle stick is programmed correctly. Example of this is: Low throttle becomes high throttle and vise-versa.
choppersrule is online now Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:17 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Based on you initial question as to where to plug the servo into the rx, please join helifreak and review finless videos on programming tx and setting up the heli. An incorrect set up and/or setting will cause great bodily injury.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:31 PM
Drev
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined Jan 2011
85 Posts
Sounds like you're in an awful big hurry. A 600 size heli can be very dangerous!! Take you're time & be careful.
Drev is offline Find More Posts by Drev
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:33 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyers View Post
I have the TREXX600 and i need help programming my radio for it and if someone can send me their programming that would be great! I also dont know where to put the servo ends into my reciver. I need help ASAP! My email is flytmac90@aim.com if you can help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyers View Post
I have a DX8 and i was wondering if i can download the blade 450 programming and use it
Wow, based on these comments I'm going to be brutally honest and say you have no business whatsoever in trying to fly that heli. You're going to end up on youtube video of how you cut some part of your body.

Watch the finless bob videos but GET SOME LOCAL HELP. You've obviously never done this before on a smaller heli and you WILL either hurt yourself or destroy the heli.

I'll share a story with you. Even knowing something about programming I was setting up my 4th cp heli when I had a brainfart and reversed the throttle channel while the motor was plugged in to the esc and engaged in the main gear.... needless to say that didn't go over well and I ended up with 4 cuts, 1 to my face an inch below my right eye. Now try to imagine what would have happend if the end of the blade (which was travelling at near 60mph) would have done to my eye if it was an inch higher. Now try to imagine what a 600 class heli can do...

I have seen pictures of a guy who had the carbon fiber blade of a 600 class heli cut right through the entire calf muscle and bounce off the bone.

These helis are great hobbies and can be great fun but must be treated with respect. Some people go so far as to say anything larger than 450 is too dangerous, some don't give enough respect to the fact that any flying object can cause damage. With all that said, the OP has no where near enough knowledge or experience to properly set up this heli and is obviously looking for as many shortcuts as possible to get it flying. That is a recipe for disaster...
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Last edited by Druss; Aug 15, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:39 PM
Drev
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined Jan 2011
85 Posts
+1.....
Drev is offline Find More Posts by Drev
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:48 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
>Wow, based on these comments I'm going to be brutally honest and say you have no business whatsoever in trying to fly that heli. You're going to end up on youtube video of how you cut some part of your body.

No kidding. And that's why I always shake my head when someone asks what they should get for their first heli, and so many people say "get as big as you can afford to crash".
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:49 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Let me add that I don't think that all new flyers should not get large helis . I love my 550's and have 1 600, and they are great but... that was after a succession of 300, 450 and 500's. Not saying everyone needs to take that same path but I learned how dangerous these were early on and it's stayed with me.

With the right guidance and help, the 600 is a great heli to learn on. Super stable due to it's size and almost seems to floats but i would only recommend this path with someone experienced to help set up and buddy box with.

If you do insist on taking this path on your own, please ensure there is no one else around when you maiden it. This heli can travel half a football field in a few seconds.
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:39 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,884 Posts
I concur with what the others have said. But, if it's a real Align T-Rex, in my limited experience their manual takes you step-by-step throught the setup process, including which channels to plug things into, and how to troubleshoot if they end up moving the wrong way.

And, of course, if you do try to do this without hands-on experienced help, do everything without any blades attached, until you're sure things are working right. Better still, leave the motor disconnected until you've got the servos set up.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Nov 15, 2011, 02:28 AM
Georgia
Joined Jun 2007
681 Posts
Leave the motor disconnected until you've got the servos set up is perhaps the best advice so far. It's also a very good idea to remove the main and tail blades from the hubs before you do the first power up with the motor connected. this allows you to do a relatively safe balance and belt tension/ gear mesh test. Next is usually to install the tail rotor blades and retest to make sure that they are turning in the correct direction. Next, I'd check that the gyro works and changes the tail blade pitch properly.
When all of this is successful, it's finally time to install the main blades (You did check blade balance, didn't you?).

The "final test" (or maybe not) is to secure the heli to something solid, so that it will not fly at all, much less in an un-expected manner.
Since this is a first time spinup with the main blades, make sure that there is something substantial between you and the spinning blades before you try to spin up to flying RPM, and load the blades with pitch.
chuck75 is offline Find More Posts by chuck75