SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:54 PM
Joined Nov 2009
130 Posts
Discussion
Was supposed to get my Dynam t-28 today but..

I have the SuperCub LP but have not flown in 2 weeks due to me getting bored of 3ch. It served me well by teaching the perfect or near perfect landings, low, slow and fast fly bys, some inverted flying (a bit hard with 3ch but possible), stalling and recuperating, etc.
One of my friends, LHS owner let me fly his P-47 with retracts and flaps.. I had NO problems flying, doing a bit of sport flying and very nice landings.
I got myself a DX8 3 weeks ago and still have nothing to fly with it, its killing me!
I was looking at the FMS T-28 but its a bit on the expensive side even the ARF.
I then looked at the Dynam T-28 and I was SURE that is what I was going to order this morning until I started reading more and more about other models.
A lot of people will recommend that airplane but the only reason I was going to get it was because it would be a good transition from the LP BUT now that I have flown a faster "harder" to fly bird, I don't believe I want the T-28 anymore.

In a plane I'm getting I would want the following:

1. Scale (its okay if its not super scale)
2. 6ch (elevator, rudder, ailerons, throttle, flaps, retracts)
3. $300usd or under
4. ARF (RxR)
5. Quality
6. Speed (80mph + if possible)

I have searched and mostly looking at warbirds but there are so many options, its driving me insane!
I would also love an EDF jet, since my goal is to eventually get into composite jets. I would not mind building something for $300 but I would really like an ARF (RxR) since it would only be my second lady.

I would like to emphazise that EDF JETS ARE an option, if everything is there .

-Swwert
Swert Pertoto is offline Find More Posts by Swert Pertoto
Last edited by Swert Pertoto; Aug 13, 2011 at 01:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2011, 01:22 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,444 Posts
That's one hell of a list.

First, 'ARF' and 'RxR' are nowhere near the same thing; a RxR plane includes a power system and all electronics except a radio. An ARF requires you to supply all this yourself... You'd be looking at two totally different price ranges for any given plane.

Next, what size range are you looking for?

As far as EDF jets, don't get too sure of yourself. Flying one of them is really, really hard. I'm not saying you can't do it, but I'm also not saying that you can. It would really depend on your actual skills, which may or may not be up to it.

In any case, the list you have now is not gonna happen. You'll have to make some serious tradeoffs...
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:57 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Eflite Hawker Hurricane?

I agree with TP about the EDF - stuff happens quickly and the flight dynamics are very different, but the EDF dream can be easily achieved by working up to it.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:14 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,505 Posts
stryker would do it for you 85mph out of the box
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:40 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,444 Posts
I also thought of F-27Q, except it's only four channels and it's nowhere near scale anything. As far as quality, speed, and budget, though, it fits quite nicely...
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:40 AM
Joined Nov 2009
130 Posts
Thank you all, i have decided to go with the PZ p-47 for now buy wilp def look into the 3 mentioned. I uave heard gooood things about the stryker as well
Swert Pertoto is offline Find More Posts by Swert Pertoto
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:58 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,386 Posts
Agree with everyone, an EDF is NOT your next step. A whole nother bird when flying, you need to be flying ahead of an EDF. It's not the same as a prop job.

Take it from someone who went from a Cub to a Stryker, that can be done. A Stryker can be flown slow and can be built to be pure stupid fast.

And a Stryker will take a beating and keep on flying.

Anyhow, I wouldn't toss the idea of a T-28 out either. The ParkZone version is a winner.
And it's so easy to mod as your experience grows. Add flaps, retracts, faster motor, etc. And it's in your price range with money to spare for those upgrades.

Be the same as a real pilot, training is done in steps. They don't jump from a Cub into an F22. It's Cub, T-28, T-33, and so on till they have the skills to move up.

Or if you have money to burn like me, you can go my route and jump from the Cub to stupid fast birds, both prop and EDF.
Glacier Girl is online now Find More Posts by Glacier Girl