HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
6 Posts
I got mine yesterday and it had the same gap in the fuselage seam as other have mentioned but that's no big deal at all. Very easy to assemble even without the manual. Tried it today and it flies very well. Flied it three times and then I managed to crash into another Tiger Moth and my top wing fell off and the plane hit the ground. Broke my bottom wing and the fuselage needs some glue. My lawyers are looking into the mater as I write and I am expecting full compensation from the other pilot

All in all a very fun plane and absolutely worth the money. Loops and rolls and is able to fly inverted. Looking forward to fly it again.
SuperSpiff is offline Find More Posts by SuperSpiff
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:39 PM
ODB VI September 2014
1987tc's Avatar
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
Those who have their planes now. How long from your notice that it was shipped until it arrived? And what method did you use to have it shipped.
Wes
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phone number change.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
6 Posts
I used EMS Express and it took 9 or 10 days to Norway.
SuperSpiff is offline Find More Posts by SuperSpiff
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:04 AM
Crimson Swine...
Australia, VIC, Romsey
Joined Jul 2003
230 Posts
Follow-up from 1987tc's question:

I purchased one immediately in came back into stock (23rd) when there was 10+ in stock. It went into the Warehouse print queue very soon after but since then (now 26th), no further progress.

Anyone else having the same issue? I see the product is back into "back order" status again.

Hope the temporary "pause" to check the fuselage problem hasn't somehow affected the ordering queue. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Looks like a sweet sweet little bird!! Well done Scott and team.

I've asked CS for an update, so I will pass that on when they get back to me.

Cheers
Mick
mc411800 is offline Find More Posts by mc411800
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
6 Posts
I see now that my posting above is incorrect. 9-10 days is from I placed the order. Shipping was 5 days with EMS Express.
SuperSpiff is offline Find More Posts by SuperSpiff
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:32 AM
Registered User
bouncebk2003's Avatar
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,077 Posts
Less than ten days to get to Minnesota.I have to look closer,but I don't think mine has any fuselage gap issues.Looks like a fine little tiggy!Nice detail.If it flies as good as it looks,I might order a few more to do other color schemes.It would be fun to do camo on top,and leave the yellow on the bottom.
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:00 AM
Been There, Crashed That!
Austang's Avatar
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc411800 View Post
Follow-up from 1987tc's question:

I purchased one immediately in came back into stock (23rd) when there was 10+ in stock. It went into the Warehouse print queue very soon after but since then (now 26th), no further progress.

Anyone else having the same issue? I see the product is back into "back order" status again.

Hope the temporary "pause" to check the fuselage problem hasn't somehow affected the ordering queue. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Looks like a sweet sweet little bird!! Well done Scott and team.

I've asked CS for an update, so I will pass that on when they get back to me.

Cheers
Mick
You reckon thats bad mate I had an order in the wharehouse being packed for the last ten days, we have had some perfect flying weather, the plane is almost ready, just waiting on this order to be sent. Frustrated is putting how I feel very lightly.
Austang is offline Find More Posts by Austang
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:11 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Roger Lombard's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc411800 View Post
Follow-up from 1987tc's question:

I purchased one immediately in came back into stock (23rd) when there was 10+ in stock. It went into the Warehouse print queue very soon after but since then (now 26th), no further progress.

Anyone else having the same issue? I see the product is back into "back order" status again.

Hope the temporary "pause" to check the fuselage problem hasn't somehow affected the ordering queue. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Looks like a sweet sweet little bird!! Well done Scott and team.

I've asked CS for an update, so I will pass that on when they get back to me.

Cheers
Mick
I ordered mine on 19/8. Apart from the payment acknowledgements I then got a couple of emails on 20/8, the last of which said "This is an email from hobbyking's JIT Truck. We would like to inform you that your product(s) have been picked & are on the truck headed for the HobbyKing Front-End Warehouse.It will take 12hrs for the box to arrive in the front-end warehouse, there it will be packed and shipped out to you.

Thanks for your support!
Hobbyking.com"

But like you my order seems to have run aground. There was, briefly, a notice on the site earlier this week saying that due to staff shortages there was a 3-5 day delay on packing large items but its frustrating when you've paid for express (EMS) shipping to have a delay in despatch.

I've had a support response saying the delay is at the China factory but that doesn't fit with the email so I've gone back to them. Further response awaited.

