HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by helibard, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:06 AM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
935 Posts
Discussion
My RC

I flew RC planes 20 yrs. ago, and was as hooked on flying as I was building them from balsa kits. No RC for 20 years, then my wife bought me a co-axial heli and I was hooked again. Went through the heli ranks then I bought the Champ. Now, I'm a balsa build guy, so I was skeptical about these little foam planes. All I can say is WOW! Now I have many ultra micro planes and helis. I tend to fly the planes more as they are easier to control. Horizon Hobby has made some great products and so far I have had nothing but good experiences with them when I've needed warranty work. I have made many great friends on these forums and and look foreward to talking to them as much as flying. Some people at work dont understand my addiction but you guys do. God bless you and God speed flying.
Jim
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Last edited by helibard; Aug 16, 2011 at 10:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:37 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,857 Posts
Old and Too Silly to Stay Out of RC

Your story sounds like mine, starting a little over a year ago. What can I say? I am too old to do much of anything else that is fun, so I fly RC. Have been doing indoor with the local club once a month at a university gym, and got into park flyers. Bought a few dozen kits so far, but got hooked on foam options on the cheap and started blogging about it. Now I am trying to branch out into models as big as my little truck will carry. Really like the odd-ball flyers, so ... I suppose I am hooked also. May need an RCAA one of these days, lol.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:23 PM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
935 Posts
My wife does use the word "addiction" when she talks about my hobby. LOL
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:12 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,857 Posts