I should add I ordered some small parts yesterday (Wooden props) and that order has already been shipped, I have a tracking number. So it does look like the issue is with large items.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:51 AM
Make me a proper Spitfire!
SAPSPIT's Avatar
Norway
Joined Jul 2009
1,017 Posts
I did order mine the first day it appeared on their web site...still processing at sorting senter...well I've got enough planes to fly ,so no hurry! will probably rapaint the HK TM to do a Norwegian Tiger Moth like the one I did below. It's a Green Models/Leaque 40"

Cheers
Terje
SAPSPIT is offline Find More Posts by SAPSPIT
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:22 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Roger Lombard's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
It would be interesting to see if HobbyKing can be persuaded to sell the kit in unpainted form (and WITHOUT HobbyKing decals!). Presumably a small saving in cost but more importantly it gives us all the choice to select our own colour scheme without having to overpaint the yellow. I've never understood why so many manufacturers of Tiger Moth kits seem to think that yellow is "the" colour.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:17 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
It would be interesting to see if HobbyKing can be persuaded to sell the kit in unpainted form (and WITHOUT HobbyKing decals!). Presumably a small saving in cost but more importantly it gives us all the choice to select our own colour scheme without having to overpaint the yellow. I've never understood why so many manufacturers of Tiger Moth kits seem to think that yellow is "the" colour.
All the original RAF TMs were yellow. They were training aircraft and I expect that they wanted them to be seen by all in the flying area.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:37 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jan 2010
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
All the original RAF TMs were yellow. They were training aircraft and I expect that they wanted them to be seen by all in the flying area.
I could be wrong but I think originally they were not yellow but after a mid air collision involving two student pilots they decided all RAF trainers would be yellow to make them more visible.
MikeRobey42 is offline Find More Posts by MikeRobey42
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:34 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Roger Lombard's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
I thought they were yellow underneath but camouflage uppers, as in

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/o/302/9/0/4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DH.82A_Tiger_Moth

And whilst it might have been yellow for the reasons given before the start of hostilities I'd have thought trainee pilots would have something of an aversion to being too easily seen once there was a possibility of an Me109 patrolling overhead...
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:51 PM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRobey42 View Post
I could be wrong but I think originally they were not yellow but after a mid air collision involving two student pilots they decided all RAF trainers would be yellow to make them more visible.
You could be right. I also think that they might have been Grey at first.
I hope I am not being a 'Big head', but some years back, I managed to have a few hours on them.
There was a club at Biggin hill that leased a couple from the 'Tiger club'.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
I ordered mine on 19/8. Apart from the payment acknowledgements I then got a couple of emails on 20/8, the last of which said "This is an email from hobbyking's JIT Truck. We would like to inform you that your product(s) have been picked & are on the truck headed for the HobbyKing Front-End Warehouse.It will take 12hrs for the box to arrive in the front-end warehouse, there it will be packed and shipped out to you.

Thanks for your support!
Hobbyking.com"

But like you my order seems to have run aground. There was, briefly, a notice on the site earlier this week saying that due to staff shortages there was a 3-5 day delay on packing large items but its frustrating when you've paid for express (EMS) shipping to have a delay in despatch.

I've had a support response saying the delay is at the China factory but that doesn't fit with the email so I've gone back to them. Further response awaited.

I should add I ordered some small parts yesterday (Wooden props) and that order has already been shipped, I have a tracking number. So it does look like the issue is with large items.
I ordered mine on the 18 and posted under the tigermoth stating that I don't really agree with how after you pay and commit then it says about the warehouse delays and its a jit item that takes from 3_ 5 days to ship to the main warehouse .. I believe it would be good if you know about delays before you pay .... seems there something wrong with hk being upfront.. ANYWAY Anthony hand replied to my post saying that the five day delay at the main warehouse doesn't effect jit items as the order is sent directly there and stuff isbeing shipped from there on average 24. Hours ... if only my post didn't vanish when it was taken of the site .... if nothing affects this jit stuff what the is going on ... I paid and end and even with my post on the hobbyking forum under ask hk ... asking the obvious ???? And are they to be checked now before shipping gets no reply ..... why the have you got a ask hk if you don't intend to reply... at the end of the day they have your money .... don't think Mr hand should reply to posts if he doesn't know what is going ... no delays a couple of days.. Yeh Yeh Yeh my email says its on the truck moving and that was the 20th.....
CARAVANMAN is offline Find More Posts by CARAVANMAN
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Tian Sheng FW-190 kit from Hobby King (1 meter, EPO) byxnplanes Electric Warbirds 229 Sep 27, 2012 09:36 PM
Discussion fastest epo foam electric from hobby king or other dr50376272 Electric Plane Talk 48 Oct 28, 2011 12:29 PM
Discussion Hobby Lobby 50" Tiger Moth wolfewinde Scale ARF/RTF 10 Jun 20, 2011 10:25 AM
New Product Hobby King 2.3M EPO EP Ventus PNF Doubletap Electric Sailplanes 1 Apr 05, 2011 11:00 PM